Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Legendary Cloaks

Quote Originally Posted by tafale View Post
    I will probably go for the Infernal one since the cloak has to offer something when compared to the T4 mage one. If the Ash one had decent with hate decrease then I would seriously consider it, especially for being a decent HoX specific cloak.

I'm on my way to full T5 armour (3/8 atm) so anything without hate decrease isn't good, unless when survivability is nice, hence the Infernal one.
    Wait did funcom removed its particle effects from legendary cloaks ?

Quote Originally Posted by Kahlipso View Post
    get hit rating.
    all the damage in the world wont do any good if your combos are hitting empty air.

Id go with the hit rating cloak.
    The hit rating cloak. All of the cloaks have hit rating...

Ash Mantle has 55
    Demon Mantle has 59
    Infernal Mantle has 45
    Thunder Mantle has 55

I would pick the Demon Mantle due to intelligence giving more magic damage than the Ash Mantle and also offers more mana, and some crd and lower amount of elemental protection. Also highest hit rating. It is the glass cannon cloak.

Ash Mantle looks fine as well but for the time being that Cr Fire is useless it loses out for me.

Infernal Mantle has 52 constitution. Looks like a better choice for solo players or pvpers maybe...

Thunder Mantle is a Cloak of Amra clone so not really point of taking that one.

I have been thinking about getting Demon Mantle as well for my 2 hoxes. I do have the crimson slaugther cloak on one of them and it seems like a nice cloak.

But, is it just me or is combat rating (fire) just worse than straight combat rating? or combat rating (2he) ? (fire) does not seem to buff the Btd dot.
    Also, does Combat rating work fine together with Combat rating 2he?
    And finally. On my 2nd hox I got T3 int cloak, Faceless sphinx cloak and crimson slaughter. And i got the AOK sword and T3 sword AND the Faceless chaos blue sword from coils.

Now I have tried several combinations of these items, to try and find a clear cut winner. But tbh I can't. It's like i can go for more magic dam with more crit rating and crit dam rating and lose around 16 phys dps, or go low on magic dam to increase phys dps. But it doesn't really seem to make a real difference no matter how i go. Any thoughts?
    Barb: Thomaran
    Hox1: Mweru
    Dt: Haikuju
    Hox2: Shugorann
    Tos: Nephertites
    Sin: Leogetz
    Necro: Viggomortis
    and others...

"The sky is green. It is because I say it is. And because I said it on the internet."

Quote Originally Posted by AngryBarb View Post
    But, is it just me or is combat rating (fire) just worse than straight combat rating? or combat rating (2he) ? (fire) does not seem to buff the Btd dot. Also, does Combat rating work fine together with Combat rating 2he?
    CR and CR (2HE) buff BtD DoT, CR (Fire) doesn't.

Check Joharas posts #14 and #15 for test results: https://forums.ageofconan.com/showth...77#post2082177
    ::: HoX :::

Quote Originally Posted by Tjaza View Post
    CR and CR (2HE) buff BtD DoT, CR (Fire) doesn't.

Check Joharas posts #14 and #15 for test results: https://forums.ageofconan.com/showth...77#post2082177
    Thx a lot! Nice info

Ps. Well it seems to me that a hox should go for the INT wb cloak. As long as one can push up the CR (or CR 2he) to a decent lvl with other gear items then it should be good. Too bad the wb "hox cloak" has CR (fire).
    Last edited by AngryBarb; 4th November 2014 at 15:03.
    Barb: Thomaran
    Hox1: Mweru
    Dt: Haikuju
    Hox2: Shugorann
    Tos: Nephertites
    Sin: Leogetz
    Necro: Viggomortis
    and others...

"The sky is green. It is because I say it is. And because I said it on the internet."

Wondering whether the Demon mantle is better than T4 at all. It offers 6 more magic dmg (and some negligible mana and mana regen and elemental prot), 9 more hit and 4 more crit damage than the T4 cloak, but lacks the 30 hate decrease T4 has... Doesn't seem worth the trade, even if having "permanent" 5%+ movement speed would be nice.

Quote Originally Posted by Shax84 View Post
    Ash Mantle looks fine as well but for the time being that Cr Fire is useless it loses out for me.
    And there is the misconception CR(Fire) isnt useless.
    It contributes to combofinisherdamage itself (just not to the dot part) and to your whitedamage.
    Apart from CDR coming from Will of the Sublime, you trade 22 Magicdamage for 480 CR(Fire).
    While magicdamage is worth more than CR, in this case the sheer amount of CR lets me favor the Ash cloak.

'Hox' cape gets +45 magic dmg (fire) from their legendary cape buff while Intelligence cape gets only 40 intelligence.

Is int still better?

Well that evens it out a bit of course. It would now depend mostly on how much the player would want the mana and crit dmg rating from intelligence cloak or the combat rating (fire) ~13 dps.

80+45 = 125 magic dmg from Ash Mantle
    169+40 = 209 intelligence = 125,4 magic damage.

Quote Originally Posted by Caudilloo View Post
    'Hox' cape gets +45 magic dmg (fire) from their legendary cape buff while Intelligence cape gets only 40 intelligence.

Is int still better?
    I thought the "buffs" given by the legendary cloaks were simply particle affects with only visual/vanity purpose? If all cloaks give as big buffs as this, they're big upgrades over T4.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast