Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Halloween Quest Too Hard?

Quote Originally Posted by Bibik View Post
    Green is active (-150% mitigation)
    Red is dormant (temp. normal mitigation)
    So unless you're a soldier, some parts are quite tricky if you don't manage enough your urns
    I get 4 seconds red buff called 'purge' when using my urn. After that I get a 2min red buff that also has -150%.

I admit the debuff tooltip is really misleading, but the -150% mitigation is not active when it's red.
    Quest would be insanely hard if you have to survive with negative value all the duration

Quote Originally Posted by Bibik View Post
    I admit the debuff tooltip is really misleading, but the -150% mitigation is not active when it's red.
    Quest would be insanely hard if you have to survive with negative value all the duration
    That's hard mode, btw...but you don't get a lollipop at the end.

I don't think its hard at all, but that being said, tons of folks just can't figure out to get the bad buff off and go to dormant buff. I agree the 600 seconds is forever! lol

What buff? I just sailed through there on both Hox and Demo..

Quote Originally Posted by Shax84 View Post
    What buff? I just sailed through there on both Hox and Demo..
    That is the problem. With some classes and gears you barely notice that it could even be dangerous or there is a debuff. WHile on others (especially on low level or undergeared chars who lack aoe or ccs) it is a pain and very frustrating.

Especially the unforgiving final boss fight and the enforced resetting on death 10 minute survival fight. It should not reset all progress or the whole timer on death. Then make the final boss fight shorter by letting him heal up less and you probably solved this issue.

The debuff itself is dealable, since it can be deactivated quite easily for 2 minutes (though the urn casting time is a bit long when you try it in emergency) and there are apprentices for that spawning a lot. A shame the engine does not allow for setting fixed values or enforces power/vanity gear temporarily. Imagine this solo part when you actually would have lost all your armor and needed to kill the first priest only with a club (finding a weapon cache then (for fighters) and getting rid of that silence spell (for mages)).

Basically as with isle of the grey ape, there should not be differences in "run through" times ranging from 15 mins to 2+ hours, depending on class.
    Last edited by Kurt2013; 31st October 2014 at 05:59.

Three tips for doing this quest without problems.

1. Break line of sight on casters so they come hug you. Then CC.
    2. Add health, by using constitution accessories.
    3. Don't be stupid, careful pulling and to survive is the key, not to rush in and nuke.

Quote Originally Posted by Kurt2013 View Post
    Basically as with isle of the grey ape, there should not be differences in "run through" times ranging from 15 mins to 2+ hours, depending on class.
    Thats a whole different discussion, but if someone is spending 2 hours on any class on Isle of Iron Statues, they better be doing something else before they start on that place. On a complete clear (farming status) with the normal path and the trapping boss, it would be normal with 15 minutes on most classes except Guardian and Ranger. I have seen videos of it done in 5 minutes, while most runs are around 8-10 minutes.

keeping that debuf dormant and keeping all the time blood charge on you all the time makes it fairly easy to do.
    I've done it on bs, barb, sin, hox, pom, necro, dt, guard and lvl 50 some tos. Only pvp gear on chars, with some blue on few that are pvp2 and 3.
    Only thing that was bit hard was last boss on sin, but when i use better positioning to kill adds it was much easier

Default 2 aditional quests

There are 2 aditional quests you pick up in the Khemi island, near the caravans to khitai. I didnt quite understand how they work. Are the "survival" and "kill" quests restricted to PvP servers?

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast