Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Halloween Quest Too Hard?

Quote Originally Posted by Wulfgaarr View Post
    There are 2 aditional quests you pick up in the Khemi island, near the caravans to khitai. I didnt quite understand how they work. Are the "survival" and "kill" quests restricted to PvP servers?
    talk to that priest again then you can zone into the pvp zone
    Henryx Guardian
    Henryau Pom
    Henryz Barb
    Henryuki Hox
    Henryn Necro
    Crom
    - Henryx Age of Conan Youtube -
    - Henryx Age of Conan Blog -

I've done it on bear shaman, demo, necro and hox. So far the easiest run was the t4 demo. Tonight I'll run it with my guardian since that sounds to be harder to see how it goes.

Last night on my bear I tried just killing minions, debuffing and not focusing at all on the main boss until the fat guy showed up. That worked as well as trying to dps the main boss til the fat miniboss was killed for me at least. Might make it easier for melees to just dps the minions, kite around, jump on pillar to break los, keep the debuff off by killing the urn carriers, etc etc.

Now if that darn shark wouldn't kill me when I get on Charon's boat (that was a shock), I'd be in good shape.

You can also do the quest on one char and mail the marks/crates to another if you want the mask on something you can't easily do the quest on.

I know that I'm not doing it with my t1/t2 geared ranger though. Not without an 'I win' button anyway.

lol, reading this thread I wonder how OP DTs are in PvE.

I had no trouble at all, last boss was very easy and it died like a normal npc.

Also, I doubt they are working with more than 2 programmers. They didn't tested the event hard enough and there are several misleading things, specially that huge snake fight that I still haven't figured it out (I killed some mobs, waited behind the pillars and the doors opened, wtf?).
    Well, the event is good and considering the situation, they did a good job. I really enjoyed it, sadly, it's not a good reason enough to give them my money. I guess I can consider it a reward for wasting hundreds of dollars under Silirrion's management, right? =P.

is not actually hard, all dungeons should be like this.
    meh...

So, t5 is too easy and halloween quest is too hard? -> only solution i see is to swap loot tables between them

Quote Originally Posted by Maly View Post
    So, t5 is too easy and halloween quest is too hard? -> only solution i see is to swap loot tables between them
    Heard that lol!!!

But seriously, if people can't complete this on any char then they must be on some sort of no read no think mode. Or just piss drunk or high. whatever...
    Last edited by AngryBarb; 1st November 2014 at 07:50.
    Barb: Thomaran
    Hox1: Mweru
    Dt: Haikuju
    Hox2: Shugorann
    Tos: Nephertites
    Sin: Leogetz
    Necro: Viggomortis
    and others...

"The sky is green. It is because I say it is. And because I said it on the internet."

It's hard? Now, that actually made me log in and check it out.
    Make Hyboria raid again!

Khaletoheps AoC-Youtube-Channel:
    http://www.youtube.com/user/Khaletohep

Guides zu Klassen & allen HM-Solo-Inis:
    http://www.nachtwind-gilde.com/guide...-age-of-conan/

Couple ways to speed this quest up:

If multiple runs, keep the 3 disguise items in inventory for future runs.

At second door ( the one you open with key from the boss) run thru all mobs to the door down the ramp, no need to fight.

After exiting the sewer, find a high spot ( jump up to a ledge ) and wait until the gates open, then run thru the mobs to the final boss area, right side docks where the rez pad is. Die. kill boss.
    *note - good spot to wait is about half way thru map, on left side of a passage is a long stair up to dead end, half way up is a ledge you can jump to- goto far back corner, wait 10 minutes...

As for difficulty level, ranges from easy ( TOS, Necro, Demo ) to very hard ( Gaurd, Ranger ). I have yet figured out how to do this on the Ranger, without a major respec for multiple mobs ( thinking AOE damage ) edit: crossfire does wonders to minions...

Hope this helps.
    Last edited by Stealthius; 3rd November 2014 at 21:07.

Also, you can wear the apprentice stuff as vanity gear: it works just as well and then you can leave it on for multiple runs.

I did it on the guardian: was fine til the final boss, which took me longest to kill of the characters I used in there (hox, bear, demo, tos, necro).

Preferentially I would use the demo in there with waves of flame.

I used t3 gear on guardian, neutral stance, t4 polearm. Still was harder than hox or bear but I did one shot it.

And if you haven't done it yet, jump in water and swim on top. The shark animation is wicked.

p.s. the tiger and the oversized archer are not bugged, I'm sure they made them nonattackable as part of the event. The tiger doesn't do any damage to my demo and the archer is rough but the only thing back there to fight is a couple of npcs so you can easily do the rest of the mobs without getting the archer

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast