Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Beginners - SPLIT mini games by ranks 0-5 / 6-10 for better pvp progression

Default Beginners - SPLIT mini games by ranks 0-5 / 6-10 for better pvp progression

Hello,

PVP is unplayable for every newcomers. We are just fresh meat for high ranks pvp (do not speak me about skill, the stuff/AA do ABSOLUTLY everything : rank 0-2 against rank 7-10 is a death in 2 sec)

Actually, i played about 60 minis with my necro and sometimes... I lose my faith ! I'm actually rank 2 (50%), totally PVE unstuff (WB T1/some kithai pieces, level 80 maybe 30 days ago...)

The only ways i found to get higher ranks is :

- to farm minis and get farmed every day during XX months
    - to farm minis and afk waiting the end...
    - to create groups with other beginners... but if one leave in the raid of 12... then a R10 pop in a BG full of ranks 0-4 so... you know what happens... However, this option is the better because the PVP is so much fun and balanced when we are full of newbies !!!

My suggestion is to SPLIT BG BY RANKS 0-5 / 6-10

This could help lot of new players to LOVE pvp and not get bored to be just here to get killed in less than 5 / 6 secs, and then go PVE because PVP is unintersting for every new player.

2 things :

- newcomers love this way and every body is happy
    - newcomers don't love this way and we lose all pvp beginners because no BG pop.

So maybe it could be an option to say "hey, i want to pvp but only with lower ranks" or "i don't care about it, i want pvp"

My second suggestion is to get more pvp stuff with rank 1 or 2 (give us a set with lower stats, but not just a glove or shoes) we just want to help our group when we tag for minis !

Thank you for reading and sorry for my english.
    Last edited by Swaraj; 15th October 2014 at 17:13.

I started to play necro on lvl 80 with lvl 40-60 gear and stick to it untill i hit pvp 4. From aa i had few in pressing, decisive, anti cc and frog form. And that was when t1 big parts you gained at pvp 5
    Rest chars i started (unless they are old) with 3 pieces of blue faction gear.

Quote Originally Posted by Swaraj View Post
    Hello,

PVP is unplayable for every newcomers. We are just fresh meat for high ranks pvp (do not speak me about skill, the stuff/AA do ABSOLUTLY everything : rank 0-2 against rank 7-10 is a death in 2 sec)

Actually, i played about 60 minis with my necro and sometimes... I lose my faith ! I'm actually rank 2 (50%), totally PVE unstuff (WB T1/some kithai pieces, level 80 maybe 30 days ago...)

The only ways i found to get higher ranks is :

- to farm minis and get farmed every day during XX months
    - to farm minis and afk waiting the end...
    - to create groups with other beginners... but if one leave in the raid of 12... then a R10 pop in a BG full of ranks 0-4 so... you know what happens... However, this option is the better because the PVP is so much fun and balanced when we are full of newbies !!!

My suggestion is to SPLIT BG BY RANKS 0-5 / 6-10

This could help lot of new players to LOVE pvp and not get bored to be just here to get killed in less than 5 / 6 secs, and then go PVE because PVP is unintersting for every new player.

2 things :

- newcomers love this way and every body is happy
    - newcomers don't love this way and we lose all pvp beginners because no BG pop.

So maybe it could be an option to say "hey, i want to pvp but only with lower ranks" or "i don't care about it, i want pvp"

My second suggestion is to get more pvp stuff with rank 1 or 2 (give us a set with lower stats, but not just a glove or shoes) we just want to help our group when we tag for minis !

Thank you for reading and sorry for my english.
    This would not be as harsh if the powerful would have some incentive to NOT always zerg the weak as well. I fear just splitting is not enough, though i am not buying the "divison of population" argument. Those who would play under the split system are not those currently playing under the actual system (as you said, it IS unplayable for some newcomers (not all, depends on class and guild and friends and tech).

I started pvp with level 50 blue gear with sin and now my sin is 35k/10k
    please its not about gear or aa , its skilll. Dont get me wrong, aa and gear has big part, but not as big as you say.
    my poor hox started pvp with level 60 blue gear and now its happily pvp 4 and half, with 5k/2k kd

I speak for people who are beginners in 2014. I also started pvp some years ago and it was much more easier.

On crom server there are no minis before 80. So the first Bg you will do is lvl 80 rank 0 and enjoy the first experience you have...
    Last edited by Swaraj; 15th October 2014 at 17:55.

I speak for people who are beginners in 2014. I also started pvp some years ago and it was much more easier.
    Beginners with no PvP (or PvE) experience will always lose to veteran players with thousands of minis and tens of thousands of kills under their belt. Regardless of class, gear and AA. How do you balance that?

Splitting games by ranks could have been a valid point before the PvP gear changes, but the fact is that at lvl 4 you are very close to a lvl 10 in gear.

And what do you do about those with full T4 PvE gear with low PvP level vs those poor beginners?

No, if you want balanced games, Funcom needs to implement a ranking system so that good players meet good players and beginners meet beginners. Regardless of class, gear, AA etc. Like StarCraft 2.

On crom server there are no minis before 80. So the first Bg you will do is lvl 80 rank 0 and enjoy the first experience you have...
    On fury there is almost no minis before 80. For some short time recently 19 were popular though, i heard that 39 there could maybe be few a day and 59 is non existant. but i started pvping my necro on lvl 80 minis (with 40-60 gear) not lowbie ones. I have fresh dt wih vom and almost no other AA, also started with some blue gear from trader, now im pvp 3.
    I do agree that from pvp 0 to pvp 4 it is bit hard, and some people dont have will to endure it, maybe it would be nice if funcom give some blue gear as destiny quest reward that would be useful for pvp till you hit rank 4.
    Worse than t1 but still not that bad you are 1 shot.

But honestly i dont see gear as something that is that hard to obtain. AA is bigger issue and fresh 80 should get at least 200 AA to get him started.
    And no to splitting minis, on fury they are not really popping that much for that.

from my experience a large % of the players on crom are mentally challenged AND use pve specs and other pve approaches. there are several classes that you dont need any gear to excel if you use your brain at all on crom. from my experiences on fury, the player field during EU prime can be more competitive, but you have plenty of open world activities to participate in.

Some people here seem to follow the awesome logic that, if there is imbalance anyway (due to skill), it doesn't hurt to make it worse (through gear + AA). Clearly, this argument fails.

The only convincing argument against splitting minis by pvp level is that it would take longer for minis to pop. There is a certain truth to that based on the status quo; the real question which is difficult to answer is whether minis would pop more easily if the entry barrier posed by pvp gear were lowered. Personally, I don't believe that we'd get a huge number of new players in minis, as most of the population who currently don't do minis seem to be rather dedicated PvE only players.

Which leads to the question whether something else could be done. Personally, I'd like to see gear and AA taken out of the equation altogether, but it seems like Unchained minis are off the table. But there have been plenty of alternative solutions which have been suggested on these forums, like offering the old pvp1 sets (prior to the stats increase) as pvp0.5 sets without any level restrictions. In addition, new level 80 toons should get a more meaningful AA boost than is currently the case (and ideally, some bonus - maybe less than for subs - should also be given to FTPs).
    Rathothis|Tempest of Set || Tigrathes|Dark Templar || Isitnofret|Herald of Xotli
    BS|Sin|Demo|Barb|Conq
    Sudatorius|Noob barb on Rage

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast