Thread: In Combat

Default In Combat

Can some one please tell me why u can remain in combat for up to 10 seconds after combat finishes??

In some fights combat finishes immediately but when u really need to heal quickly because of mobs close at hand u have to wait and sometimes die because of it.

Quote Originally Posted by MisterClean View Post
    DoTs?

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

DoT's leave a buff icon above character until buff finishes

Only DoT's that I can see r the ones on this message!! ......................

Sure some are DoT's and I can see the buff icon. That's pretty obvious ....... just like these dots
    But ........ waiting ten seconds for a heal?? (occasionally) especially when there isnt a buff icon?

Could be buff icon is not coming up every time, I'll try and take a bit more notice

Another example is out of combat for quite a while - 30 sec and have run quite a distance - I stop and try healing and get message "You cannot use this while in combat"
    Last edited by Malfur; 31st October 2014 at 05:00.

Sometimes your own buffs running will keep you in combat, or if you have a nondamage debuff on you (like wreck armor) you won't leave combat til their timers run out.
    I don't make points I make dents.

Quote Originally Posted by Unutterable View Post
    Sometimes your own buffs running will keep you in combat, or if you have a nondamage debuff on you (like wreck armor) you won't leave combat til their timers run out.
    Hadnt looked for my own buffs - dont my buffs show centre top??

thx Unutterable

Quote Originally Posted by Malfur View Post
    Hadnt looked for my own buffs - dont my buffs show centre top??

thx Unutterable
    Yes they show at the top - its more likely going to be a small DoT or debuff that has been placed on you which keeps you in combat.

If you look above you name on your UI this is normally where debuffs/Dots that have been placed on you will show as an icon

1) Wracks, torments, ruins or majority of other non-dmg debuffs showing above your health bar dont keep you in combat

2) Buffs show at the top of your screen dont keep you combat

3) if the target died is kinda irrelevant for in/out combat, what matter is time passed since you did/received dmg, its usually 5-10 seconds before you can use rest ability which means you can be resting even in the middle of the raid fight or when you a chased by a mob, given you dont do/take any dmg.

Also it would be really nice if you would post more info about your char and last entries of your combat log.
    Pogecor - PvP 10 Guardian
    Micinecka - PvP 10 Priest of Mitra
    Pichalka - PvP 10 Assassin