Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: 24 Player Raiding: A Relic of the past?

Quote Originally Posted by lmagowz View Post
    People, just step forward, forget about past and merge 2-3 guilds into one. Or join EU guild.
    No guild should be forced to merge and no guild will be forced, this is turning into a silly conversation. If you want help in T4 then ask for what you need. Just saying merge all US guilds, without a plan or goal is silly.
    Merge them into what? One t4 raid a week? Good luck fitting 100 folks into that, who gets chosen to go? Who decided raid schedule, who's running this circus?

Quote Originally Posted by sugarspice View Post
    No guild should be forced to merge and no guild will be forced, this is turning into a silly conversation. If you want help in T4 then ask for what you need. Just saying merge all US guilds, without a plan or goal is silly.
    Merge them into what? One t4 raid a week? Good luck fitting 100 folks into that, who gets chosen to go? Who decided raid schedule, who's running this circus?
    Why not? If Eu and Ru guilds can manage good amount of people into raids, why US guilds can't do that? You can turn US into 24, 48 guilds with 2-5 ppl. For what? There is only one point to create guild: To help company of friends reach their goals. If people can't reach their goals, they must change something and fix their problems. Today you can't find 24 ppl for raid, tomorrow you can't find 12 people for raid, day after tomorrow you can't find 6 ppl for dungeon. But you have pretty and catchy name for your guild.

Why not? If Eu and Ru guilds can manage good amount of people into raids, why US guilds can't do that? You can turn US into 24, 48 guilds with 2-5 ppl. For what? There is only one point to create guild: To help company of friends reach their goals. If people can't reach their goals, they must change something and fix their problems. Today you can't find 24 ppl for raid, tomorrow you can't find 12 people for raid, day after tomorrow you can't find 6 ppl for dungeon. But you have pretty and catchy name for your guild.
    Your really making no sense at all, your complaining but not offering a solution. MERGE US guilds into what? What kind of guild are you talking about, where you have a raid planner and people sign up? So out of fairness the first two of each class gets to go to your raid, and you expect to clear T4? Or you pick the best players and leave the rest of the folks out who will then soon quit the game because they never get in raid? This will not solve anything. If people can't raid t4 then they need to be in a better guild, if the guild they are in can't do the job then need to join a guild that can. IF YOU want to create a guild from all those little guild then quit bitching and create it, lots of folks will help you succeed, help you with strats, explain the fights, help with organization and raid role for each toon, but instead you spew "merge all the US playerbase into one guild" with no plan, no thought and no real expectations except maybe then you will get to raid t4? IDK but it all seems to be a very silly ill thought out plan.

Your really making no sense at all, your complaining but not offering a solution. MERGE US guilds into what? What kind of guild are you talking about, where you have a raid planner and people sign up? So out of fairness the first two of each class gets to go to your raid, and you expect to clear T4? Or you pick the best players and leave the rest of the folks out who will then soon quit the game because they never get in raid? This will not solve anything. If people can't raid t4 then they need to be in a better guild, if the guild they are in can't do the job then need to join a guild that can. IF YOU want to create a guild from all those little guild then quit bitching and create it, lots of folks will help you succeed, help you with strats, explain the fights, help with organization and raid role for each toon, but instead you spew "merge all the US playerbase into one guild" with no plan, no thought and no real expectations except maybe then you will get to raid t4? IDK but it all seems to be a very silly ill thought out plan.
    Find any other solution. Ask Eu or Ru players how they merge guilds and have they manage people into raids where most of people can get what they want. Or create alliance what can clear at least T3 few times. I know many guilds from 2013 who start from T3 and after killing TA 3 or 4 times start farming T4. Most of T4 bosses not that hard. And you can't find any other way for guild, because AoC very hard for crafting or RP. There is only one way to keep your guild healthy in AoC - raid every week. Of course, you can create small pvp guild for fights, but that way leads to nowhere.

Find any other solution. Ask Eu or Ru players how they merge guilds and have they manage people into raids where most of people can get what they want. Or create alliance what can clear at least T3 few times. I know many guilds from 2013 who start from T3 and after killing TA 3 or 4 times start farming T4. Most of T4 bosses not that hard. And you can't find any other way for guild, because AoC very hard for crafting or RP. There is only one way to keep your guild healthy in AoC - raid every week. Of course, you can create small pvp guild for fights, but that way leads to nowhere.
    I don't want to merge my guild with any other guild..is that clear yet, Our guild is doing fine, I do want to help keep the game healthy and will help any guild in anyway that will benefit them. We run 2 T4 raids each week, each guild member gets a t4 clear every week, we don't have room for more folks, we are full, we don't need a merge or even one more player. I am sorry for the folks that are having problems, but merge some of those small guilds together or create an alliance. Ask for help if you need it and be specific about what you need.

I don't want to merge my guild with any other guild..is that clear yet, Our guild is doing fine, I do want to help keep the game healthy and will help any guild in anyway that will benefit them. We run 2 T4 raids each week, each guild member gets a t4 clear every week, we don't have room for more folks, we are full, we don't need a merge or even one more player. I am sorry for the folks that are having problems, but merge some of those small guilds together or create an alliance. Ask for help if you need it and be specific about what you need.
    Game can't be healthy, because Funcom don't advertise game and most of potential players thinks what AoC dead or almost dead. And because Funcom have very, very slow progress and don't have enough money. Most of MMOs have medium size update every 6-8 months and big update every 2 year.

Quote Originally Posted by Texan615 View Post
    Been saying for a while there only needs to be 1 US guild, with raids based on time zones (east coast and west coast raid times) and with weekend raids as well.

All tiers of raiding would be covered in this setup, from T1 raids to T5 progression raiding, and everything in between.

But everyone wants to be the leader of their own little guild and the vicious pug cycle continues.
    I seriously can not understand the stubbornness of the people do not want to leave the leader of a small guild and merge it with the other in order to play better (indeed continue to be born every day new small guilds of **** who torture small alts or new players with ninja-invite, and then maybe they even turn the word to the poor devils who have fallen into the trap or have clicked "YES" for error).
    That is really able to say "I am the leader" makes you feel important? I would like to remind you that this is a massive game and if a guild has only 3-4 people and can not fill a group and as a result do anything ... Well you are the leader of anything.
    The fact that some people are so determined to hold on guilds microbe or around is full peoples "forever alone" who refuse group during leveling even if they are making your own quests and then have to compete with you, losing more time and making them lose to you and ask the Funcom more and more content in solo, does not mean that these people should be settle, because they kill a game. This is a massive game, so join and make mass, if you want to be alone, go to a single player game!

Quote Originally Posted by Valicard View Post
    No. Because with everyone under one roof things can get sorted out much mote efficiently. People would have access to a single 'Big Board' of a schedule and insert their names accordingly. Right now, a lot of this "lets take 2 hours to fill my raid" business can be resolved if people knew what everyone else wants to do and when, then he/she can plan accordingly. Currently, it's like everyone randomly logging on and rolling a hundred sided die and hoping it matches another guy's roll exactly... it's just vastly inefficient.
    Yeah, I can agree with that. A website where everyone was all together and could easily sign up to a bunch of raids would work well (at least in theory), assuming things remain fair and there are enough raids for everyone who is interested. Would take a lot of effort to set up and manage, but could be a really good thing in the long run. Like others have said, sort of like Crom Pugs now, or Coalition Raiders of Set in the past, but much bigger than either.

Quote Originally Posted by cins View Post
    Raiding is an immensely stupid and outdated idea.....
    Sounds like you are playing the wrong game. This is what most MMOs are like, and if that is not the style of gameplay you enjoy, you shouldn't be playing those games. Let people who enjoy them play them without you trying to change a game into something it is not.

He isn't necessarily asking Prophets to merge with all the other big Guilds. Prophets is one of the few US guilds still remotely healthy. I'm sure you remember a lot of the guilds who have fallen apart over the past couple years. Split up into tiny pieces. Then there are new guilds, created by new players, who can't achieve raiding status through normal recruitment.

I think a big part of his point on merging guilds is to merge the small ones. Guild A has 8 active players, Guild B has 5 active players, Guild C has 12 active players. Merge them together, now you have Guild D with 25 players.

Quote Originally Posted by tapwater View Post

I think a big part of his point on merging guilds is to merge the small ones. Guild A has 8 active players, Guild B has 5 active players, Guild C has 12 active players. Merge them together, now you have Guild D with 25 players.
    This needs to happen. I keep seeing the same people pugging out 20 spots for T1-T3 raids day after day. FFS, start merging with other guilds in the same situation. That way, if you do have to pug it, it's only for a handful of spots.

Quote Originally Posted by Texan615 View Post
    This needs to happen. I keep seeing the same people pugging out 20 spots for T1-T3 raids day after day. FFS, start merging with other guilds in the same situation. That way, if you do have to pug it, it's only for a handful of spots.
    Those people probably don't read the forums much. Someone would probably have to find and talk to them in-game to get them to start merging. They just don't go looking for like-minded mini-guilds on their own.

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast