Thread: Is the animation of possession bugged?

Default Is the animation of possession bugged?

Tried searching for answers but got too many results... Is the animation for possession bugged? When I use it, my demo stands completely still and there doesn't even seem to be a spell effect accompanying it. The BS stun was bugged with no animation for a few weeks; iirc it got some attention and was fixed in last patch. Is the same the case for possession, or is this intended? Has it been reported?

Quote Originally Posted by Greyloins View Post
    Tried searching for answers but got too many results... Is the animation for possession bugged? When I use it, my demo stands completely still and there doesn't even seem to be a spell effect accompanying it. The BS stun was bugged with no animation for a few weeks; iirc it got some attention and was fixed in last patch. Is the same the case for possession, or is this intended? Has it been reported?
    As far as I know it has been like that since day 1.

Quote Originally Posted by Dodgeball View Post
    As far as I know it has been like that since day 1.
    That is very very strange. More a blatant lack of polish than Throat Slash or Fire Lance not having unique animations IMO. Can't believe they never added an animation, even a generic one would make it look at ten times better than this immersive-breaking pause-in-animation for the duration of the cast.

That is very very strange. More a blatant lack of polish than Throat Slash or Fire Lance not having unique animations IMO. Can't believe they never added an animation, even a generic one would make it look at ten times better than this immersive-breaking pause-in-animation for the duration of the cast.
    I believe it was an instant cast spell at one point long ago, when it was changed to a 1 sec cast maybe the animation was never implemented? not sure.

is quite fun to just stand like a bot when the enemy mdd appears , and woops , stun out of nowhere most ppl dont repel it with anticcs cause they cant see it happening (not to mention most pvpers play with castbars disabled, which is pretty lol)
    Fury:
    Etheecx -Necrow R5
    Ebedokles -Priest of Agrigento [threw himself into the volcano!]
    Teargarden -Sin R8
    Teagarden -Ranger R7
    Tempgarden - DeaTea R8
    Teadealer -ToS R3

Crom:
    Ethicx -Demonologist R10
    Bedtime -Guardian R5
    SponsoredHox R3 delight

*Chaotic gooD*

It takes a second to cast, so maybe your not finishing the cast. Also, it's gone through changes over the years, from a channel spell (which it was not a stun), to an instant stun, to now a 1 second cast time stun. The original animation was green lines and instead of stunning an opponent it charmed them, which was kind of funny to watch. Ever since they changed that though, there has not been an animation.
    Doomsayer 2008