Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Thread: What happened?

Quote Originally Posted by Daraios View Post
    It's not getting better , it is getting worse on fury as more and more people move to Crom .
    Activity in warbound is pretty ok , but I am hardly interested in the pvp event as it is either a lag or zergfeast.
    Conall's valley was hardly playable for me on lowest settings even though I can play any other game on high.
    If it is not lagging then there is a zerg , either by 1 guild or by holding hands with another guild to secure superiority.
    Willd even though your guild is the #1 zerg guild I like that they fight each other in minigames at least .
    The current #1 guild on the server is simply ruining minigames by refusing to fight each other.
    You can see one of them not capping a flag in JS because there are 3 of his guild on the opponent side around it. But instead of fighting he just stands stand in the midst of them while his guildies move on to cap the next flag or to res-farm.
    And this is just 1 of many examples I could mention
    This is an example of what I always thought was a major flaw in AoC PvP. Your friends are your enemies and vice versa. In almost every other game, you have clear lines who is your friend and who is your enemy.

I know for a while there where servers that had racial combat, but since it was totally unbalanced it didn't work out too well.

AoC should have started off with a mechanism to separate us into opposing factions so we would not have to fight our friends/guldmates.

Quote Originally Posted by Roddam View Post
    This is an example of what I always thought was a major flaw in AoC PvP. Your friends are your enemies and vice versa. In almost every other game, you have clear lines who is your friend and who is your enemy.

I know for a while there where servers that had racial combat, but since it was totally unbalanced it didn't work out too well.

AoC should have started off with a mechanism to separate us into opposing factions so we would not have to fight our friends/guldmates.
    Actually that's what makes AoC's open world pvp unique and special to me. The Free For All nature of it. Other MMOs and their factions bore me to death (especially since in most of them you can't even communicate with other factions...)

You pick your friends and your foes... but you can change your mind any time and so can they. It adds a lot to the game.
    Last edited by kalston; 26th October 2014 at 19:21.
    Expert Shield of the Risen opener.

Quote Originally Posted by kalston View Post
    You pick your friends and your foes... but you can change your mind any time and so can they. It adds a lot to the game.
    This describes best Hyboria

Yeah i agree with Shainah. The problem nowadays, imho, is that guilds aren't the least concerned about PvP. Basicly big guilds recruit pretty much anyone and don't really bother about trying to set "strict" rules and PvP goals by creating an ennemie and acting like a bloc. And small guilds pretty much do the same because they don't have the numbers. Result is, guilds are currently a non factor in PvP. It's only individuals grouping with who ever depending on the tide.

But it hasn't always been like that. And when guilds are compacte and stick together. AoC's FFA system is what's the most fun.
    Vali~The Mental Mushroom
    Vehl~The Pink Flamingo
    Vahlie~Redhead's bane
    Tisane~Kettle of Xotli
    Nvah~ . . .

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by Loaf-of-Evil View Post
    US evenings still dead?
    Yeah but come back anyways Giggity
    Usedtissue Necro 10//Emptycan ToS 7//Puggles HoX 6//Ammagaden Guard 5//Trollololo Conq 5//Bottlecap DT 2

PM me to sign the Minigame buddy sign-up petition: (http://forums.ageofconan.com/showthr...40#post2135540)

Quote Originally Posted by Chaman-bourru View Post
    Yeah i agree with Shainah. The problem nowadays, imho, is that guilds aren't the least concerned about PvP. Basicly big guilds recruit pretty much anyone and don't really bother about trying to set "strict" rules and PvP goals by creating an ennemie and acting like a bloc. And small guilds pretty much do the same because they don't have the numbers. Result is, guilds are currently a non factor in PvP. It's only individuals grouping with who ever depending on the tide.

But it hasn't always been like that. And when guilds are compacte and stick together. AoC's FFA system is what's the most fun.
    Where you at at the mo bud, got me a new Sin and my old Barb on Crom looking for a home there
    Hear keppler warshack lurvi Et Al are over crom way you there?

Playing both servers atm. Depending what I want at the time PvE / PvP
    Funcom's Latency Detonation crits you for 4800 millisecond damage. Claret died.

I'm on Fury but my game time is limited to a few hours on week ends these days. So just enjoying the occasionnal brawls in kheshatta when it's the daily quest zone
    Vali~The Mental Mushroom
    Vehl~The Pink Flamingo
    Vahlie~Redhead's bane
    Tisane~Kettle of Xotli
    Nvah~ . . .

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456