Thread: HoX bug

Default HoX bug

I just noticed it last night playing the Hox messing around with AAs. When you feat Feeding the Pyre AA that stack 6 burning skulls, then replace it with something else the 6 stacks stay on your buffs and cant get removed. I tried it out several times and the 6 stack stays there all night while still applying damage when anything attacks you. They are suppose to be removed normally when attacked but the stack size stays at 6 until you re cast the spell it goes back to 3 and stacks can be removed. Anyone else see this bug? It seems like you get a free AA buff without even having it slotted?!?

To clarify, I have 5/5 feated Feeding the Pyre, and I replaced it with another silver perk and still get the benefits of the Feeding the pyre perk except that the buffs stacks don't get removed at all.
    Last edited by Dodgeball; 21st October 2014 at 00:14.

That's a new one I haven't heard of. I'll have to test it sometime, but I don't have that AA.

Ye it must be a new one. Until recently if you swap it for some other AA you would still be left with 6 stacks but after they were removed you would get 3 next time you refresh burning skull. It could bug from last fix or something.

It's always been like that as I remember. If you replace the AA, the 6x stacks wont disappear and hits with melee hits. It doesn't worth using that bug as you have to wait 1min after cast to replace the AA and the bug disappears when the 6x times out* or you recast BS.

*edit: I checked it and timed out normally - did you do something special to keep it up?
    Last edited by pekka; 21st October 2014 at 12:57.
    Tainted Souls on Crom - Johara's Featplanner

Hushi (HoX) - Igne natura renovatur integra

Quote Originally Posted by pekka View Post
    It's always been like that as I remember. If you replace the AA, the 6x stacks wont disappear and hits with melee hits. It doesn't worth using that bug as you have to wait 1min after cast to replace the AA and the bug disappears when the 6x times out* or you recast BS.

*edit: I checked it and timed out normally - did you do something special to keep it up?
    I just replaced it with Enslaving fire or RSoX, and never re-casted BS again because it resets the stack to 3. IF you zone in or out of an instance, or die and rez the stack resets but aslong as you apply it in a zone or in a mini the stack stays at 6 permenently. It boosts damage significantly with RSoX, around 1.8k dps in most 6 mans.
    Last edited by Dodgeball; 21st October 2014 at 21:24.

Oh, so 'permanently' means that 10 min. It has the potential in some cases, like minigames, I should test the dps increase but personally I'm too lazy to swap perks so often.
    Tainted Souls on Crom - Johara's Featplanner

Hushi (HoX) - Igne natura renovatur integra

Its just something I noticed, and it wont change my play style or make me swap perks all the time. Its just an intreresting thing that I thought should be brought up.