Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Demo vs DT

Default Demo vs DT

I cant seem to kill a DT due to the retribution damage the DT does to me. Even if the DT is afk, I almost kill myself before he dies. What can I do to counter that?

Try without incinerate dot, you will lack damage though most likely. Anyway I would parse and analyze how big part is that retributive, I doubt it's that crucial how you describe.

I did a small test along with a guildmate for this.

If the DT is in Covenant of Invulnerability, that will deal damage to you 100% of the time you hit him with a spell. Considering the actions per minute on a Demo feated with Intense Heat and Incinerate, which is around 100 give or take, you'll take 100 hits from that only, during a minute of play. You can seriously limit this number of actions, actually more than half, if you drop Intense Heat and Incinerate. It does not have a lot of damage contribution anyway, but is the damage over time effects which will keep the DT from regenerating with help from his OOC regeneration (more than 5 sec). The damage from Covenant of Invulnerability is 60 per hit. Covenant of Invulnerability also drains your mana for each stack of Invulnerable Soul you take by hitting him with spells.

Your Incinerate (1) hits Zoeridemo for 60 shield damage.
    Zoeridemo's Incinerate (1) hits you for 6 fire damage.
    Your Intense Heat hits Zoeridemo for 60 shield damage.
    Zoeridemo's Intense Heat hits you for 10 fire damage.

This is bad business for the Demonologist.

If the DT has Curse of Gwahlur, that will deal damage to you 33% of the time you hit him, and stacks up to 3, which last for 13 seconds, doing damage every 2 seconds. This dot will make you unable to use OOC regenerations.

Counterstrike and Anticipation only works for physical hits.

The added fact that a geared DT in PvP will have more than 60% protection plus Soul Barrier and also Hex Marked Soul, and 15k health, solid advice is do not duel the DT.

Quote Originally Posted by Shax84 View Post

The added fact that a geared DT in PvP will have more than 60% protection plus Soul Barrier and also Hex Marked Soul, and 15k health, solid advice is do not duel the DT.
    Thanks a lot for your efforts mate! However I am a bit disapointed to hear that there is no way to really counter it, except for respeccing into less dps. I will give it a try though, especially since u say the damaga add on is not great.

Again, thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by -Deukalion- View Post
    Thanks a lot for your efforts mate! However I am a bit disapointed to hear that there is no way to really counter it, except for respeccing into less dps. I will give it a try though, especially since u say the damaga add on is not great.

Again, thanks.
    Particular classes has it easier vs other particular classes. Some are doomed to fail and should be avoided. The DT trumps most cloth classes in current state, but catch him with a knockback when he is in frenzy and you will take a chunk off his health. After removal of +25% magic damage modifier on Frenzy stance, I guess most DT's don't bother with Frenzy stance at all after this change.

Also which covenant the DT runs has a lot to say about how you could approach him.

Covenant of Invulnerability: fixed amount of retributive damage on every hit done by spells.
    Covenant of Pestilence: 15% chance of retributive aoe damage on physical hits.
    Covenant of Arms: 7 procs per minute of added damage from the DT's own offensive hits.

Please note that I am not an experienced PvP'er, so my answers are purely theoretical except from what is written in tooltips in game and what I tested myself in the past post.

Quote Originally Posted by Shax84 View Post
    Particular classes has it easier vs other particular classes. Some are doomed to fail and should be avoided. The DT trumps most cloth classes in current state, but catch him with a knockback when he is in frenzy and you will take a chunk off his health. After removal of +25% magic damage modifier on Frenzy stance, I guess most DT's don't bother with Frenzy stance at all after this change.

Also which covenant the DT runs has a lot to say about how you could approach him.

Covenant of Invulnerability: fixed amount of retributive damage on every hit done by spells.
    Covenant of Pestilence: 15% chance of retributive aoe damage on physical hits.
    Covenant of Arms: 7 procs per minute of added damage from the DT's own offensive hits.

Please note that I am not an experienced PvP'er, so my answers are purely theoretical except from what is written in tooltips in game and what I tested myself in the past post.
    Thanks again for your reply. Is it possible to see which covenant the dt is running?

I cant seem to kill a DT due to the retribution damage the DT does to me. Even if the DT is afk, I almost kill myself before he dies. What can I do to counter that?
    Unfortunately as a Demo, a DT with CoI and max protection just isn't an option to attack. The amount of mana drain and retributive dmg they impose on you is outragous, and that doesn't even include them attacking you! Best to avoid any situations where you might encounter them and leave the messy work to mele while you kill targets that can be killed.

Thanks again for your reply. Is it possible to see which covenant the dt is running?
    Yes with some custom UI or tweaked funcom one you can see all bufs on your opponent. Usually dt run either coi or coa and they are pretty easy to spot.

You have some chances as a Demo tbh......it depends on your build and on your kiting skills, but its true you cant beat really skilled DT (there are not many of them tho)

Quote Originally Posted by 89ideaz89 View Post
    You have some chances as a Demo tbh......it depends on your build and on your kiting skills, but its true you cant beat really skilled DT (there are not many of them tho)
    I'd like to see that, sounds like fantasy.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast