Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: The Epic Beginner's Guide to Herald of Xotli

Quote Originally Posted by viroku View Post
    I dont know what people are telling you this but there is absolutely no reason to run avatar unless you are using RSoX. You get 100 int and strength when slotting this perk and additional 450 int and 325 strength when transformed. And you are transformed big chunk of time as avatar. Its quite simple avatar without it = completely useless and gimp. I mean 1 stun that is looong to pull off really cant come even close to substitute this.
    Possession on other hand can run any AA and do good (RSoX, enslaving, PoT, FtB)
    Ah, it was a fairly old bit of info from friends who suggested it for PvP back when I was adamant about using Avatar for everything. I had run RSoX up till then and was still struggling in PvP, though it probably was more the fault of me being bad than RSoX. I can see RSoX as the major feat to go for.

I added the "how to build your HoX" and "Fresh 80 gearing" sections, but could use tips if anyone can help me there. I've given most of the tips that came from my experience leveling and going about as a fresh 80 HoX.

When I get chance I will work on expanding AA section to include mage and general AAs. I know that the AA that increases crit damage rating is fairly well regarded by some for HoX because we get both STR and INT, especially with RSoX, but otherwise, I'm not too sure. I know we have our mage AA for khitai 6-mans, but I don't know a single situation where we'd actually be ideal to use it, since the only situations where it's useful, the other mages are basically far and away better at using it. And there's always the anti-cc for PvP.

Quote Originally Posted by CimmerianHoX View Post
    I added the "how to build your HoX" and "Fresh 80 gearing" sections, but could use tips if anyone can help me there. I've given most of the tips that came from my experience leveling and going about as a fresh 80 HoX.
    The crafted Dreamer's Keepsake ring gives CON, magic damage and critical rating and has a yellow slot for a gem with magic damage.
    The rare version of the Artificier in House of Crom has a chance at dropping the Ring of Scalding which gives 75 magical fire damage.
    The bosses in the House of Crom also drop the blue Bedlam HoX armor set which is quite good.
    Blade of Endless Night is a decent sword dropping from the last boss in Iron Tower.
    Last edited by Hyall; 18th October 2014 at 06:10.

Thumbs up Sticky Please

I found this guide very useful after coming back to game after a 4 year break. Thank you for writing it and I highly recommend this thread be stickied.

Thanks for the guide CimmerianHoX!

I see you prioritise mg dmg over cb rating. While at an early leveling, and choosing (gear-wise) entirely from the store, would you go as far as purchasing the full demo/necro set over the cb (rogue) one? Or half and half? They give you the option to buy pieces separately. Am asking cause i've had a choice from starter sets (crush your enemies pack), and have so far been leveling solely with mg dmg gear. Which worked out just fine; would just like to ask around prior to actually purchasing anything, since the store "recommends" me i get the cb set for rogues instead?

If it matters, am feating Possession.
    Obsequious and arrogant, clandestine and vain

Quote Originally Posted by Aenra View Post
    Thanks for the guide CimmerianHoX!

I see you prioritise mg dmg over cb rating. While at an early leveling, and choosing (gear-wise) entirely from the store, would you go as far as purchasing the full demo/necro set over the cb (rogue) one? Or half and half? They give you the option to buy pieces separately. Am asking cause i've had a choice from starter sets (crush your enemies pack), and have so far been leveling solely with mg dmg gear. Which worked out just fine; would just like to ask around prior to actually purchasing anything, since the store "recommends" me i get the cb set for rogues instead?

If it matters, am feating Possession.
    I'd go straight up magic damage, since most mobs are going to be dying to Hellfire Breath anyway. HoX combo's scale very poorly with combat rating.

hey, thanks for replying
    Obsequious and arrogant, clandestine and vain

I have two more specific questions regarding the HoX 'rotation':

- When using the full avatar single target spec http://goo.gl/06FPd4, do you still use Exultation of Xotli even though you do not have Glorious Exultation of Xotli feated?

- I often come upon the following situation: I have used Hellfire Breath right before the Burn to Death starter. Now after the second to last combo step I am facing a 'dilemma'. Either I wait for at least half a second doing nothing and delaying Burn to Death until Helllfire Breath is off CD, cast Hellfire Breath and only then execute the Burn to Death finisher. Or I hit the finisher immediately, thereby delaying the Hellfire Breath. Both alternatives seem suboptimal to me, but which is the lesser evil?
    This is assuming I have no other useful 'filler' (like Exultation of Xotli) to cast to bridge the gap.

Will there be a pvp guide? I "accidently" geared u my hox to BB epic in a week then forgot about it. Would like to try some minis sometime
    Boyscout bearshaman

Quote Originally Posted by Belatsunat View Post

- When using the full avatar single target spec http://goo.gl/06FPd4, do you still use Exultation of Xotli even though you do not have Glorious Exultation of Xotli feated?

- I often come upon the following situation: I have used Hellfire Breath right before the Burn to Death starter. Now after the second to last combo step I am facing a 'dilemma'. Either I wait for at least half a second doing nothing and delaying Burn to Death until Helllfire Breath is off CD, cast Hellfire Breath and only then execute the Burn to Death finisher. Or I hit the finisher immediately, thereby delaying the Hellfire Breath. Both alternatives seem suboptimal to me, but which is the lesser evil?
    This is assuming I have no other useful 'filler' (like Exultation of Xotli) to cast to bridge the gap.
    - From my experience, EoX (even feated) is only good when in Avatar, so that you don't get the debuff. I have done (too) many parses. This way, feated or not, you can use it anyway.

-HfB comes first when you have less than a second to wait.

Quote Originally Posted by Belatsunat View Post

- When using the full avatar single target spec http://goo.gl/06FPd4,
    Don't use that spec... Oo Get Glorious EoX, Xotli's Veng and Inferno instead of the horrible Hell on Earth branch.
    Tainted Souls on Crom - Johara's Featplanner

Hushi (HoX) - Igne natura renovatur integra

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast