Thread: Onyx Chambers Unchained

Default Onyx Chambers Unchained

A pumped up Onyx Chambers, complete with random "raid" like bosses and random traps strewn around the dungeon. A "true" dungeon; public, open to any adventurer who wishes to dare enter! Oh Crom.. I'm salivating.

Discuss.

Loot drops I'm thinking anything from unique dungeon armors with the updated set bonuses to perhaps even ultra rare legendary weapon drops, just to entice the "veteran" crowd.

It's very unlikely they unchain Onyx chambers :

- It's very tank n' spank so the instance is mostly small rooms with tons of mobs, you can't really create nice encounters with so small areas, it limits itself the possibilities. Ofc you can refer to what they did to HoC (i'm not fond of but i can understand someone may like it) but HoC rooms were designed for the encounters and are larger than Onyx ones. When you speak about "raid" bosses, there's absolutly NO room for theses in the entire Onyx Chambers.

- It's not a very popular area, unless you enjoy grabbing tons of adds and dealing with strawman-like bosses (it's somewhat relaxing, i admit, but not as exciting as unchained encounters). I see only rares peoples going here for the quest (and tbh it's more cause they feel they have to do it to gain xp to level 80)

- GL unchaining/rewarding so much bosses (+ rares boss) It will take years to create new tactics/mechanisms and testing theses, i'd rather unchain Sanctum/Xibaluku than Onyx. Onyx can stay like this or be changed to solo instance to help people reaching 80...

Quote Originally Posted by Bibik View Post
    - GL unchaining/rewarding so much bosses (+ rares boss) It will take years to create new tactics/mechanisms and testing theses, i'd rather unchain Sanctum/Xibaluku than Onyx. Onyx can stay like this or be changed to solo instance to help people reaching 80...
    Sanctum/Xiba Unchained=YESSS!!!! But let's not forget Black Castle Unchained
    Barb: Thomaran
    Hox1: Mweru
    Dt: Haikuju
    Hox2: Shugorann
    Tos: Nephertites
    Sin: Leogetz
    Necro: Viggomortis
    and others...

"The sky is green. It is because I say it is. And because I said it on the internet."

Agree with Bibik. Onyx Chambers aren't designed to have bosses with many mechanics, and Iron Tower and Xibaluku would be more suited to getting unchained. Some of the lower level dungeons would be cool as well, like Black Castle, Sanctum or Main System.

Quote Originally Posted by Bibik View Post
    It's very unlikely they unchain Onyx chambers :
    It's very possible, they'd just have to not fill every squaremetre with 12 friggin monsters. You could make cool bosses with plenty of running around in twisty corridors if you let them have breathing room, most basic example of which would be a straight ripoff of Ahazu that you need to kill before running out of space or pulling another boss. A total of 5-10 bosses that require lots of movement with zero worthless trash cluttering the place would make a Edit by Anzu: Doggish dungeon. Obviously, don't make it public instance, because that Edit by Anzu: Doglike thing Edit by Anzu: Is doggish.
    Or make it a new hard solo dungeon; once T5 Edit by Anzu: Doggish thing starts infecting playerbase at large, Isle, Refuge, DMH, etc will become even more trivial.

That said, Onyx is Edit by Anzu: Doggish. Xibaluku, Tower, Sanctum, BC and Atzel should be unchained beforehand, in that order. The fact that Edit by Anzu: Doggishcaverns of 90s filled with scorpions and raiders got unchained while prettiest places are languishing is a heresy.
    Last edited by Anzu; 25th October 2014 at 03:41.

Agreed, Xibaluku Unchained, Sanctum or Black Castle Unchained would be exciting. But I think most of all, Iron Tower Unchained would just be awesome cool . Loot should be easy, basically the dungeon version of the new T5 loot with the main component of set bonuses being the primary motivator. The skins for the new loot is even easier, Iron Tower vanity is very nice looking, with 1 set for each class. *complete* armor set drop from these places for new uc loot would be awesome!

And PLEASE no more lotto boxes! It took me longer to get to full T4 then to get ANY of the several desired purple items from those damned lotto boxes. Seriously, those boxes were designed to make you quit!
    Last edited by Valicard; 25th October 2014 at 11:47.