Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Thread: No to solo PVP arena! - voice your opinions

Quote Originally Posted by Game director letter Jan 2015
    I recently spoke about the PvP arena. As mentioned on the forums, the design document was mostly discussing things in terms of solo PvP, but with a fair amount of feedback being posted on the forums, we took a look at the design and expanded the scope to include expanded team sizes. The one feature that would drive the expense through the roof would be matchmaking, so teams for the arena will need to be self-organized.
    So, the monthly GD letter said that expanded teams in the PvP arena are being done, but no match-making.
    I guess match-making would be based on rankings. However, if the arena is linked to leader boards, then match-making could be done by players themselves. Would be cool to see teams rise and fall and be challenged by new teams etc.
    Not sure how team rankings would work. I am guessing that leader boards for teams would be linked to the team name and the round wins and losses of that team compared to others, so that the players in a team can be changed. One v one leader boards would work based on kills. (Kill = round win in one v one, but not in larger teams.)
    One v One is not balanced, but is a must especially for a PvP arena, as the old RP-PvP Pit on Aquilonia proved. If a player is able to beat others with a "non-OP" class, then it is a fair display of skill. And it was always fun to watch the tactics that people used one v one especially if the players are good players. (sorry reminiscing there at the end. :-)
    So, good news, in summary, I guess.
    In balance with this life, this death
    -- Hand of Ibis RiP
    Magic is seeing what happens when you hit someone really hard, and when they disappear in a red spray, that's magic.
    -- Jansensen, Gunderman fighter {max taps - RiP}
    CQB Ranger

/signed
    This should not even be developed or spent resources at at all.
    PVP needs new maps and Unchained minigames for some PVP-only players.
    • Remove daily rewards and the raid finder;
    • remove membership bonuses;
    • disable PVE XP for daily challenges;
    • remove WBs forever on Crom;
    • slow down the AA gain;
    • lower the PVP XP gain or remove the streak system;
    • remove AoE looting;
    • add the missing mobs back to Khesh., F. of the Dead, and Eigl. Mount.;
    • fix the 250+ms ping;
    • take the key away from Saddur;
    • revert T3, T3.5 (10.21.15), T4 (10.21.15), and GGG changes;
    • remove energy and add skills (like taunt) back.

No need of unchained minis after gear revamp. It will split this small community even more and we will have no minis at all. Just needed T0 pvp set for fresh meat noobs on 80 thats all. T1pvp is enough to be competitive.

Maybe a silly question, but how do you PvP in a solo game when "solo" - to the best of my knowledge, anyway - means you only have one 'P'?

Quote Originally Posted by ckirmser View Post
    Maybe a silly question, but how do you PvP in a solo game when "solo" - to the best of my knowledge, anyway - means you only have one 'P'?
    Solo PvP only means you are not grouped. You still fight other un-grouped players.

More ways to divide the playerbase.
    Live Twitch Stream - Fury PvP - US East Coast Prime Time - Rated MA

Quote Originally Posted by tapwater View Post
    Solo PvP only means you are not grouped. You still fight other un-grouped players.
    Ah!

So, a free for all. Clobber at will, no allies?

Quote Originally Posted by ckirmser View Post
    Ah!

So, a free for all. Clobber at will, no allies?
    It has been awhile since I read the descriptions of the Solo PvP arena, but my impression is that it will be 1v1.

A huge free for all sounds fun, but I'm not sure that is what they intend.

i still think the arena is a complete waste of time; or at least, theres better ways to spend dev resources.

Quote Originally Posted by camilleboucquill View Post
    i still think the arena is a complete waste of time; or at least, theres better ways to spend dev resources.
    Signed.
    I mean any content is better than none, but still much better things to do pvp wise than 1v1 arena.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456