Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: renown caps

Default Bump...

Anzu,
    While this is great that you guys are working on your database issue, this is really impacting new guilds. If you have 1 architect in guild (And it is a small guild and it is expensive to level up another architect), this architect gets capped when you are making slabs, frames and girders for your guild. NONE of the 33,000+ creations count towards leveling up your guild. (This equates to roughly 20,000,000 Renown or to help clarify some more, roughly 2 guild levels.) I know we get renown for putting up the buildings, and that is good but capping my guild's architect is keeping us from leveling our guild at least two levels (I haven't figured out what the wall impact will be but again, probably another level).

This is a huge unfair disadvantage for a new guild. I guess we will never be able to get up an inn or be able to use a traveling merchant....

Quote Originally Posted by Anzu View Post
    In fact, they care and it's on the list. You can see Nusquam talking about it here and here.

There's something you have to understand: moderators are volunteers. We're not part of Funcom staff, and we can't do anything about the game itself. Basically, we're players like everyone else. What we can do though (and we already do it, even if you can't see when we do it) is talking to sezmra and Tomium about some of the messages in the forums.

But other than that? I'm not sure Nusquam would talk to me anymore if I keep bugging him about Ssravizh
    Short cuts make long delays.

Quote Originally Posted by Elleanorr View Post
    In another words they have no f****** clue how to fix it.
    They should review the petitions, suggestions and posts from the players then. As with all science, in computer science you can also apply the black box principle, so even without knowing the actual code, you can predict where to look for the fix or bug by looking at the system input, output and behaviour.

This applies to proper fixing, but you could also make workarounds that do not need to pay attention to old coding. So, blaming other programmers and bad code is NO excuse to not even adress the problem in some way. If all tech and scripting skill fails, there is always the matter of allowing the gms for blunt compensation or manual change OR disabling the cap altogether (a hex editor should be sufficient for that and knowing what the cap number is).
    I know they can manually change it (or give renown manually to capped guilds), because gms did it in the past before a change of internal rules probably. But if new guilds petition now, they get a "not allowed" message.
    Last edited by Kurt2013; 24th January 2015 at 13:04.

I would also really love to hear an update about this issue, and *really* hope it's fixed with the crafting update.

I've just returned to the game with a group of players. We have no interest in joining a mega guild and instead have been working on building our guild city and grinding renown. It's really put a damper on our motivation to do this now that we've learned we likely won't be able to progress once we hit the cap. It's very discouraging.

I can imagine artistry renown being off the charts with the crafting update, and if guilds can't benefit from it, it will be hugely discouraging.

I wish they'd remove the weekly caps entirely. It's just very bad that new guilds can't build something of their own when new people are the lifeblood of any game's community.

I am in two guilds, one is a European andt has been on Crom for years, and the other is a small American guild of real life friends that formed on Wiccanna. The big, rank 20 European guild has its guild members' renown reset every Saturday. My lowly rank 4 American-merged guild never has its renown reset. After the renown recalculations, I can look on the guild list and still see hundreds of thousands of renown. After a few weeks of playing one of these characters, I hit the renown cap and cannot gain anymore. The only way I have found to keep gaining renown is to leave the guild, wait the three days to get reinvited, and come back. Upon re-entering the guild, that character's renown has reset to 0, and can gain renown for the guild again.

Quote Originally Posted by Villith View Post
    I am in two guilds, one is a European andt has been on Crom for years, and the other is a small American guild of real life friends that formed on Wiccanna. The big, rank 20 European guild has its guild members' renown reset every Saturday. My lowly rank 4 American-merged guild never has its renown reset. After the renown recalculations, I can look on the guild list and still see hundreds of thousands of renown. After a few weeks of playing one of these characters, I hit the renown cap and cannot gain anymore. The only way I have found to keep gaining renown is to leave the guild, wait the three days to get reinvited, and come back. Upon re-entering the guild, that character's renown has reset to 0, and can gain renown for the guild again.
    You can get invited to any other guild, then leave it to by-pass the 2 day wait.

I also have a small guild city with that same problem, WHY should I have to have my toons leave guild, invite to another guild and then a third to be able to invite back to guild to get renown. ITS STUPID, just fix it or get rid of it, but having it be an issue that creates time sink and frustration is NOT GOOD FOR THE GAME. For the big guilds its not an issue, other than the "loose guild window once a week" during reset, but its a totally unfair system for small guilds, it has always been unfair for small guilds, and I don't see it EVER being fair for small guilds, every big guild is already maxed and most small guilds will never get there.

Default Guild TOTAL renown counter not updating ( stays the same), personal renown is updating

Hi
    since few days our guild ( lvl 7 ) Total renown stopped incrementing
    weeks renown incrementing ok
    also the sub weekly renown.
    cap is set for weekly artistic and valor but it is not reached yet

is it a known issue to anybody ?

PM told me it is a global issue. does any guild have the same issue ?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123