Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: barbarian speed buff needs revamp

Quote Originally Posted by MagnusLL View Post
    That's not a berserker, that's a reaver hybrid build and it's only good for trolling lowbies. And the combined cooldowns on all those abilities means you'd only be able to achieve those numbers once every blue moon. By contrast, my numbers come from the average result of a realistic build over the span of several minis.

Long story short: Decap hits for 2k average. You can achieve 4.5k hits using a troll build in rare circumstances where you're expressly gimping yourself most of the time by not using your CDs to save them and use them all at once when you come in contact with a pvp level zero clothie just so you can come and claim on forums "Decap hits for 4.5k, NERF!", but in actual average pvp game flow the claim is completely false.
    Incorrect

Its a Zerker build w/ reaver You only take reaver to haste and haste is 10 sec of 20% movement and +80% weapon dps... 1 min CD ... THIS is not rare dps

-.- This insane dps+speed every 60 seconds. So rare -.- /sarcasm_off. And you can premade that spec, with success.
    Funcom's Latency Detonation crits you for 4800 millisecond damage. Claret died.

For a class with a terrible dps/survivability ratio which also happens to be a melee squishie, nerfing AM means turning it into a free kill. It's as simple as that.
    After reading this, I no longer have words to speak. That, is by far, the most incorrect thing I have read on the forums. Well, at least since people called DT squishie ...

Barbarian has pretty much the highest dps to survival when played properly. It's up there with the soldiers. This is coming from a barb ffs.
    Funcom's Latency Detonation crits you for 4800 millisecond damage. Claret died.

Yep, earlier I said I haven't played enough since the changes to comment on Barbs balance. I can confidently say now I have, and my conclusion is they are absolutely ridiculous. You are just lying to yourself if you think zerker barb is not over the top these days. An absurd level of damage, constant 24/7 speed buff, ATG + Decap just absurd, great CC's that all do damage, unstoppable 35% tank mode, and CC breaks/resists.
    Usedtissue Necro 10//Emptycan ToS 7//Puggles HoX 6//Ammagaden Guard 5//Trollololo Conq 5//Bottlecap DT 2

PM me to sign the Minigame buddy sign-up petition: (http://forums.ageofconan.com/showthr...40#post2135540)

Quote Originally Posted by Surgery View Post
    After reading this, I no longer have words to speak. That, is by far, the most incorrect thing I have read on the forums. Well, at least since people called DT squishie ...

Barbarian has pretty much the highest dps to survival when played properly. It's up there with the soldiers. This is coming from a barb ffs.
    Indeedโ˜บ claret is by far one of the best barbs on fury! He knows his caseโ˜บ and thereby case closed ๐Ÿ˜ˆ
    Crom:
    Kraamz dt pvp10
    Kramzor hox pvp10
    Quickdash guard pvp7
    Kramzz bs pvp5

Fury:
    Pressostate conq pvp5
    ++++

AFK into the unknown =/

Quote Originally Posted by Usedtissue View Post
    Yep, earlier I said I haven't played enough since the changes to comment on Barbs balance. I can confidently say now I have, and my conclusion is they are absolutely ridiculous. You are just lying to yourself if you think zerker barb is not over the top these days. An absurd level of damage, constant 24/7 speed buff, ATG + Decap just absurd, great CC's that all do damage, unstoppable 35% tank mode, and CC breaks/resists.
    Yes it just lol now.
    Beside hox barb was my favorite class. Its still very fun when played as regular zerker with or without ATG, even hybrid is fun. But when specced for decap and atg it can just be so ridiculous if played smart. Damn, burst can be so high to 1 shot clothies or even light and medium with lucky crit or be very close. Even speccing for haste is viable. every 1 min you have 80% weapon dmg and every 1:30 you have eyes of madness. Rest of buffs are bit longer cd but still usable for some great burst. in theory you can come close to 500% weapon dmg, its not really probable but still you can get pretty high weapon dmg if used everything at right time.

Amazing how of all those who are trolling to nerf barb not one of them has barb as his main.

Zerker barb "absurd level of damage"... lol, just lol. It's one of the specs with the absolute lowest burst in the game. Just the fact everybody here is mentioning Decap + ATG fully buffed on hybrid specs to achieve a squishie kill should already speak volumes. Here's a hint for you: most other classes can as a matter of fact burst squishies down faster and without needing to commit the whole build and the gold perk to it.

"Amazing survivability"... funny I wrote the numbers in a previous post and nobody bothered to reply with contrary FACTUAL DATA. Obviously, again, the ultra amazing 1.2k of additional effective hp which Unstoppable is worth magically turn a guy with 30% mitigation into something more resilient than a tank. Ah but I forget... the "amazing survivability" also needs to take into account the ultra-OP AM ability which allows the barb to RUN FOR HIS LIFE WHILE DOING ZERO DPS. But who needs it anyway? Everybody knows you can magically use Decap + ATG even while you're 100 meters away to insta-kill the whole enemy team of 6 tanks in defensive...

