Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Redundant Soulshards

Default Redundant Soulshards

No longer see them as a fair drawback to the class...

With everyone elses abilities purely based on cooldowns now I think soul shards are becoming more and more unfair disadvantage...

Many times in close quarters you're left near unable to fight for a long time or forced to flee...

With how nerfed the dps has become compared to when souldshards were a fair dps regulator and rangers now spamming upto 5 k arrows ...

See no point to have them there for anything except maybe miasma.

This isn't dumbing the class down any more than bringing it in line with the rest.

I think soulshards if anything should merely do more damage to abilities and their regen rate DRASTICALLY increased. It's far too slow. Even all specced...

Requiring two souldhards for the worste single target cc's in the game - barely ever use them the casts are too long and after engaging in a fight you're running on 1 or 2 shards if lucky???
    Last edited by Surgery; 9th October 2014 at 23:09.
    Funcom's Latency Detonation crits you for 4800 millisecond damage. Claret died.

I made absurdly large feedback report for the thread http://forums-tl.ageofconan.com/show...weaks-Assassin

I too think that shards are core problem, but I don't believe it will be removed/made less significant so I made different suggestion.

Soul shards is a relict of 1.6 reality "designed" both to limit DPS, but also the CCs. At the time of 1.6 CCs were instant, there was added charm type of CC and moreso there were no global immunities to CC.

You could in a row, without a second of a break: FTD root>Kick KB>Stun>fear>charm. Shards were kinda made to prevant that, but even failed at that single thing since it only resulted in people going Hybrid to advoid gross shards deficit all the time.
    Retired

Quote Originally Posted by Slith View Post
    I made absurdly large feedback report for the thread http://forums-tl.ageofconan.com/show...weaks-Assassin

I too think that shards are core problem, but I don't believe it will be removed/made less significant so I made different suggestion.

Soul shards is a relict of 1.6 reality "designed" both to limit DPS, but also the CCs. At the time of 1.6 CCs were instant, there was added charm type of CC and moreso there were no global immunities to CC.

You could in a row, without a second of a break: FTD root>Kick KB>Stun>fear>charm. Shards were kinda made to prevant that, but even failed at that single thing since it only resulted in people going Hybrid to advoid gross shards deficit all the time.
    I was here bud I remember clearly I'll check the feedback out but I totally agree.

The assassin stun and fear are so **** and long cooldowns. Also taking the end feat ones blocks you out of pretty much the "essential" hybrid builds. Since the assassin has NOTHING innate. Facestabs. EVERYTHING else is specced for which is totally different to most classes that have innate cc's and speccable cc's as well

Problem is now, EVERY class can do better CC now and the sin isn't that far ahead of the other classes in dps.

Example of medium armoured ranged class: Ranger is far ahead of my sin now. single arrows critting 5 k and non crit 4 k on my 32% (checked last night) armour barb... that is BEFORE instant upto 2 k advantage... from range. Ranger seriously needs it's spell animations changing to multi-arrow animations like before and take similar time to melee in casting if they don't require facing-target like other casters.

While ranged classes are now doing hat takes a sin landing a combo and waiting 4 seconds to do insanely fast and much better and aoe cc i see no reason for soulshard restriction.

Soulshards would be good if they were earnt by doing damage then changed the effect of your cc and dps... cause more dps, make cc last longer or make them more range/aoe.

Become an unfair advantage now. Especially since it is far behind on the survival front and barely ahead on damage anymore... I was messing around semi-trying and went 30:0 k/d capping points on zerker-gen barb fighting 2-3 all game to try and win sag.

What I would say though is that miasma damage should scale up with the combo rank that is used.

Naked facestabs can be pretty cheap shot, that's one problem and you pay a soul shard. But the worste is people using SDS 2 or w/e just to get off a double facestab. I'd nerf the damage of miasmas to be lower on previous ranks every time a new rank is learnt. Even GC 1,2,3 are ever so slightly faster (mostly because their skips work still).

I'd propose that rank 4 animations stay at current dps. But rank 5 do 10% more dps as they are longer and rank 3 2 1 do 20% less per rank (one new ranks learnt due to lowbies)

I hate seeing other sins run in to do sds 2 and kill a clothie before they can react. It's cheap and certainly as unfair as rangers Linebreaker+PenShot+Stance spam is currently.

THIS would actually make Grim Corruption 5 worth using. It ain't currently. I was using it. It's too slow for the exact same debuff and bomb.

Opp strike rarely works anyway for some reason and I consider it a wasted feat. When it does work I'm almost surprised. Why this takes soul shards I don't understand. It's like doing momentum stun almost, maybe it will work maybe it won't.

Two shards for fear that takes a year to cast? The animation to fear is very obvious and really it only works when a class is engaged against someone else or trying to do nothing but bunny hop around.

Quote Originally Posted by Surgery View Post
    THIS would actually make Grim Corruption 5 worth using. It ain't currently. I was using it. It's too slow for the exact same debuff and bomb.
    Correct me if I'm wrong, please, but isnt GC5 also multiple hits instead of one big hit of the lower ranks? That would imo also result in more dmg being mitigated by mages shields, would it not?
    The Noob Comic, best parody on MMO-gaming ever. Funcom featured @Page 318
    Gone with the blastwave For those special post-nuclear moments...
    Apprentice Shield of the Risen opener

Its a shame that sin is only class that didnt get any useful change in last patch. the only change didnt make any difference because powder still is worthless in my opinion. sin has so myn useless feats now and the shards system make it even unfairer as if it wouldnt be already a disadvantage that sins need to feat every singel cc already. Sin is broken and needs serious work to be made fun to play again. all those cast cc are utter ******** tottaly destroying the image of that class. Swift strikes, castration are too long animated to a class witch should be fast and swift.

i played my sin since release, but i stop after those changes made and the t5 gear and those finesse system whcih is lame and boring for sin. in my opionion sin is one of worst classes ingame right now. the aa perks are the most bad ingame, finesse system is one of the most boring ones and the new raid armor looks totally boring. at least other classes got some colorchanges. sins didnt even get that...

It is really realy sad what funcom did to this once fun to play class...

and thanks to slith and some others, there were alot really good suggestions made, way better thought through as for many other classes and much more based on an overall balance.

Quote Originally Posted by Zatochi View Post
    Its a shame that sin is only class that didnt get any useful change in last patch. the only change didnt make any difference because powder still is worthless in my opinion. sin has so myn useless feats now and the shards system make it even unfairer as if it wouldnt be already a disadvantage that sins need to feat every singel cc already. Sin is broken and needs serious work to be made fun to play again. all those cast cc are utter ******** tottaly destroying the image of that class. Swift strikes, castration are too long animated to a class witch should be fast and swift.

i played my sin since release, but i stop after those changes made and the t5 gear and those finesse system whcih is lame and boring for sin. in my opionion sin is one of worst classes ingame right now. the aa perks are the most bad ingame, finesse system is one of the most boring ones and the new raid armor looks totally boring. at least other classes got some colorchanges. sins didnt even get that...

It is really realy sad what funcom did to this once fun to play class...

and thanks to slith and some others, there were alot really good suggestions made, way better thought through as for many other classes and much more based on an overall balance.
    I really like new Choking Powder.
    It's nice to interrupt pom Repulse for troll now
    Jokes apart, an instant interrupt imo is really nice, like to interrupt necro fear or BS stun instead of running out, hard hitting combos and stuff like that.

I have totally different opinion about new Finesse Hits system aswell.
    Really nice (on paper of course, who has tried it yet?), and sin buffs and fh combo chosen are one of the best.
    Retired nab.. once it was Korando (PvP 10 BS), Andromaeda (PvP 10 Sin), Calore (PvP 10 Demo) and minions...

i personally really like sin as is

its a clutch class that has its unique gameplay and tactics
    40k kills
    [Deathbyheals]: but you'd get face f*cked in 2 seconds if you didnt have all the cheats
    [** a 'The Law' insider**]: actually they(the law) flame u the most[**a The Law' insider**]: the y(the law) say u hack like a bitch
    [Group] [Aoccompanion]: oh no its hacker bowless
    [Hotranger]: i heard you were a cheater
    [Chriscause]: Sinful nice speedhack

I don't have to keep track of them nowdays, I just pop a cd if its really nessecary. But to revamp alot of feats about soul shards could be a problem.
    Boyscout bearshaman

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast