Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Discuss- Game Director Letter October 2014

Quote Originally Posted by henryabccba View Post
    Still no sub offer news from legendary marketing?
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Quote Originally Posted by ne-X-us View Post
    2Nusquam Can we expect 2x2 3x3 arena with premade?
    The design I have read is for solo. Premades etc require more codework for matchmaking and greater scope. Can be considered for the future.

Sub offers will come before the end of the year. Pretty sure I answered this somewhere else a while back - but the process around them is out of my hands. I've asked sales and marketing to do it, when and how exactly is going to be their call.

Quote Originally Posted by Nusquam View Post
    1. The items will not change. People will have to accept that we don't have the resources to make armor sets in the same capacity that we had 2, 4, 6 years ago.
    2. Yes & yes.
    3. When we get time, but most likely to coincide with Cetriss.
    You really should rethink not changing the T5 armor sets for those classes stuck using variations of other classes armor skins.

It's not like you have to do all of them and patch them in at once, but no reason why you couldn't properly do some of the class's armor 1 at a time every few weeks.

In a few months you'd have all of them done.

Same goes for the T5 weapons using old weapon models, slowly phase them out with newer models.

The design I have read is for solo. Premades etc require more codework for matchmaking and greater scope. Can be considered for the future.

Sub offers will come before the end of the year. Pretty sure I answered this somewhere else a while back - but the process around them is out of my hands. I've asked sales and marketing to do it, when and how exactly is going to be their call.
    I thank you for adding the arena in the game. It's a suggestion that's been echoed in aoc by the crowd for generations since launch. However, there is really no reason to make an arena if you don't let us have the choice of both 1v1-6v6, and ability to group with friends, ie, 2v2, 3v3, 4v4, 5v5, 6v6, all with groups. We have a khemi arena already for 1v1, which means nothing; We have areas in CE/AE etc for duels, which people barely participate in. If you don't offer the choice of grouping with friends in 2v2-6v6, why would anyone duel other than for short term lols? It just won't help.

The mini game system has been poor since it's launch, after the launch of the game. The actual mini games should be looked at and fixed asap, rather than anything else.

Yes, please reconsider your position about unfinished armor models, can take the time you desire/need according to the current projects but it would be really nice if all classes gets their own models (= identity)
    Same for the weapons, there are so much choices in the dbb (old models, crafting models, unused npc models) so you can have better weapons skins than thoses used here !

Apart for that, i'm really hyped for the achievement system \o/

Quote Originally Posted by Mathieulombardi View Post
    I thank you for adding the arena in the game. It's a suggestion that's been echoed in aoc by the crowd for generations since launch. However, there is really no reason to make an arena if you don't let us have the choice of both 1v1-6v6, and ability to group with friends, ie, 2v2, 3v3, 4v4, 5v5, 6v6, all with groups. We have a khemi arena already for 1v1, which means nothing; We have areas in CE/AE etc for duels, which people barely participate in. If you don't offer the choice of grouping with friends in 2v2-6v6, why would anyone duel other than for short term lols? It just won't help.

The mini game system has been poor since it's launch, after the launch of the game. The actual mini games should be looked at and fixed asap, rather than anything else.
    pretty much sums it up.

If the arena is indeed 1v1 then it will be a waste. The difference between that system and arena in Khemi will be what? Betting gold on winner? It will be super easy to predict the winner with the current 1v1 class balance.

Please reconsider.
    Retired

Quote Originally Posted by Slith View Post
    pretty much sums it up.

If the arena is indeed 1v1 then it will be a waste. The difference between that system and arena in Khemi will be what? Betting gold on winner? It will be super easy to predict the winner with the current 1v1 class balance.

Please reconsider.
    Ideal would be 2v2(any/any) 3v3 (1 heavy/1 heal/ 1dps) and 4v4 (1 of each archtype) options.
    I don't make points I make dents.

1. The items will not change. People will have to accept that we don't have the resources to make armor sets in the same capacity that we had 2, 4, 6 years ago.
    I think many would have rather just had the T3 armor recolored vs having the same looking armor for multiple classes.

Makes me worried about how ugly the new PvP gear will be.
    Dorrak / 80 Barb - PvP 8
    Tartug / 80 DT - PvP 8

Yeah, 1vs1 arena is waste of time. Better focus on new AA and new crafting. Noone or 0,001% population of AoC will be using this new arena - sry about this but in your case it's waste of time.

Quote Originally Posted by henryabccba View Post
    Still no sub offer news from legendary marketing?
    rotfl, good point
    Last edited by Agiz; 7th November 2014 at 21:30.
    Circle of Nine member since 20/10/2010
    Age of Conan player since 15/04/2009
    C9 Officer => http://www.c9-gaming.eu/

ToS FTW! Moar, moar power!

Quote Originally Posted by Slith View Post
    pretty much sums it up.

Please reconsider.
    X2, Funcom has a golden opportunity here and a great idea. Please please listen to players when they say that want to play with friends. This needs to have 2v2 3v3 4v 4 as simple as that.
    Usedtissue Necro 10//Emptycan ToS 7//Puggles HoX 6//Ammagaden Guard 5//Trollololo Conq 5//Bottlecap DT 2

PM me to sign the Minigame buddy sign-up petition: (http://forums.ageofconan.com/showthr...40#post2135540)

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast