Page 6 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast

Thread: T5 Tactics

Some guilds/players like figuring out tactics (including TL stuff), some guilds/players enjoy more the execution : progressions raids are not only theorycrafting and wiping until a proper tactic and all the mechanisms are known. Again, i've never felt that my satisfaction could be somewhat gimped cause tactics (not even complete, as it seems) were released by QQ and later TFB. Maybe some have thoses feelings, but they're already part of guilds that clear the content on day 1 or even before. So why bother ?
    Last edited by Bibik; 22nd October 2014 at 11:31.

Quote Originally Posted by Caudilloo View Post
    I don't mind people are posting tactics. The competition for that boss was pretty much over.
    And yes, figuring out stuff yourself and coming up with ideas is one of the most fun things in this game. Personally one of the best times I have had in a 6man must have been when we were figuring out Coils on Testlive.
    Figuring out tactics for a 6-man encounter is quite a different beast from figuring out raid tactics. The difference of course lies in the fact that it's much easier for 6 people to agree on a common definition of what is fun, than it is to find the same agreement among 24.

Maybe the top raiding guilds, like yours, have a sufficiently large number of raiders who genuinely raid for the challenge. But most more casual raid groups don't (and that's perfectly fine as well). For these raids, the fact that people care to post tactics is a huge help.
    Rathothis|Tempest of Set || Tigrathes|Dark Templar || Isitnofret|Herald of Xotli
    BS|Sin|Demo|Barb|Conq
    Sudatorius|Noob barb on Rage

Quote Originally Posted by Caudilloo View Post
    I don't mind people are posting tactics. The competition for that boss was pretty much over.

Saying people can still figure out stuff by themselves by just not looking at the tactics is simply not true. There is no way in hell that in a raid with 24 people there is not at least one person that will check tactics explanation/video. He will just happen to come up with all the right ideas to counter the elements of the fight after the first try.

And yes, figuring out stuff yourself and coming up with ideas is one of the most fun things in this game. Personally one of the best times I have had in a 6man must have been when we were figuring out Coils on Testlive.
    One of the best raidexperiences was last few weeks in T5 when we were figuring stuff out. The satisfaction it gives if a boss goes down that way I never really had when we had strats from others we were just executing.

Personally I think you should have waited a week or 2 more to give more guilds the chance to experience that.
    In the end Caudilloo it's a choice of Raid / Guild leader if to use tactic published by another guild or not.
    You are right, at least one player in a raid most probably reads tactics when they are published, but if Raid leader asks him not to talk / give hints he simply must adapt.

That's why publishing tactics is not dangerous as you describe it.
    Last edited by Korando-AoC; 22nd October 2014 at 11:57.
    Retired nab.. once it was Korando (PvP 10 BS), Andromaeda (PvP 10 Sin), Calore (PvP 10 Demo) and minions...

Quote Originally Posted by Fass View Post
    Hey cyn you should try wow. They have this imba boss journal with all spells with damage. Heal alert, dps alert and tank alert. Also "deadly" and other stuff like that. Not everyone likes that, myself I hate being able to read up on it from the game itself... They also have official loot tables! It's like blizzard saw your famous blog and decided to implement it in their game!
    I know that they have those things in WoW, Fass, and I often dearly wished that such things were available for AoC as well. The reason why I'm not interested in WoW is that I don't like the fictional universe in which it takes place (nor the graphics, for that matter). For some reason, some fictional worlds simply appeal to me and others don't.

Quote Originally Posted by medke View Post
    Posting tactics this early is nothing else but ruining fun for guilds who like figuring out new bosses.
    Lets QQ together.

I don't see how posting tactics could be detrimental to anyone.

In the end, i believe a healthy raiding population needs 2 things : abundant pugs and helpful raiding veterans willing to lead those pugs and explain basics to newbies.

I'm also glad the first boss in T5 is not a brick wall, that way, a huge part of the population can actually see the beginning of T5.
    That was my main issue with T4. the first boss stayed out of reach of most pugs for way too long, which is a shame because T4 is a beautiful place. Even now, most of the players have no chance to even see the beginning of T4.
    Same for T3.5, it is a masterpiece, forgotten/avoided by most.
    {Circle of Eternity}
    Mellaus
    Lachdanann dt | Aldebarrand guard | Ataraxes demo | Tangorogrim tos | Aranruth barb | Demether pom | Errant ranger | Diluvien sin | Hekatomb necro | Haemmer bs | Nyarlathotep tos

Cynara is officer, blogger, inventor of words and unkickable

Default I tought posting end game tactics were a no go on the forums??

At this point in this game public display of tactics and strategies are meaningless. The guilds/players who welcomed the challange were already present on the TL servers for months prior to official release. Everybody else was just happily farming their T4 raid on their 5th alt, waiting on the sidelines for the strats to be published before giving the new stuff a go. World 1st "competition" yadda yadda and hands first on the new shineys are reward enough for the conquistadores. The content filter is already there with silly dps race and timer checks on every encounter preventing loot access to those players without the skil/mindset to push the limits on their class of choice (hence guilds failing to complete T4 to this day, after years of strategies exposure, with videos and class specific builds for every encounter). I say let them publish and read whatever they want its only a matter of time before they become public knowledge somewherelse. There is no harm to be done that could be greater than what funcom itself has already done to this game after all these years neglecting their poster child.
    Last edited by Wulfgaarr; 22nd October 2014 at 13:42.

Quote Originally Posted by medke View Post
    I'm not against sharing tactics at all, I just find it too early, there are guilds trying still.
    There are guilds trying T1-T3 too, people heading in their for the first time.

One thing that would be a benefit of having tactics out early, is if the "best" or at least a "really good" tactic is developed and agreed upon early among a lot of people, then you will have a greater number of people all on the same page. This way pugging the raids would become easier if everyone knows the same tactics. Not having to explain all your individual differences from the most common tactic would speed up a raid if you needed to "pug/freinds list" out a few spots.

Edit by Anzu: In English please.

Cappa, we both are french and I wanted to make fun of your yakhmar's drawing by saying "joli dessin" (nice drawing).

Edit by Anzu: Moderation is not a topic on the forums. And obviously, as a cat, I'm always grumpy.
    Last edited by Anzu; 24th October 2014 at 13:40.

Page 6 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast