Thread: Raid and 6 Man Planner

Lightbulb Raid and 6 Man Planner

Hi Folks!
    Something came up in our guild forums one day. It seems that in today's AoC guilds, Raid Leaders and 6 Man Organizers are having a hard time getting people to join. This leads to pugging which is great but it takes awhile. And we all know a raid leader loves to have everyone there ready to go or at least have a standby list he can access if he runs short of folks.
    The following Forums thread was posted on our site:

http://forums.ageofconan.com/showthr...ic-of-the-past

I Saw this thread and it got me thinking it would be nice if there was one Website where Guild Leaders,Raid Leader, 6 man Organizers and players can schedule an event of their choosing with a sign up sheet that also lists standbys. If it got a lot of interest you could get two raids out of one sign up, this could work for all time zones. Again one website maybe with the a group of guild leaders or raid leaders directing folks to it with their own guild sites. If a raid leader wants to make a raid and posts on it a specific time, guild leaders note it and mention to guilds to take notice. Maybe even have a list of Raid Leaders or 6 Man Organizers and what they like to lead for folks to contact and setup and schedule events. Networking, its great!
    Does Funcom have anything like this? Is that what the forums are for? Well if so it isnt working, They may not even care, but if we wait for them we will be old and grey (close to it now) and AoC dead (Close to it too?).

I googled it and the only thing I came up with was http://crompugs.guildlaunch.com/

So I figured I would put this out there as a brainstorming session and see what it drums up. What does the AoC community think of this? Does anyone know of any sites like this to be accessed? Does anyone know how to do this? I have worked on sites but have no knowledge on design, just the questions and ideas. What do you folks think?
    Last edited by peters4good; 25th October 2014 at 19:00.

Quote Originally Posted by peters4good View Post
    Hi Folks!
    Something came up in our guild forums one day. It seems that in today's AoC guilds, Raid Leaders and 6 Man Organizers are having a hard time getting people to join. This leads to pugging which is great but it takes awhile. And we all know a raid leader loves to have everyone there ready to go or at least have a standby list he can access if he runs short of folks.
    The following thread was posted on our site:

http://forums.ageofconan.com/showthr...ic-of-the-past

I Saw this thread and it got me thinking it would be nice if there was one Website where Guild Leaders,Raid Leader, 6 man Organizers and players can schedule an event of their choosing with a sign up sheet that also lists standbys. If it got a lot of interest you could get two raids out of one sign up, this could work for all time zones. Again one website maybe with the a group of guild leaders or raid leaders directing folks to it with their own guild sites. If a raid leader wants to make a raid and posts on it a specific time, guild leaders note it and mention to guilds to take notice. Maybe even have a list of Raid Leaders or 6 Man Organizers and what they like to lead for folks to contact and setup and schedule events. Networking, its great!
    Does Funcom have anything like this? Is that what the forums are for? Well if so it isnt working, They may not even care, but if we wait for them we will be old and grey (close to it now) and AoC dead (Close to it too?).

I googled it and the only thing I came up with was http://crompugs.guildlaunch.com/

So I figured I would put this out there as a brainstorming session and see what it drums up. What does the AoC community think of this? Does anyone know of any sites like this to be accessed? Does anyone know how to do this? I have worked on sites but have no knowledge on design, just the questions and ideas. What do you folks think?
    You're absolutely right on all accounts and a raidplanner +6man planner would help a ton in organizing what is now a chaotic grab bag with the end result being no raiding or failed raiding which leads to people leaving. But Funcom refuses to do something this simple(it's not; I code for a living and if the game is so badly programmed to bar even adding in what is effectively a basic spreadsheet that many people can access then...wow).

If you ever come up with something let me know. I'm almost to the point where I can do these 6 mans and raids. I'm not looking forward to the process of finding a group to play with.
    Skimino -- Stygian, Tempest of Set -- PvP