Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: PvP Minigames nowadays ...

Quote Originally Posted by ieronymous View Post
    Who said that healers can guarantee victory?A healer in order to help(cc,heal,dps)that's the right rotation,he must be alive first..( I think) ..I ve been in countless minis when they all target the healer,he doesn't even have time to do a combo,imagine urself healer which u are,take fire from 4-5 people instantenously,and ccs too..and that not only once...like 7-8 times...Then what u do?2 scenarios...u stay at ress...or u leave mini...By the way ur propositions are interesting.Hope funcom do something about it..!!!
    If we equalize the playing field, skill, aa, gear, the team with a healer will have a much much MUCH better chance at victory than the team without a healer. The more confounding factors you add, in addition to the strats people employ in a mini, the more convoluted our conversation is going to be.

Quote Originally Posted by Mathieulombardi View Post
    If we equalize the playing field, skill, aa, gear, the team with a healer will have a much much MUCH better chance at victory than the team without a healer. The more confounding factors you add, in addition to the strats people employ in a mini, the more convoluted our conversation is going to be.
    Problem is, that unlike the old system, with the new one and the broken tournament one (you can not rejoin or join the same game once it started...no matter if you missed the popup or crashe), you as player have no choice (except leaving or afking) in who you play with. Since 2009 people advertised/suggested some kind of lobby system or flexible queue system like other games have for such eventlike minigames.
    Even if you have perfect balance it can still be repetitive, sometimes players do NOT want it and want to try out things not like they are intended by some controlfreakish devs...as in pvp events in open world, customized player enforced rulesets (as in old "The Pit" arena) or pvewise a "hox mostly" yankhmar raid. Part of the fun of a good system lies in its flexibility and variety.
    Non-repetivity is one strength of pvp, but if you introduce grind, too much power gaps and reduce the valid options in how you can play (moving, speccing, gearing) you loose this advantage. All of this witnessable from 2009 to 2014 in AoC pvp.
    Last edited by Kurt2013; 29th October 2014 at 10:29.

Quote Originally Posted by Audrey- View Post
    Somewhat of a personal solution: People have no hope , they believe in the upcomming defeat a lot more than the possibility of a tiresome victory. Prove them wrong , give them motivation be polite , be efficient , be better and every minigroup will follow you to burning hell despite the odds being against you. It's all about good karma .

Start with a "ffs noobs again , were doomed" statement your ingroup experience and pretty soon you'll end up in a pool of your own blood.

What people need is hope , explain to them that you can provide victory-elements. Take the flag with your demo/hox/tos/whatever and die like a man , the brute conq will get emotionall and follow your paradigm right when your clothbody drops down dead.\\o//

Give hope to the noobs , either by nature (your very good and geared and in general a usefull adition to grp) or by position (create a nice ingroup atmosphere , motivate ppl , be humble enough to ask certain tards to participate for real stead of ruining the game)

There's only one road to victory : Be a better man -> Become a better player -> Become invincible

Dont get me wrong , you can be the most iritating kind of man/woman and be a great player , but then again , no credit will follow your kills , cause none will care for kills that didnt affect him. While a 18kills demo will get praised in the eyes of the world if he achieved this with a skull on his back , a 32 kills assasin might aswell end up ingored by everybody , given he stealth-fraged and ran back into shadows on repeat.

And pls , remind me , why Ezekiel from NightWatch almost never lost a mini? Cause he got the gun and he got the manners. More Ezekiels pls.
    Like often, i agree with you. Take the groupe chat, no wonders no own reads it in mini, you extremely rarely see anyone trying to be constructive. It's only *******s complaining about how bad player A or B is. How does that help ? I'll never understand. On old RP-Servers there were guilds filled with noobs but who took pride in always at least trying to put up a good fight nevermind the odds... Not giving up easily was worth more than a good k/d...

But now it's all down to arithmetics. People start a mini, gauge the teams and estimated their chance of winning depending on the set up, the pvp levels on both side, the players involved and base the way they'll play on the estimated % chance of winning.
    Vali~The Mental Mushroom
    Vehl~The Pink Flamingo
    Vahlie~Redhead's bane
    Tisane~Kettle of Xotli
    Nvah~ . . .

Thumbs up

im sure if we delete mini pug from game the fun go up fast win guild grp or with good grp friend pvper , for me its all and again i support it !
    delete mini pug or give realy good incentive for play more in mini tournament !

Quote Originally Posted by legionarium View Post
    im sure if we delete mini pug from game the fun go up fast win guild grp or with good grp friend pvper , for me its all and again i support it !
    delete mini pug or give realy good incentive for play more in mini tournament !
    I agree with you my friend☺
    i remember back in the days where good premades would invite me cus i was good carrying the flag, i sucked at doing dmg as dts was bad dps dealers back then☺
    but they liked to invite me for my skills with flag☺ now days only thing people liok at is kills. They dont bother helping fc cus they risk their k/d☺.
    yes i enjoy having loads of kills! Tho i try my best to win with flag on m back. And if i cant get to the flag i will punnish the ones preventing me even if i am alone in my team☺
    Crom:
    Kraamz dt pvp10
    Kramzor hox pvp10
    Quickdash guard pvp7
    Kramzz bs pvp5

Fury:
    Pressostate conq pvp5
    ++++

AFK into the unknown =/

Quote Originally Posted by Willd View Post
    i remember back in the days where good premades would invite me cus i was good carrying the flag, i sucked at doing dmg as dts was bad dps dealers back then☺
    but they liked to invite me for my skills with flag☺ now days only thing people liok at is kills. They dont bother helping fc cus they risk their k/d☺.
    yes i enjoy having loads of kills! Tho i try my best to win with flag on m back. And if i cant get to the flag i will punnish the ones preventing me even if i am alone in my team☺
    And also you should remember a great and amazing moments of glorious victory when you win organized guild premade with voice communication by pug group of good players or mini-groups of 2-3 skilled freinds who always play together. THIS was the most fun and really cool moments for me in the game.

6 stacks already dislike fighting each other throughout history of aoc minis, what makes you guys think doing grouped minis and eliminating pugs would be better?

Most part of pvpers dont care about eliminating pugs. We care about PLAY WITH OUR FRIENDS AND NOT WITH STUPED NOOBS WHO PLAYS NOW. Why you all dont understand this simple thing? Ppl who likes to play with friends do it for fun fights and epic hardcore team clashes, not for farm noobs. Ppl who likes to play with friends usually fight for win - cap flag asap and dont farm weak team on respad (if it is not an organised guild premade ofc, they should be farmed to have a motivation to be better). Of course there will be some pug eliminates but it will be done by ppl who play like a rats and *******s nowadays, you know - high pvp lvl and good skill but they hunt for lowbies and naked chars, sits in hide, use cheats and afking etc, etc...

yes ppl no understand mini pug kill fun for grp friend pvp , but no understand why funcom no do nothing for it????
    mmo is a game for play in grp and no solo lol!
    plz pvper pusch all funcom at give back only mini sign up grp!

Quote Originally Posted by Willd View Post
    I remember beating premades with pugs of good pvpers when we transfered from Aquilonia to Fury.....good old times.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast