Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: JOIN us on crom.

Hi,

even though I like you guys at -=Resistance=- , as long as they don't implement pvp-activated zones and the monthly events the way the are on good o'le Fury I won't move over to Crom.
    If I wanna hug&kiss while farming multiboxed alts during pvp-week I can always join Pacto/Atlantico...

And grats to peeka for finally creating an account on these forums...
    The Noob Comic, best parody on MMO-gaming ever. Funcom featured @Page 318
    Gone with the blastwave For those special post-nuclear moments...
    Apprentice Shield of the Risen opener

Quote Originally Posted by Firelancer View Post
    firelancer/itburns and some more friends made a guild on crom called -=resistance=-.
    dont stand and wait till fury server dies.. same thing happened to us on rage.
    we waiset lots of time watching the server dies.

crom got 24/7 minis raids pvp pve everything is active....
    No thanks. The only reason i still play aoc is because it has open world pvp. Other pansy bedwetting games have no pvp outside designated zones. I'd rather chop off my own foot than go where there is no danger of having your face stomped ever. Reh world, conan's world should be dangerous. Make all crom zones pvp and i will join you.
    In balance with this life, this death
    -- Hand of Ibis RiP
    Magic is seeing what happens when you hit someone really hard, and when they disappear in a red spray, that's magic.
    -- Jansensen, Gunderman fighter {max taps - RiP}
    CQB Ranger

I'm tempted to jump on this thread 1-2 days now ,..

so here we go : Beloved old Fury is in bad shape and in even worse hands. During daytime you meet only the worst of the lousiest. Minigames are quality dead during all daytime. Random trash performing random actions , all of them believe they're so pvp-hardcore that they give a sh1234t about cooperation / teamplay / mututal respect. They're the frags of yesterday that geared up with new pvp system and now they roam around minigames contributing nothing , having ZERO evolution skillwise , cause 95% of competitive playerbase is not there anymore. Dont tell me Fury is a competitive enviroment . I believe there are maximum 7-8 big guns there. During nightime you can get a good minigame with some beasts and enjoy it alot . It's just 1 game or 4 games in the whole day and only on early nighttime GMT when you find those people you enjoy playing with cause they absolutely KNOW how to pvp with dignity and skills aswell.

Fury is the afternoon server , join a mini with Mykonos Square (Ersa Svarti Vali) or some Reanimated Mammoths (Shai Mechatroll Tyyr) , there's no pugmini on Crom that can compete to this . But the rate of this exact mini happening is just ..meh...
    Crom on the other hand is quite healthy pop-wise 24-7 (at worse 23/7).
    *!!!!!On crom 95% of minigames have healers on both sides , while only 25% on fury!!!!!*
    AoC is still an MMO there , which has a good side [available to explore anything] and a bad side [not strong server-wide bonds b2n players , you're nameless there unless ofcourse you deserve a name over the masses].

About the noobs: Fury has disrespectfull brats that consider themselves pvp-gods . You outparse them in seconds and they still claim the throne they dont deserve . Crom has less of them , most cromers can evaluate their own situation and are not afraid to accept they do mistakes / they fail in certain situations. That's a characteristic I quite enjoy . Players who were always rejected by the community for continuous negative behaviour are mostly on fury atm , and since playerbase is smaller than ever , you end up noticing them alot more .

Fury ... I love you , but I've chosen darkness
    Fury:
    Etheecx -Necrow R5
    Ebedokles -Priest of Agrigento [threw himself into the volcano!]
    Teargarden -Sin R8
    Teagarden -Ranger R7
    Tempgarden - DeaTea R8
    Teadealer -ToS R3

Crom:
    Ethicx -Demonologist R10
    Bedtime -Guardian R5
    SponsoredHox R3 delight

*Chaotic gooD*

Quote Originally Posted by Audrey- View Post
    ...Beloved old Fury is in bad shape and in even worse hands. ... Fury ... I love you , but I've chosen darkness
    Your points are valid. Crom players are good guys, GG, nice to play with; thoughtful and considerate, humble and kind and all that, compared to vile, putrid, cheating Fury filled with scum and … cheaters. It has gone down hill, sliding from ok to crap, all encounters are nauseating, etc.. Sure. (Just on record: the friends I met on Fury were not at all like your description of Fury. Most have fled, but not to Crom, ok some to Crom but then they just fled.)

It’s the difference between heaven and hell on a Saturday night. I get it. I get your meaning. I don’t care.

Anything with PvP and Crom in the same sentence is a curse. Why in gods name would I trek to the Border kingdoms to wait for some vagrant consenting player to come along?
    Some of my most intense moments have been when I have been jumped and ganked, usually in the middle of a timed quest or transiting a zone. Nothing gets my bloodlust up as quickly. I usually fail horribly but I do try to hunt or at least irritate idiotic players similar to what you describe as common as flies on Fury.

But I cannot play on a server where PvP is limited to specific environments. I want to see swords swing in the desert, the fields of Zelata, the different more rocky desert of Dragon spine, etc.,etc. Sorry. If you force me to fight in limited, teeny tiny playfields where everything is consensual and PG, then I am out.
    Even in my RP, I would still rather go PvP server, just because at least it would be mildly more exciting and slightly more realistic, … for a fantasy game.

So… sorry. If the choice is play on PvE server or quit… → only one choice remains.
    In balance with this life, this death
    -- Hand of Ibis RiP
    Magic is seeing what happens when you hit someone really hard, and when they disappear in a red spray, that's magic.
    -- Jansensen, Gunderman fighter {max taps - RiP}
    CQB Ranger

Quote Originally Posted by ArcaneScientius View Post
    But I cannot play on a server where PvP is limited to specific environments. I want to see swords swing in the desert, the fields of Zelata, the different more rocky desert of Dragon spine, etc.,etc. Sorry. If you force me to fight in limited, teeny tiny playfields where everything is consensual and PG, then I am out.
    Even in my RP, I would still rather go PvP server, just because at least it would be mildly more exciting and slightly more realistic, … for a fantasy game.

So… sorry. If the choice is play on PvE server or quit… → only one choice remains.
    Couldn't agree more. People say there is just as much PVP on Crom then there is on Fury and the only thing to say to that is if you think that minigames are real PVP than you're mad, absolutely crazy. If a scenario came about that they could merge the servers and still keep 1 zone a day open for PVP then maybe I could be on-board for that.
    Usedtissue Necro 10//Emptycan ToS 7//Puggles HoX 6//Ammagaden Guard 5//Trollololo Conq 5//Bottlecap DT 2

PM me to sign the Minigame buddy sign-up petition: (http://forums.ageofconan.com/showthr...40#post2135540)

Quote Originally Posted by Usedtissue View Post
    Couldn't agree more. People say there is just as much PVP on Crom then there is on Fury and the only thing to say to that is if you think that minigames are real PVP than you're mad, absolutely crazy. If a scenario came about that they could merge the servers and still keep 1 zone a day open for PVP then maybe I could be on-board for that.
    total + 100% with it m8

Quote Originally Posted by Chass- View Post
    But fury is dead, no? Thats what I hear all the time...
    No
    You hear what you want hear...

Come to Fury, you will see... but if you want a quiet game without risk and challenge, stay on Crom.

Quote Originally Posted by Battleaxe View Post
    No
    You hear what you want hear...

Come to Fury, you will see... but if you want a quiet game without risk and challenge, stay on Crom.
    Man dont lie at least......Fury is total dead server nowadays when I left it wasnt so bad, but now its terrible.

Quote Originally Posted by 89ideaz89 View Post
    Man dont lie at least......Fury is total dead server nowadays when I left it wasnt so bad, but now its terrible.
    Of course Crom players will say this lol, If you think Crom is alive and well than you obviously haven't played at launch.

Again the choice is simple, If you want ANY PVE at all then Crom is the place to be. If you're like me and you value open world no rules type PVP then there's only one option. Geldour said it best: "Crom is like water, it's okay but you can have it all the time. Fury is like a beer at the pub, it's awesome but you can't have it all the time". Different strokes for different folks, but stop saying X is dead or Y is dead. It does nothing to actually help the betterment of either server and it sounds like a broken record.

**Edit: and once again I still think the solution is to merge all three servers, split global chat into PVP/PVE but keep LFG chat. Enable ONE zone a day for PVP, and there you have it: Game fixed.**
    Last edited by Usedtissue; 24th October 2014 at 15:41.
    Usedtissue Necro 10//Emptycan ToS 7//Puggles HoX 6//Ammagaden Guard 5//Trollololo Conq 5//Bottlecap DT 2

PM me to sign the Minigame buddy sign-up petition: (http://forums.ageofconan.com/showthr...40#post2135540)

Quote Originally Posted by Usedtissue View Post
    **Edit: and once again I still think the solution is to merge all three servers, split global chat into PVP/PVE but keep LFG chat. Enable ONE zone a day for PVP, and there you have it: Game fixed.**
    Solutions such as that are too logical. So Funcom will never consider anything like that.

I mean many including myself have been recommending something along those lines for a long time now. Yet here we are, with no plans to make anything better.
    Dorrak / 80 Barb - PvP 8
    Tartug / 80 DT - PvP 8

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast