Thread: Halloween Quest - End Fight - Impossible for Ranger?

Default Halloween Quest - End Fight - Impossible for Ranger?

Just wondering if there are any successful Rangers out there that finished the Halloween quest that can post reasons why you were victorious. I was able to finish with my HOX, barely. I love quests that are hard and challenging, but I can't figure this one out with my Ranger. Once my 2 minute purge is up, the 94% mitigation to my damage is killing me when I'm swarmed by 7+ minions and I can't get back to purge. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Fijbadge View Post
    Just wondering if there are any successful Rangers out there that finished the Halloween quest that can post reasons why you were victorious. I was able to finish with my HOX, barely. I love quests that are hard and challenging, but I can't figure this one out with my Ranger. Once my 2 minute purge is up, the 94% mitigation to my damage is killing me when I'm swarmed by 7+ minions and I can't get back to purge. Thanks!
    if you have the AA crossfire it effectively kills all the minions in a short amount of time. Beyond this use the center dais to kite the minions by going to the opposite side from the stairs and jumping to top level then down again ( makes them run around ) easy way to conserve some health.

Before starting the fight kill a few of the jug holders in a spread out formation, kill a few more later when you get the chance. When you use your urn to get the 2 minute buff, stay put for a second longer to also get the blood surge thingy at the top, this will allow you to use your urn again when it runs out, basically giving you 4 minutes of buff time!

Also if you have an extra spec, get all the CC's you can, including the pitch pots and bombs for a bit extra AOE DPS ( ain't much but it can help )

managing the minions is key to this fight for the ranger.

You can also just group up with a pal or two.

Quote Originally Posted by Stealthius View Post
    Before starting the fight kill a few of the jug holders in a spread out formation, kill a few more later when you get the chance. When you use your urn to get the 2 minute buff, stay put for a second longer to also get the blood surge thingy at the top, this will allow you to use your urn again when it runs out, basically giving you 4 minutes of buff time!
    Crucial to get the buff after you use th

Quote Originally Posted by Stealthius View Post
    Also if you have an extra spec, get all the CC's you can, including the pitch pots and bombs for a bit extra AOE DPS ( ain't much but it can help )

managing the minions is key to this fight for the ranger.
    If you swap spec the debuff will disappear and not appear again until you zone.

Great help, thanks! I didn't know about the extra 2 minutes from blood surge and hopefully I'll be able to get crossfire before the event is over. I think I'm ok on specs, but probably could use some tweaking.

you don't really need crossfire... the most important thing is to keep the red debuff running all the time.

when adds spawn, keep targeting the boss, let them get to you, then move a bit away, to let them gather between you and the boss, then use pen shot. it should kill most of them. after that, switch to sword and shield and finish the remaining ones.
    "in the depths of a mind insane fantasy and reality are the same"

Yawgmoth (Ranger) - Nyxathid (Necro) - Yixlid (HoX) - Kaltas (DT) - Heung (BS) - Teysa (HoX) - Gatzu (Guard) - Krovax (Ranger) - Hurkyl (Barb) - Vedalken (PoM)