Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: HoX stats

Default HoX stats

Oki.. Open ended question..
    Soldiers need strength.
    Priests casters need wisdom.
    Rogues need dexterity
    Mages need intelligence..

So why do hoxes need strength intelligence and a healthy dose of endurance coz our armour is worth the paper its printed on...
    Can we not just have all damage based on one stat like the majority of the other characters? Bear shamen aside. It's not a priest, its a self healing dps machine of a tank. Which just happens to have loads of protection... (does the game director play a bs?)
    I understand that this request would probably end up making not a lot of sense (why would being brainy make you swing the sword harder, or why would big huge muscles make you burn people better, but its just silly trying to mix match items whereas with other classes (tos for example wisdom with some wisdom and ill take a large side order of wisdom with some wisdom on top of that) the choice seems somewhat easier.. Now before you start bleating hybrid class.. Look at the bs. Where is his wisdom stat. Strength and basta!! Unless it is based on wisdom and I've just made a fool of myself.. (never rolled a bs yet). Anyway.. What does the community think?
    Last edited by Kahlipso; 18th November 2014 at 19:06.

The problem with that is that changing the hox to that extend would make alot of hoxspecific gear useless. In endgame you have lots of sets that fit the hox just fine.

But that aside i would rather change other classes to use multiple attributes than changing the hox to one.

Quote Originally Posted by Kahlipso View Post
    Oki.. Open ended question..
    Soldiers need strength.
    Priests casters need wisdom.
    Rogues need dexterity
    Mages need intelligence..
    dt=strength&wisdom
    bs=strength&wisdom (yeah i know...^^)
    barb=strength
    hox=strength&intelligence

and every class needs con

also when you check hox specific gear you will see its not getting half strength from what other strength users get , it has higher item budget to make up for the hybrid nature of the class

Quote Originally Posted by Arundel View Post
    The problem with that is that changing the hox to that extend would make alot of hoxspecific gear useless. In endgame you have lots of sets that fit the hox just fine.

But that aside i would rather change other classes to use multiple attributes than changing the hox to one.

Gear stats can be changed. If I've understood correctly, the T1-3 gear will be getting critigation values in a distant future (or maybe I dreamed that..) so it isnt 'impossible' or so it would it seem.
    The thing being, that there is 1 overwhelming attribute for each archetype that adds bigass DPS. (Other than Combat rating combat rating combat rating..)

Gear will then become a visual choice rather than an imposed choice because the gear has EITHER strength OR Intelligence and both affect different things in the HoX arsenal.
    To bring back the POM/TOS example, you want wisdom, to the same extent for archer, assassin, you want only dexterity.. (and strength for the barbarian, conq, guardian and DT...)

Now I understand that balancing issues can be brought up etc. but it feels to me that being a jack of all trades in this game just ends up feeling like you're the master of nothing.

Is it not better to just give Combat rating and intelligence to the gear rather than differing values of attributes that help one part of your attack range whilst penalising you in other parts.
    If I've been reading these forums correctly only CR and 2H CR helps the hox... for ex. the dot element of BtD isnt affected by fire CR... (doesnt that make 11 points to get to Hell on Earth seem worthwhile..)
    So CR for Combos (pillars hellstrikes) and Int for BtD dot and spell (you know hat they are..) damage.

Of course Constitution helps a good deal, but when you see ToS skill tress that shunt almost 100 con onto your toon (and thats BEFORE armour stats) you have to think.. darn it - The Hoxes are getting the short end of the stick here..

What do you educated and worldy gentlemen and ladies think?

HoX is fine, move on.
    Tainted Souls on Crom - Johara's Featplanner

Hushi (HoX) - Igne natura renovatur integra

Exactly what I always say : Hox needs heavy armor !

Furthermore I say : Give rangers a ruin
    Typing on mobile
    Excuse mspellings and strange auto erections
    --------------------------------------------------
    (current) Mains: Slackjoint (tos), Daraiios(sin) , Quorrin (DT)

Yes the new store still blows

I dont understand point of this thread. Hox is hybrid class, melee/caster hence the need for more more stats. You want it to be only caster or only melee?

the point of the thread is.. the hox has their stats spread out over several fields in order to be able to use all of their abilities. WHy dont we just have gear that uses combat rating and intelligence (we are after all mages) instead of strength (pillar, hellstrikes, etc) or intelligence (btd dot, tongue, hellfire breath, chains, etc)
    When you lok at tos armour, its wisdom, con. and some more magic damage.
    I just have the feeling that because we effectively have to balance the stats out, we don't get to master our craft (which is burning stuff to death with fire.. then chopping up the remains with a big 2 handed sword.)

Oki DT is a hybrid class as well, certes.. but its still strength and more strength.

oki, if I'm the only one complaining about it, I guess I'm not seeing something.. more testing is needed.

DT is not just "strength and more strength"... Wisdom, critical rating, strength more likely.
    HoX is hybrid and should stay as that: there is nothing wrong with its DPS or flexibility to say otherwise.
    • Remove daily rewards and the raid finder;
    • remove membership bonuses;
    • disable PVE XP for daily challenges;
    • remove WBs forever on Crom;
    • slow down the AA gain;
    • lower the PVP XP gain or remove the streak system;
    • remove AoE looting;
    • add the missing mobs back to Khesh., F. of the Dead, and Eigl. Mount.;
    • fix the 250+ms ping;
    • take the key away from Saddur;
    • revert T3, T3.5 (10.21.15), T4 (10.21.15), and GGG changes;
    • remove energy and add skills (like taunt) back.

Quote Originally Posted by Kahlipso View Post
    the point of the thread is.. the hox has their stats spread out over several fields in order to be able to use all of their abilities. WHy dont we just have gear that uses combat rating and intelligence (we are after all mages) instead of strength (pillar, hellstrikes, etc) or intelligence (btd dot, tongue, hellfire breath, chains, etc)
    it seems like you are going after demo/nek gear. There is Hox gear with any combination of strength,combat rating, int, magic dmg(fire) + the usual. I suggest you check out the hox sections of http://aoc.is-better-than.tv/armory.php

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast