Thread: Restoration Points

Default Restoration Points

Can some one please tell me why you do not rez at the closest rez point and instead end up at the one furthest away! I run past 2 rez points (im sure there's more) and they are a lot closer to my Tombstone, but end up back at entry point with all distance and all mobs to do again ......

Sometimes you don't get credit for finding the Rez pads until you get very close to them. So if you ran nearby, you may not have 'discovered' it.

Alternately, some instances like dead man's hand reset every time you enter.
    ----
    Kalur - 80 Bear Shaman, Brunstol - 80 Dark Templar, Tallas - 80 Assassin, Gilben - 80 Conquerer, Pangert - 80 Barbarian, Xoltal - 80 Necromancer, Matzui - 80 Herald of Xolti, and a bunch of lower level alts.
    Wiccana -> Set -> Crom

Quote Originally Posted by puckstop98 View Post
    Sometimes you don't get credit for finding the Rez pads until you get very close to them. So if you ran nearby, you may not have 'discovered' it.

Alternately, some instances like dead man's hand reset every time you enter.
    Yep can understand instances resetting ......

That would explain it - I didn't realise u had to discover them before you could rez to them ..... so what happens if you haven't discovered any rez pads yet - dont tell me, your toon gets stripped and whipped lol

Quote Originally Posted by Malfur View Post
    Yep can understand instances resetting ......

That would explain it - I didn't realise u had to discover them before you could rez to them ..... so what happens if you haven't discovered any rez pads yet - dont tell me, your toon gets stripped and whipped lol
    There's a rezpad that is automatically granted when you enter a map. It's the default one that you don't have to discover. Die and will will rez here. If you discover other rezpad first, then you can resurrect to whichever is the closest one.
    -
    Fun fact : Not actually the same guy as the player named "Jaedelyia" in-game. Never though I would one day encounter a guy with the same nickname as this one.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaedelyia View Post
    There's a rezpad that is automatically granted when you enter a map. It's the default one that you don't have to discover. Die and will will rez here. If you discover other rezpad first, then you can resurrect to whichever is the closest one.
    Oh and also, some instances have multiple res pads available when you die, if you choose the first, it's the 'standard' pad. If you click to right, you'll see distance in meters below the options and those may be closer (since funcom didn't solve a year old bug yet).

Mostly talking bout questing - only leveling first toon haven't tried instances yet.

and I still get ported past closer res pads to the closest to entry point to that area lol ...

Quote Originally Posted by Malfur View Post
    Mostly talking bout questing - only leveling first toon haven't tried instances yet.

and I still get ported past closer res pads to the closest to entry point to that area lol ...
    From my experience, it always rezes you at the closest known rez pad, as the crow flies, not based on actual running distance (which can be more round-about). If it isn't working like that for you, something is wrong.