Thread: Did you noticed the tweaks?

Default Did you noticed the tweaks?

Hi, I was wondering if the main guards have noticed an agro improve or a dps improve with the changes of 4.4.
    -> DT:Stiraqvcrn; Necro:Munyidora; ToS:Stiraqvaa; Guard:Stirameco; BS: Stiraqcanya, ...

If you see one Stira wipeing a group or a raid Its me

Quote Originally Posted by xiulo88 View Post
    Hi, I was wondering if the main guards have noticed an agro improve or a dps improve with the changes of 4.4.
    I gather you are talking about PvE since you brought up aggro. There was no DPS increase and there was no aggro change. PvP due to counterstrike changes and PI being instant saw some noticeable DPS change.

Quote Originally Posted by Valicard View Post
    I gather you are talking about PvE since you brought up aggro. There was no DPS increase and there was no aggro change. PvP due to counterstrike changes and PI being instant saw some noticeable DPS change.
    Yes, sorry, I was talking about PVE.
    -> DT:Stiraqvcrn; Necro:Munyidora; ToS:Stiraqvaa; Guard:Stirameco; BS: Stiraqcanya, ...

If you see one Stira wipeing a group or a raid Its me

I haven't played my guard since the changes, but in T5, our main jugg guard has become a total beast.
    There's just no way to even start competing aggro wise.

And the amount of damage jugg can handle now is just crazy, my conq feels like a piece of paper in comparison. It was really obvious on Kyll unch, that jugg did pound the other tanks into oblivion on both aggro and survival.

All in all, jugg looks like demigod in T5. Got to see in lower tier but so far, jugg ftw.

Quote Originally Posted by Mellaus View Post
    I haven't played my guard since the changes, but in T5, our main jugg guard has become a total beast.
    There's just no way to even start competing aggro wise.

And the amount of damage jugg can handle now is just crazy, my conq feels like a piece of paper in comparison. It was really obvious on Kyll unch, that jugg did pound the other tanks into oblivion on both aggro and survival.

All in all, jugg looks like demigod in T5. Got to see in lower tier but so far, jugg ftw.
    The T5 bosses seem to have their magic/physical damage mitigation upped considerably. Thats what you're seeing, since jugg guards don't use DPS to hold aggro. As for survival, a lot of guards never even spec'ed for strike and guard until this recent update. Without strike and guard and with strike and guard(beefed up version to boot) makes a huge difference in survival.

Default what comes next, comes next...

So, in short, any build any of you would like to share, even if only for a quick help to a new lvl 80 guardian, with small experience with the class? Thank you in advance. In case I was suppose to create a new post for that, very sorry. Mods can erase my post if it is the case.

Quote Originally Posted by Veddar View Post
    So, in short, any build any of you would like to share, even if only for a quick help to a new lvl 80 guardian, with small experience with the class? Thank you in advance. In case I was suppose to create a new post for that, very sorry. Mods can erase my post if it is the case.
    If this is your first (and probably only soldier archetype toon) then I would strongly recommend you play Conqueror.It's just a better, more fleshed out, and versatile class.. although as of now it's not neccesarily a better tank (it's pretty clear imho that S&S guards are better then Conqs in terms of purely holding aggro and not dying.)

Reasons are simple, best single target DPS in the game (carnage build), very forgiving due to frequent bubbles, one of the best classes for PvP(if you ever want to go down that path), and of course the only in-combat ress in the game. Also, almost equal to Guards when it comes to tanking (almost unnoticeably so for the vast majority of the game).

I excluded DTs because, yes, although they are the best of everything and better then Conqs + Guards combined, theres this big question mark about future class changes about them.

Thank you for your help, Valicard. I already play both, conq and dt, but, even having a good time with both, i really would like to get a proper feeling of the class (guardian one). My conq i play mostly for minis, since i´m on Crom server. Dt is just another beast, and even if i like the concept, it seems to be kinda different from other tanks in the game. Still, both are great tanks. Back to guardians, what i like the most is the range (pole guardians) plus the survivability (Jeezas, is it the proper word for that??? Sorry for my bad English, not my first language) of the class. I don´t know about you guys, but when i play my guardian, i can take a beat and laugh at the face of the mobs, while i give them a proper pay back. And that with crap gear. So, if any of you would be kind enough to post a build with the new stuff from 4.4, i would rush to give it a go. Thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by Valicard View Post
    If this is your first (and probably only soldier archetype toon) then I would strongly recommend you play Conqueror.It's just a better, more fleshed out, and versatile class.. although as of now it's not neccesarily a better tank (it's pretty clear imho that S&S guards are better then Conqs in terms of purely holding aggro and not dying.)

Reasons are simple, best single target DPS in the game (carnage build), very forgiving due to frequent bubbles, one of the best classes for PvP(if you ever want to go down that path), and of course the only in-combat ress in the game. Also, almost equal to Guards when it comes to tanking (almost unnoticeably so for the vast majority of the game).

I excluded DTs because, yes, although they are the best of everything and better then Conqs + Guards combined, theres this big question mark about future class changes about them.
    Dt might be better in pve when u mention best in every aspect.. but if u also meen pvp i can with good exp with all classes say, ur wrong☺
    Crom:
    Kraamz dt pvp10
    Kramzor hox pvp10
    Quickdash guard pvp7
    Kramzz bs pvp5

Fury:
    Pressostate conq pvp5
    ++++

AFK into the unknown =/