Thread: Steam Version?

Default Steam Version?

So I have been away for some time now but I just decided to give good old Conan a try. I want to see how my ping is and how the game looks before I commit to a subscription. So my question is should I use the client from the conan website or should I download it through steam? I really like having all my games on steam library and being able to use steam overlay during gaming so I'd prefer if I can use steam to manage downloads of Age of Conan. I still wanted to check here before I commit to a 20 gb download.

My original account should work with steam I guess? Anybody using Steam client with an old account? Are there any problems with that experience or playing conan through steam? I'd be grateful if you guys could enlighten. Thanks!
    Macduff(guard) Duffster(conq) Zacknafein(dt)
    Gedwyn(bs) Relind(pom) Onerio(tos)
    Pyrox(hox) Yorick(necro) Luthien(demo)
    Leartes(ranger) Skalld(barb) Mercutio(sin)

is ok to use steam, afaik, is the same thing, same account, same payments, same everything.
    meh...

I believe steam won't manage your download at all. You would simply be using steam to open the launcher, and the launcher would update the game like normal.

Quote Originally Posted by tapwater View Post
    I believe steam won't manage your download at all. You would simply be using steam to open the launcher, and the launcher would update the game like normal.
    This is exactly how it works; it's a bootstrapper for the launcher, that's it.
    Drunkskunk (Sin) - Petridish (ToS) - Gwarnath (BS) - Tomatohawk (DT)