Amazing how of all those who are trolling to nerf barb not one of them has barb as his main.

Zerker barb "absurd level of damage"... lol, just lol. It's one of the specs with the absolute lowest burst in the game. Just the fact everybody here is mentioning Decap + ATG fully buffed on hybrid specs to achieve a squishie kill should already speak volumes. Here's a hint for you: most other classes can as a matter of fact burst squishies down faster and without needing to commit the whole build and the gold perk to it.

"Amazing survivability"... funny I wrote the numbers in a previous post and nobody bothered to reply with contrary FACTUAL DATA. Obviously, again, the ultra amazing 1.2k of additional effective hp which Unstoppable is worth magically turn a guy with 30% mitigation into something more resilient than a tank. Ah but I forget... the "amazing survivability" also needs to take into account the ultra-OP AM ability which allows the barb to RUN FOR HIS LIFE WHILE DOING ZERO DPS. But who needs it anyway? Everybody knows you can magically use Decap + ATG even while you're 100 meters away to insta-kill the whole enemy team of 6 tanks in defensive...
    ๐Ÿ˜‹๐Ÿ˜‹๐Ÿ˜‹๐Ÿ˜‹๐Ÿ˜‹๐Ÿ˜‹๐Ÿ˜‹๐Ÿ˜‹๐Ÿ˜‹๐Ÿ˜‹๐Ÿ˜‹๐Ÿ˜‹
    Crom:
    Kraamz dt pvp10
    Kramzor hox pvp10
    Quickdash guard pvp7
    Kramzz bs pvp5

Fury:
    Pressostate conq pvp5
    ++++

AFK into the unknown =/

I've been playing mostly barb these days, too lasy to play anything else and Surgery and Usedtissue are right.

The problem is that now if you play zerker you have it all. Devastation gives a great crit boost, only wearing PvP T1 gear i reach 26% crit chance. Statisticly while using a ATG + Decap spec you have 50% chance of having at one crit out of these two spell. The burst damage is huge even without bothering to go higher than charge in reaver. But still, even without an ATG + Decap set up the dps in zerker is more than decent. The damage of upheavel is pretty awesome.

Now you'll tell me it's a slow combo, can be interrupted easily, forces you to be static, etc... but that's taking things apart, it's like saying guards CW is crap because the animation is so long, it's true but they also have insane passive CC immunities so it's not that easy to interrupt if you're not a Hox and they can afford immobility. Well with barb it's pretty much the same. With a zerker build you can afford to get all anti-cc from general, making it that much harder to interrupt a barb. Thanks to AM and 2H reach it's also tricky to kite a good barb. With BR stance, unless you manage to burst down a barb which because of the previously mentionned anti-cc and AM can prove difficult, the barb will be increasingly difficult to kill. Unstoppable is great but it procs generally around the time the barb has around 10 BR stance and starts getting self-healing a lot.

Besides, regarding AM, you seem to only consider it as a running away tool. The main perk of having it 24/7 is it prevents every melee from doing sustained DPS on you and makes LoS breaking much easier.

I can say without false modesty i'm not very good on barb, especially compared to Surgery's barb. Then again while playing it i can't really think of any real anti-class. Rangers struggle to flee, sins get two shotted, even BS thanks to TW are manageable in duels other healers are easier to kill, mage wise the one i fear the most is hox.. that is saying something. Tanks ? They aren't really instantaneous threats, easy to out run. only PvP 5 weaing mostly T1 gear, T1 pvp weapon in hand and still... it's a slaughter in minis.
    Vali~The Mental Mushroom
    Vehl~The Pink Flamingo
    Vahlie~Redhead's bane
    Tisane~Kettle of Xotli
    Nvah~ . . .

I still prefer playing hybrid with mainly using DW. I love the burst and still survive just fine.

I think playing full zerker with Decap + ATG is complete noob spec. I have not used them for years, and probably never will again.

Just nerf Decap and ATG and leave everything else alone please.
    Dorrak / 80 Barb - PvP 8
    Tartug / 80 DT - PvP 8

You use that argument a lot but you should really stop because you're just making a fool of yourself. Pretty sure viroku's main is a barb for example and people like Surgery or me have played barb in pvp extensively, premades included.

On the other hand it's obvious from your posts that you lack experience from the point of view of OTHER classes. Both regarding burst damage and survivability you very obviously know very little about other classes. Zerker is anything but squishy. And the burst zerker has now is way higher than most classes with just two buttons, not even combos!

I didn't feel bad for using ATG in a zerker spec before but now I do because with the +10% crit chance it's just ridiculous. I haven't even bothered to make a decap spec yet not only because I don't like the idea of playing such a cheesy spec, but also because with ATG alone I already destroy pvp 10 clothies in one KB...
    Expert Shield of the Risen opener.