Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: barbarian speed buff needs revamp

Quote Originally Posted by Sarcopthes View Post
    have pvp 8.9 shammie and pvp 10 barb, shammie is definately not more difficult than barb. I havent seen a barb who would be really OP over other classes since played vs Chigo in comboskipping era. Actually most of barbs are trash.
    Oh trash barbs eh ? ;P
    Funcom's Latency Detonation crits you for 4800 millisecond damage. Claret died.

Quote Originally Posted by MagnusLL View Post
    You must have a special version of Decap, mine fully feated nets an average hit of 2k hit points over several minis when done on actual players (average between crits and non crits, critting at approx. 50% so it's obvious the combo has either an hidden %crit bonus or a flat %crit chance independent of the normal crit chance of the toon).

Decap was a waste of points, now it's actually worth it (despite the cost of 10 feat points to go down that line). Eyes of madness gives a nice buff against tin cans which the barbs sorely needed, especially given the way of stacking the physical wrack which is basically unusable in PvP (by the time you're done using 4 WA combos, including the low dps ranks 1 and 2, the soldier has killed you).

I don't even slot ATG, but those who do are leaving behind WW (now more critical than before if you're skipping Atrocity for the new Devastation) and Upheaval in exchange for a slightly increased burst once every 30 seconds. Considering 2/3 of the other classes can do higher bursts without having to wait the 30 seconds in between, I fail to see how this is supposed to make the barbs OP.

As for the general whining in this thread about Arcane Marauder: please tell me exactly how much damage the barb is doing while running outside of melee range from you. Also tell me how exactly this is going to avoid any kind of ranged damage (barring special cases like a terrain element breaking los or stuff like that).

I'll repeat it for the billionth time: give my barb the same dps/survivability ratio that conquerors have, and then you can remove my AM.
    I'm looking forward at reading the whines after something like that happens...
    Regularly hitting 4.5+ k on decaps rofl
    Had a 4.5 decap and a 4 k atg.

PvP 9 only armour with T4 blunt. 2M2C, Haste, Eyes, T4B, RH.... KABOOM

Troll as **** the Haste specced zerker xD

Hits absurdely high if you getting 2k out of decap you're doing it wrong
    Funcom's Latency Detonation crits you for 4800 millisecond damage. Claret died.

Quote Originally Posted by Surgery View Post

Hits absurdely high if you getting 2k out of decap you're doing it wrong
    I dont doubt numbers like this are possible but that build is very strange, maybe its fun to troll few minis with it though. Damn you can get very high weapon dmg with this and with some team mate buf
    Dont play decap build but i might give this a try few minis just for kicks. If only eyes is not that short lasting.

Quote Originally Posted by MagnusLL View Post
    As for the general whining in this thread about Arcane Marauder: please tell me exactly how much damage the barb is doing while running outside of melee range from you. Also tell me how exactly this is going to avoid any kind of ranged damage (barring special cases like a terrain element breaking los or stuff like that).
    Because no other class minus sin w/ accelerate has such an easy way to disengage if things don't go as planned. They are able to light-speed out of a situation that would kill any other non-heavy class while taking very little to no damage w/ unstoppable. This leads to lazy gameplay which doesn't reward those who play smart and conservative. Zerker barb is an insanely forgivable class with almost no penalties for misjudging a situation. I'm fine with it as an offensive tool but I believe there should be some fix to when it procs or how it procs (I.E currently: barb hits mage with mage shield -> mage shield hits back for 5-10 damage -> barb now has arcane marauder/lightspeed) To me that shouts broken
    Last edited by Usedtissue; 6th November 2014 at 05:24.
    Usedtissue Necro 10//Emptycan ToS 7//Puggles HoX 6//Ammagaden Guard 5//Trollololo Conq 5//Bottlecap DT 2

PM me to sign the Minigame buddy sign-up petition: (http://forums.ageofconan.com/showthr...40#post2135540)

so what if the barb runs away? why is this so bad for u? only reason i can see is that people are annoyed because that made them get one less kill. I wouldnt say running away is overpowered.

But it IS. It is not okay when someone is harder to kill than damn tanks because he can just flee away.

if he flees it just means u won. its almost just as good as him being dead. he is gone either way.

So you spec something like 51-22-6?
    Doesn't that make you a little susceptable to CC? I tried those points on a planner and it looks like it's really good for the LOLs@crits, but would you actually recommend this build for using?

Quote Originally Posted by Tyyr View Post
    if he flees it just means u won. its almost just as good as him being dead. he is gone either way.
    The point is that it's rewarding cowardice a bit too much and too easy, I guess that's the point the others tried to make.
    The Noob Comic, best parody on MMO-gaming ever. Funcom featured @Page 318
    Gone with the blastwave For those special post-nuclear moments...
    Apprentice Shield of the Risen opener

Oh trash barbs eh ? ;P
    most of nowadays barb are pretty much useless, there are only a few really good ones (prolly we would name same ppl so no point) but none are really owning everyone, and havent seen one being gamechanger in premades like good tanks can be what is the most important OPness factor. Personally many times I have been topping kills in premades in the past when being more active but it was when we were owning other team or in balanced games, when we were owned I couldnt shine, I was pretty much farmed, while tanks were the ones (and good teamplay would be the biggest factor obviously) carrying team on their back for most of the time (talking about last 2 years of aoc now only)
    SO barb OPNess is kinda overrated imo , taking away AM from barb is just going to make class boring, especially keeping in mind that most of decent barbs use AM not to escape only but too attack, dont agree?
    Sarcopthes- main, retired barb
    Rugewit - young beast, bs

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast