Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: barbarian speed buff needs revamp

maybe add some cd before it can proc again.....it needs to be fixed imo or give barbs some kind of run speed buff for short time with cd so they can activate it when they need it and not some random procs.

Quote Originally Posted by prollet00 View Post
    maybe add some cd before it can proc again.....it needs to be fixed imo or give barbs some kind of run speed buff for short time with cd so they can activate it when they need it and not some random procs.
    agree.

hast = 20% speed buff for 10 sec
    AM = 25% speed buff almost all the time (see a difference?)
    Sin = 45% speed buff for 15 sec (with cool down, not all the time)

I think melee dps classes need some sort of buff to keep from taking their insane damage on themselves.

Here is a way better idea; how about it immediately removes all stagger effects?
    Too easy, think your good? Try a reaver stance barb.

Quote Originally Posted by Kurt2013 View Post
    Also shows how messed up Arcane marauder is. The whole thing of "we need this one or two OP stuff to keep competitive" argumentation has ruined the class balance from the start and keeps people from fixing things that are otherwise inbalanced and broken.

Same with ranger traps and VoM: Sure, ranger and DT would be a lot less powerfull and annoying without it...but shouldn't this be a clue to fix things and start making these classes (and barb) fun and balanced to play without relying on that one or two class specific features??? There simply should NEVER be such a powergap in between chars of the same class and gear, just because they have a specific build, unless you spec total crap. But a dps, survival and hybrid build should always be valid to play (with pros and cons) and one specialization should never allow for max output in all the three areas (as with some ranger builds for example).

In general concerning the whole bunch of speedbuffs, funcom needs to do some verification checks:
    - on what value does the buff base the +% modifier?
    - does it add speedbuff to animations?
    - how does it stack? (check point 1 here too)
    - does it do what the description says? (in case of arcane marauder)
    - from what resulting speed does our netcode and synchronizing suffer? e.g. how much speed can our engine handle?

There are some that were fishy in the past for sure.
    Totally agree with you.
    In other words why should funcom give us choices (feat tree) when they are already made for us (some choices are better than others hands down, all the time, not optional, proven via average KDRs of good players time and time again)
    Too easy, think your good? Try a reaver stance barb.

Quote Originally Posted by throughthedoor View Post
    I think melee dps classes need some sort of buff to keep from taking their insane damage on themselves.
    The barb one is called "bloodrage stance".
    The Noob Comic, best parody on MMO-gaming ever. Funcom featured @Page 318
    Gone with the blastwave For those special post-nuclear moments...
    Apprentice Shield of the Risen opener

Quote Originally Posted by Kurt2013 View Post
    There simply should NEVER be such a powergap in between chars of the same class and gear, just because they have a specific build, unless you spec total crap. But a dps, survival and hybrid build should always be valid to play (with pros and cons) and one specialization should never allow for max output in all the three areas (as with some ranger builds for example).
    Agreed x 3. I really despise rangers. It's a broken class (broken in the right way for those who play it.) It has been that way for a long time. There should be at least an approximate balance between classes in PvP. How does a class with the best range in the game also have the most (and most effective) CC's, CC breaks, and CC resists? The barb who runs around at twice the speed of anyone else, full-time, and warps all over your screen without even using combo jumps, is complete bullsht too.

My shammy has the slowest and weakest combos of any melee class, and no speed buffs of any kind. I've had to resort to learning how to use jump combos (which I fcking hate doing with my old fingers) just to stay alive long enough to stay competitive.

FC nearly gave the poor, lame ToS some real love with the last big PvP patch, with a speed boost that had a moderate cool-down, but then said "Nahhhh, we were just pulling your leg, go to hell hahaha!" This was something that was needed for a class that is one of the few left in the game that is hugely team dependent for both survival and gaining kills. This is in an MMO where PuG PvP is the norm and no one gives a crap about you or your squishy, easy-to-chase-down class, even though a ToS with good team support most often = win. The current state of the ToS was made for an era in AoC when teams were typically premade (to at least some extent) and a ToS player knew he'd have some good team support.

I understand that some classes are supposed to be more challenging to play than others. Even so, why do some classes have more tools (to survive and gain kills) than they need, while other classes are expected to just take one for the team? Isn't that a tank's job, anyway?
    "Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can be impolite without having their skulls split, as a general thing." --Robert E. Howard

Quote Originally Posted by finnius1 View Post

My shammy has the slowest and weakest combos of any melee class, and no speed buffs of any kind. I've had to resort to learning how to use jump combos (which I fcking hate doing with my old fingers) just to stay alive long enough to stay competitive.
    have pvp 8.9 shammie and pvp 10 barb, shammie is definately not more difficult than barb. I havent seen a barb who would be really OP over other classes since played vs Chigo in comboskipping era. Actually most of barbs are trash.
    Sarcopthes- main, retired barb
    Rugewit - young beast, bs

I'll be honest my zerker barb with ATG (but no decap in my spec) reminds me of OP bloody vengeance guard back in the days. Run around at full speed constantly and nearly instagib any clothie in 1 one KB every 30s while being pretty damn hard to take down (through health regen, decent mitigation and unstoppable buff when you get low hp).

Still we only have 2 types of CCs and with hoxes' new KB resist here goes at least one class that can't complain about us
    Expert Shield of the Risen opener.

Quote Originally Posted by throughthedoor View Post
    agree.

hast = 20% speed buff for 10 sec
    AM = 25% speed buff almost all the time (see a difference?)
    Sin = 45% speed buff for 15 sec (with cool down, not all the time)

Here is a way better idea; how about it immediately removes all stagger effects?
    You cannot compare Haste and Arcane Marauder.

Haste 10 seconds on 50 seconds off with +20% movement and +80% weapon dps ONE FEAT POINT

Arcane Marauder chance based due to getting crit, FIVE FEAT POINTS zero damage buff.

Completely different feats.
    Funcom's Latency Detonation crits you for 4800 millisecond damage. Claret died.

Quote Originally Posted by Usedtissue View Post
    I won't comment on the overall balance of barbs, but I will say playing lighter classes (for me Necro, Tos, Hox) barb speed buff and some associated abilities are pretty absurd. No doubt it is a well needed survival skill; I don't disagree there. But it seems to proc at anything, sometimes not even magic based attacks. For instance, Barb hits necro with runed flesh on, that hits barb with magic damage and it will proc even though the barb didn't even get hit by a real spell. This is compounded by some pretty insane instant damage skills and CC breaks/resists.

Let me use this as an example: Yesterday I was playing my PVP 6 TOS in LT. Me and a PVP 6 (Not going to name who but he is id say average/above average skilled) barb found each other in a 1v1. He was able to run at me at one million miles per hour, the first white hit staggered me, ATG, Decap I think and fatalitied me from 45% within ~3-4 seconds of engagement. Here is a list of CC's that he resisted: Interrupt, snare from interrupt, Fangs, stun, and root. Afterwards he was able to escape my group at a faster rate of speed than any other class in the game. Being staggered from the start, having all CC's resisted, and being fatalied from 45% leads me to believe that literally no one in my position could have possibly won that engagement. No doubt balance is in the eyes of the user, but as a light armor user it is extremely frustrating being put in situations where there's literally nothing I can do as a player to win.

*Disclaimer obviously this was just a specific engagement so I'm not saying EVERY engagement is like that etc.*
    Your encounter lasted 4-5 seconds, so if said barb had popped liberation (OR ANY OTHER CLASS ANTI CC FROM AA!) any person would have resisted every one of those cc in 3-4 seconds.

Also there are other classes that can nuke a tos from 45% to 0% faster than 4-5 seconds...

I DO agree though that the changes to decap were not warrented, nor wanted as far as I'm concerned. But it's still weaker than 5 k Pen Shots crits I get on my 32% armour barb with 4 k non crit

For Reference I didn't die on either so no overkill dps and it was at the start of an engagement on pvp 9 barb 32% armour:
    Ersakkis's Penetrating Shot V critically pierces you for 5207.
    Ersakkis's Penetrating Shot V hit you for 3965 piercing damage.

Also DWW + GB from a sin together net more damage and done in the same time doing both.

That said, barb didn't need a change to decapitation it already did good enough damage (3.6k with equivalent crit now 3.9k both on un-debuffed strawman before and after changes).
    Eyes of madness should have been longer and not so drastically powerful, decap shoulda been left alone.

The best thing I loved about sin and barb was the fact that they were super rewarding and it correlated with skill.
    If you were bad you were bad, if you were quality you owned.
    Now you just get eyes+decap+atg - it's gone past the threshold of cheesey.

This thread was made by a jealous macro+4_end_feat_oneshot_abilities barb that hits his CD's lands an upheaval and runs for the hills... About barbs speed boost. Which he compares a proc 5 feat speed boost to a single feat speed AND HUGE damage buff which is activated exactly when required on short CD so...
    Funcom's Latency Detonation crits you for 4800 millisecond damage. Claret died.

Quote Originally Posted by Surgery View Post
    That said, barb didn't need a change to decapitation it already did good enough damage (3.6k with equivalent crit now 3.9k both on un-debuffed strawman before and after changes).
    You must have a special version of Decap, mine fully feated nets an average hit of 2k hit points over several minis when done on actual players (average between crits and non crits, critting at approx. 50% so it's obvious the combo has either an hidden %crit bonus or a flat %crit chance independent of the normal crit chance of the toon).

Quote Originally Posted by Surgery View Post
    Eyes of madness should have been longer and not so drastically powerful, decap shoulda been left alone.
    Decap was a waste of points, now it's actually worth it (despite the cost of 10 feat points to go down that line). Eyes of madness gives a nice buff against tin cans which the barbs sorely needed, especially given the way of stacking the physical wrack which is basically unusable in PvP (by the time you're done using 4 WA combos, including the low dps ranks 1 and 2, the soldier has killed you).

I don't even slot ATG, but those who do are leaving behind WW (now more critical than before if you're skipping Atrocity for the new Devastation) and Upheaval in exchange for a slightly increased burst once every 30 seconds. Considering 2/3 of the other classes can do higher bursts without having to wait the 30 seconds in between, I fail to see how this is supposed to make the barbs OP.

As for the general whining in this thread about Arcane Marauder: please tell me exactly how much damage the barb is doing while running outside of melee range from you. Also tell me how exactly this is going to avoid any kind of ranged damage (barring special cases like a terrain element breaking los or stuff like that).

I'll repeat it for the billionth time: give my barb the same dps/survivability ratio that conquerors have, and then you can remove my AM.
    I'm looking forward at reading the whines after something like that happens...

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast