Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How much different in two years or more?

Default How much different in two years or more?

I started playing four days ago and wasn't doing well with my ranger, unless I play terribly. Anyway my stealth kept breaking, even by low mobs and that is not good So I haven't played this in couple years, believe I stop playing because Necromancers are my favorite class to play. Back then I remember I tried to attack someone in pvp with my necro, he/she was lower levels than me, but not much and my minions did nothing and I tried to get that player off of me and died and still the minions did nothing lol.

I haven't tested to see if the necros still suck at pvp like I did couple years ago, did they fix that yet? I doubt if I will play my ranger, it isn't fun anymore like it use to be. So I like to hang out in pvp, but if all this haven't been fixed then I either stop playing or goto pve server while playing a necro. If this still continue that they did this on purpose, then it isn't worth 14.99 a month in my opinions. Some will say play something else.

So I am trying to decide what to do today before I wrap this up and not playing it anymore. Use to be fun when the game first came out, of course there was a lot of griefs of players complaining about pvp/classes are not balance. The only thing I didn't like while playing my favorite class is that my minions does nothing

Question

There's just too much there for me to handle so I'll just happily ignore it and answer with a straight face. Mostly you can't or need to sneak past PvE mobs, it doesn't work like that so don't bother. Those minions, they always worked, you just need to take a look at your abilities tab and search for yellow squares with symbols on them, they're the minion commands, keybind them and press "attack" command for pets to attack.. Have fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Belawen View Post
    There's just too much there for me to handle so I'll just happily ignore it and answer with a straight face. Mostly you can't or need to sneak past PvE mobs, it doesn't work like that so don't bother. Those minions, they always worked, you just need to take a look at your abilities tab and search for yellow squares with symbols on them, they're the minion commands, keybind them and press "attack" command for pets to attack.. Have fun.

I did that back then, didn't work period lol. Maybe they reverse it? So I am going to test it once I get my necro around lvl 19+ in white sands and see if that will work or not. Not only for even or higher level players, but lower levels too regardless what level they are.

Well, as Belawen already stated stealth in this game isn't made for circumventing pve-fights, not even assassins can sneak past them, I think all mobs and even wildlife have been attending anti-infiltration classes to sack and interrogate anyone trying to sneak past them. So don't even bother trying, they'll just find you and do cruel things to you.
    Secondly you can't expect everything that works well in PvE to work just the same way in PvP. For instance stealth with rangers is rather viable in PvP but nearly useless in PvE.
    Your pets won't do your killing for you there like they did in Guild Wars 1 or whereever, all they do is harass the players and assist you through that, while you kill your foes with your own spells and stay mobile. To get them to do that you might need to send them to attack though, depending on what your setting for the minions is, but I think Belawen explained that pretty good.
    Your failed attempts at PvP also don't mean that necros generally suck in PvP, I dare say your deaths were largely a matter of your lacking experience, no offense.
    If those low-level chars are your first steps in Age of Conan (as in you never had a high level toon so far), you might be better off starting on crom and have some nice guild help you with advice and whatnot, since understanding a game's combat system is pretty much mandatory to understanding how to pvp in it.
    The Noob Comic, best parody on MMO-gaming ever. Funcom featured @Page 318
    Gone with the blastwave For those special post-nuclear moments...
    Apprentice Shield of the Risen opener

Well they gimped down stealth for rogue classes that for sure, wasn't like that before. Back then when I played my necro, I am telling you they did something or the player maybe cheating so idk. All I know that I couldn't send my minions to attack this player (yes the attack button for minions).

Anyway I am trying out my necro again and see how I get around enjoy myself and I know that minions wont be 100% like pve, but it will be harassing and support me while I am fighting or defending myself.

There have been times that they were doing something trying to balance pvp on all classes ever since the game came out, possible they did some change to necro's minions back then. So I was very upset over that and quit. Also possible glitches there that sometime when you enter places that the minion status on the left was empty and no pet mini buttons, but I had the pet action buttons in the slots.

I will test this in few days and see what the different, if either it has been fixed or still broken. And I never played Pve on this game, only and all the way pvp, it just that many things have changing over the years.
    Last edited by redindus69; 16th October 2014 at 13:11.

Hmmm, I'm almost getting the feeling you're just trolling, but I hope that's not the case

At any rate, you would have been better of posting this in New Player Help.

From what I can tell you seem to have a ranger and a necro, both at a level below 20. If that is true, you have seen almost nothing of the game, and you have gotten next to no insight into what makes each of these two classes function.

Only thing that can help you is either gaining experience on your own, or getting ingame help from someone else with some experience (or both ofc).

As an analogy; Your post makes me think of someone trying to push a parked car up the hill, then complain that it doesn't seem to be working as it should, then speculating if it's a better idea to og grab your bicycle instead.

Nope, not trolling, that why I posted this and see if the necro have been gimped down. Like I said that my minions wouldn't attack two years ago and couldn't figure out why. Later on I know I will have to switch to Nightfall for more effective, but I have seen some players doing pretty well with minions or hybrid. I could be mistake more than two years ago when that happen, this game been out for what six years?

How can you say "gimped down" when you weren't even able to use your pets 2 years ago ?
    No offense but I think they should actually "gimp it down" so it works for you.

And yeah belawen says exactly what you should try .
    If you don't set your pets on "follow" they are automatically on "assist" which means that the pets attack what you attack
    Typing on mobile
    Excuse mspellings and strange auto erections
    --------------------------------------------------
    (current) Mains: Slackjoint (tos), Daraiios(sin) , Quorrin (DT)

Yes the new store still blows

All I can say is that there are still some glitches and bugs in the game, regardless what you guys think. It vary depending on situations and what class you are playing. While playing my ranger I don't usually get many CTD and my necro I do when I enter places, probably my minions causes this.

Here come the weird parts, while doing the main quest lines by going up the volcano (1st quest) the mobs are lvl 11s for my necro is lvl 13/14. Before I made this necro, my ranger was around this level and the mobs are samn levels as ranger and system telling me the instance will reset less than 15 minutes. The system didn't say anything about resetting on my necro. I find this odd, maybe some mage class are weaker than rogue class? IDK, but having playing my ranger in Strom's Keep was a hard one. Trying to keep one on one, never know what may popup around the corner. The ranger manage to take out one, then one patrol came in, then another from down stair and there no way I can pull this off on samn level mobs. Having three or four mobs coming on you is insane death!

Anyway my pc specs is really good and connections and I know they didn't make a perfect game, but still have some problems in there. So this is why I mention before why that my minions didn't attack before and sometime the minion status doesn't show up when you enter/leaving instance.

If you never seen this and telling me that I am doing something wrong, then you are not playing a necromancer like me. Try from the start if you don't believe me and if you like to see the weird different between ranger/necromancer quest lines, go make couple characters and see that for yourself. It just I don't understand they didn't finish polish or correcting bugs over the years or over six years. Something isn't right here and they still want our money lol.
    Last edited by redindus69; 16th October 2014 at 18:44.

Quote Originally Posted by redindus69 View Post
    All I can say is that there are still some glitches and bugs in the game, regardless what you guys think. It vary depending on situations and what class you are playing. While playing my ranger I don't usually get many CTD and my necro I do when I enter places, probably my minions causes this.

Here come the weird parts, while doing the main quest lines by going up the volcano (1st quest) the mobs are lvl 11s for my necro is lvl 13/14. Before I made this necro, my ranger was around this level and the mobs are samn levels as ranger and system telling me the instance will reset less than 15 minutes. The system didn't say anything about resetting on my necro. I find this odd, maybe some mage class are weaker than rogue class? IDK, but having playing my ranger in Strom's Keep was a hard one. Trying to keep one on one, never know what may popup around the corner. The ranger manage to take out one, then one patrol came in, then another from down stair and there no way I can pull this off on samn level mobs. Having three or four mobs coming on you is insane death!

Anyway my pc specs is really good and connections and I know they didn't make a perfect game, but still have some problems in there. So this is why I mention before why that my minions didn't attack before and sometime the minion status doesn't show up when you enter/leaving instance.

If you never seen this and telling me that I am doing something wrong, then you are not playing a necromancer like me. Try from the start if you don't believe me and if you like to see the weird different between ranger/necromancer quest lines, go make couple characters and see that for yourself. It just I don't understand they didn't finish polish or correcting bugs over the years or over six years. Something isn't right here and they still want our money lol.
    Different Archetypes (Soldier, Healer, Mage, Rogue) have different main quests in Tortage. That is why you will see different things and do different things on ranger versus necromancer. When finding yourself overwhelmed by mobs, that usually means you weren't careful enough when pulling and/or avoiding pathing mobs while fighting. Having read everything you said about necro pets in this thread, I have no idea what you are talking about. The pets work. When you tell them to attack, they will attack. The only times they will stand still and not attack when ordered (they will change into attack stance), is when they can't path to the mob/player you target.

It sounds like all your problems come from not understanding the game.

As for you crashing on necro, but not on ranger, without knowing more details I would blame your computer.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast