Thread: [PVE] About DPS

Default [PVE] About DPS

Hey bears,

I am playing my BS alt a lot these days and all I can say is: WTF IS WRONG WITH OUR DMG OUTPUT?!!!

I mean, on strawman I usually do around 1k2 (tiger gear, wolves blunt, AF helmet, dps crafted jewels, blue dps cloak from yag), without pots but with Vision of the sky.

I also came to the conclusion that our dps cycle has to be as simple as possible.

Sun, Blood flow, IB 4, rune of aggression, SB6 with Renewal, SB5. 2 cycles with sun, 1 cycle with spirit.

How much do you deal ?

Maybe I'm doing something wrong, I've tested a lot of things (thx to the sticky thread btw) though.

If I had one thing to ask to FC, it would be to increase our claws effects. Just play with numbers a little bit.

Well one error - IB2 and you ready to hit almost max with bs , and when you get hands on t3,5 or t4dps or even t5 blunt then you will know max output unfortunately they haven't listen during revamp they won't listen now (they actually haven't finished revamp, tried to speed things up and break the class to stupid SB spam class). Also don't post on those forums go TL maybe, but still i guarantee 1% chance on response. I loved my class from very beginning, but it is pain to watch when each revamp is bringing ur class down and making it stupidly simple. Where is use for WA combo or UB when spamming SB is more effective ;/

Quote Originally Posted by StaHoo View Post
    Well one error - IB2 and you ready to hit almost max with bs , and when you get hands on t3,5 or t4dps or even t5 blunt then you will know max output unfortunately they haven't listen during revamp they won't listen now (they actually haven't finished revamp, tried to speed things up and break the class to stupid SB spam class). Also don't post on those forums go TL maybe, but still i guarantee 1% chance on response. I loved my class from very beginning, but it is pain to watch when each revamp is bringing ur class down and making it stupidly simple. Where is use for WA combo or UB when spamming SB is more effective ;/
    I have tried IB2, but it doesn't payoff for me yet, unfortunately. I've read it mostly depends on the weapon. I'll cross my fingers to get one of the t4 ones
    I'll check TL forums but I already know it's not worth the effort, that's why I asked you guys what you thought about it.

Caudilloo, I have read that topic in hopes of seing more of this kind of results, but only Lurvi (iirc) could achieve that "when the stars are aligned". Rather impressive though, and I would love to get my hands on a step by step method to increase my dps^^

Question is, how much the commun of mortals deal? I know it depends on gear, especially the weapon, but it would give me hope if the answers turned around 1k5
    Last edited by MisterClean; 21st November 2014 at 20:56.

I have done some parsing tonigh on TL server.

Full T4 gear, dps mace, jewels and cape.

Funny (and also sad) thing, is that my reseults went from 1260dps to 1550. I had the best results with IB2, as expected; but the thing about it is that every time I used IB2 in my rotation, I had alot more critical hits.

I know it would deserve much more digging and testing but with IB4 I have ~25.5% crit (I did 7 strawmen) whereas I have ~32% crit with IB2 (I did 8 SM). It may come from the fact that the lower the animation of IB is, the more SBs you do. Still, I find that 6.5% difference huge and very strange.

Anyway, many of you must have done the same tests and much more, so i'll stick to the simple facts that IB2 is better with a greater weapon and 1500++dps is doable, although you need to get lucky crits.

Sad :/

Quote Originally Posted by MisterClean View Post
    Sun, Blood flow, IB 4, rune of aggression, SB6 with Renewal, SB5. 2 cycles with sun, 1 cycle with spirit.
    Try to switch the SBs so you have SB6 finisher when the weapon damage buff from sun is running.
    Apart from that you often don't have the opportunity to only focus on dps.
    e.g. having to cast Celestial Gaze or Burst, debuffing with Bewilder and Ursine Brawl.