Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: The Epic Beginner's Guide to Herald of Xotli

Quote Originally Posted by CueQue View Post
    Will there be a pvp guide? I "accidently" geared u my hox to BB epic in a week then forgot about it. Would like to try some minis sometime
    There is part of the guide dedicated to pvp, enough to get started.
    Its not hard to grasps basics of hox, but movement, timing and positioning is what is most important and no guide can help there. Pick some basic possession build for start and use enslaving fire if possible for start and have fun. Combos to use as possession hox: Enslaving, pillar 2 and 3, HS 3 and 5 and btd 3, keep in mind to keep distance and use your cast and bubble at right time.

You can watch some videos that balacai have on youtube to get more idea what hox can do.

Quote Originally Posted by viroku View Post
    There is part of the guide dedicated to pvp, enough to get started.
    Its not hard to grasps basics of hox, but movement, timing and positioning is what is most important and no guide can help there. Pick some basic possession build for start and use enslaving fire if possible for start and have fun. Combos to use as possession hox: Enslaving, pillar 2 and 3, HS 3 and 5 and btd 3, keep in mind to keep distance and use your cast and bubble at right time.

You can watch some videos that balacai have on youtube to get more idea what hox can do.
    To be honest, with only BB epics, he'll probably want to stick with HfB and run lol

Quote Originally Posted by Ruhenous View Post
    To be honest, with only BB epics, he'll probably want to stick with HfB and run lol
    He he I wished i had bb gear to start pvp with
    I had couple of hoxes at higher pvp lvls and started all with blue gear. Latest one with mix of bb blue gear and some cheap blue from trader. I loled once when someone said that hox in full t4 is budget geared hox
    But ye i see your point, it can be tough if to many casters are in mini, luckily on fury there is lots of melee not only casters. Still some pvp gear is fast to get, at least accsesories give nice protection and are available almost instantly.

hi
    need a few clarifications:
    combat rating (fire) : will this increase only the damage of combos, or will it have any effect at all for hellfire and other spells?
    regular combat rating : only combo damage?
    magic damage (fire) : will this only increase the spell damage or will it have any effect on combos?
    regular magic damage : only spell damage?

strength: that would increase regular combat rating, yes?
    intelligence: thats would increase magic damage?

sorry, i haven't played much so a bit confused about stats

All combat rating affects only physical hits - white hits and combo finishers. Strenght increases your CR.
    Magical spells are affected by mag dmg. Int gives mag dmg for mage archtype and wisdom gives mag dmg for priest archtype and DTs.
    Dots and skills with phys+poison dmg are affected by weapon dmg (not sure about WD from comb rating). Dots and skills with elemental and spiritual dmg are affected by mag dmg.
    Also there are some exclusive things like hox burn to death dot empowered with both weapon and mag dmg. Another example is sin miasmas, i still dont understand how face stab and bomb dmg calculates.
    Last edited by Jerohn; 15th August 2016 at 02:17.

I have been following the guide's PVE raid build blindly, since OP promised maximum dps and he surely knows better than me, because I am a total newb.
    This is the build in question:
    https://goo.gl/S4ZchY
    Anyway, I followed the build up into 40's and came to the feat Wrath of Xotli. Which increases the damage while transformed by 25% with one point and by 50% with two points. So what absolutely shocked me about this build is that OP invested only 1 point in it. Are you telling me that you really can't take a point out of some other less important feat and put in favor of 25% damage increase?

That's absolutely ridiculous. Now please explain to me what the heck OP was thinking and why I shouldn't get a reskill right now.
    Maybe I'm missing or missunderstanding something. Maybe there was some kind of rebalancing. But there is NO way you should miss out on 25% damage just by one single point.

Quote Originally Posted by xpeh-bam View Post
    I have been following the guide's PVE raid build blindly, since OP promised maximum dps and he surely knows better than me, because I am a total newb.
    This is the build in question:
    https://goo.gl/S4ZchY
    Anyway, I followed the build up into 40's and came to the feat Wrath of Xotli. Which increases the damage while transformed by 25% with one point and by 50% with two points. So what absolutely shocked me about this build is that OP invested only 1 point in it. Are you telling me that you really can't take a point out of some other less important feat and put in favor of 25% damage increase?

That's absolutely ridiculous. Now please explain to me what the heck OP was thinking and why I shouldn't get a reskill right now.
    Maybe I'm missing or missunderstanding something. Maybe there was some kind of rebalancing. But there is NO way you should miss out on 25% damage just by one single point.
    Just take the point out of hellfire feast (worthless feat, no reason for it) and put the 2nd point in Wrath of Xotli and you have the right spec.

PS: Wrath of Xotli isn't as good as you think it is.
    Last edited by Evito; 12th November 2017 at 17:13.
    EvitoQQ @ YouTube
    THE IVORY TOWER - QQ - Schlenkerla/Hersch

Quote Originally Posted by xpeh-bam View Post
    the feat Wrath of Xotli. Which increases the damage while transformed by 25% with one point and by 50% with two points. So what absolutely shocked me about this build is that OP invested only 1 point in it. Are you telling me that you really can't take a point out of some other less important feat and put in favor of 25% damage increase?
    But there is NO way you should miss out on 25% damage just by one single point.
    Do not mistake this as an overall 25% damage increase. It just increases the fire aoe dot attached to these forms (think of a small storm field) by 25%.
    Feats to snatch points from:
    • Improved Fiery Weapons (shows really embarassing contribution to damage in logs)
    • Xotli's Vengeance (miniscule +magicdamage since we use HFB on CD)
    • Hellfire Feast (actually if you have problems maintaining your mana level it helps quite a bit, but then i'd suggest you try one point in Fury of Xotli first)

on a fresh 80 hox without AAs you need hellfire feast if you play it right (spam hellfire breath, and use spells like spitfire/exultation/inferno curse)
    and yes, thats while chunking on manapots, over time mana will deplete whatever people may say, so I dont blame OP that much

before you get some gear I'd take one point from butcher to wrath of xotli and keep hellfire feast, so you dont need to rely on a tos for longer fights

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast