Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Beginner question: What's the best way to see when blood flow falls off?

Default Beginner question: What's the best way to see when blood flow falls off?

Hello, just wondering if someone could suggest the best way to get notified when blood flow (and any other hot) falls off.

Because of shields and combo's.. i find it challenging to look at (either) the buff bar or my health bar.. And the healing ticks are with the buff icons so that doesn't help either! It also feels like keeping the hots up is part of good gameplay for the class, you want to do this.

I'm using ikos ui and its made the icons bigger but it still doesn't help the problem.

Thanks for any advice.

Use Blood Flow and Renewal at the same time. When you can recast Renewal, it's time to cast Blood Flow again.
    Quote Originally Posted by Angellis
    Off-topic: I would pay a lifetime sub if FC changed the name of Strike to Guard to the "Oh sh*t" combo! The tooltip could read: "The guardian realises they are now in over their head, and, having soiled themselves, are less likely to receive attention from their target."

or, you can use it immediately before or after internal bleed...
    "in the depths of a mind insane fantasy and reality are the same"

Yawgmoth (Ranger) - Nyxathid (Necro) - Yixlid (HoX) - Kaltas (DT) - Heung (BS) - Teysa (HoX) - Gatzu (Guard) - Krovax (Ranger) - Hurkyl (Barb) - Vedalken (PoM)

Blue heals (blood flow) put the blue ring around you. As the heal 'wears off' the ring gets smaller. Green heals will add in a green circle: that circle also 'shrinks' as the buff wears off.

So you can learn to tell when its wearing off by the size of the blue or green circles around your character

There are som different ways to notice, and as you continue to play you will develop a feeling for when it is time to refresh.

When learning i suggest putting it into your rotation, i talk about this in my BS101 video here: http://youtu.be/Sy4osc9wsu0
    I am Stian ingame...

The best way?

Scaev's combat monitor has custom triggers that can give on screen (overlay) countdowns for timers so you can set it so that when 'You successfully cast blood flow' appears in your combat log a timer appears and warns you when it will expire. Useful for manifestations, blood warrior, that sort of thing.

I believe Advanced Combat Tracker has custom triggers too with live parsing combat logs.

Quote Originally Posted by Boesch View Post
    The best way?

Scaev's combat monitor has custom triggers that can give on screen (overlay) countdowns for timers so you can set it so that when 'You successfully cast blood flow' appears in your combat log a timer appears and warns you when it will expire. Useful for manifestations, blood warrior, that sort of thing.

I believe Advanced Combat Tracker has custom triggers too with live parsing combat logs.

Atc have it too but it's not as good as the req nex combat monitor thing... or I'm not fully understanding atc yet.
    Fass
    Professional northmen slayer of saga
    {Circle of Eternity}

Quote Originally Posted by Yawgmoth-VDN View Post
    or, you can use it immediately before or after internal bleed...
    I usually cast it before Internal bleed, but yeah, same timer more or less.

Quote Originally Posted by Boesch View Post
    The best way?

The first tick of Blood Flow heals 2x the usual amount. That first tick can (and should, for efficiency purpose) be triggered every 12.5 seconds (PoM and ToS spells have their own timer on that). Cast Blood Flow, use Internal Bleed and Renewal, when both are available again, cast Blood Flow again, rince and repeat. You have 10 seconds to use whatever spells/combos you want to use between the last Internal Bleed and the Next Blood Flow.
    Quote Originally Posted by Angellis
    Off-topic: I would pay a lifetime sub if FC changed the name of Strike to Guard to the "Oh sh*t" combo! The tooltip could read: "The guardian realises they are now in over their head, and, having soiled themselves, are less likely to receive attention from their target."

Thanks for the responses guys, all of them are brilliant.

I've also mapped blood flow and renewal to q and e keys which made things easier. I've also learned about waiting for the castbar for the combo finisher to complete before triggering something else also helps (i wasn't damaging nearly as much as i should have been), and that if you just run into an area of mobs you will get pve ganked, often, always, unfairly.. so slow and steady is the best.

Much appreciated about the circles tip, will checkout the addon, thanks for the rotation video!

Circles are the best for watching the buff on yourself/teammates, and seeing who doesn't have a blue heal. It's definitely the best by a longshot IMO.

But you'll want to recast it more often than that, because Blood Warrior has a shorter duration and you'll want that DPS buff to always be up. It's like 12 seconds or something. Generally when you need to cast a new manifestation or renewal, you'll have to recast Blood Flow again to keep the DPS buff up always. You'll have to recast a manifestation/renewal every 12-15 seconds, so the timing is pretty accurate.

Besides that, you'll just get used to it after a while and not have to really think much about it. But really, especially if you're doing PvP or any kind of PvE where your group is spread out, get used to looking at the rings around people's feet to ensure that your entire group constantly has heals on them (when needed).

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast