Thread: Switch Paralysis with Reverse Swings

Default Switch Paralysis with Reverse Swings

My suggestion is simple, add the Paralysis feat into Reverse Swings (thus freeing up 1 feat point that could be redesigned to be something more useful, maybe a Berserker specific charge like Reaver gets). Staggering Blow has very little use outside Reverse Swing, and I think it would make more sense to have "Staggering Blow" as our debuff / buff attack instead of separating them with two abilities (one of which has very little use in PvE outside trash).

Of course, the new feat that would replace it would be linked to Finishing Blow, and it would make sense if that new feat would be a Charge (perhaps a charge that increases the Barbarians movement speed by 25% for 5 seconds?)

Thoughts?
    Last edited by Kogoro; 9th October 2014 at 02:03.
    Nohrin - Stygian Herald of Xolti
    Ubogin - Cimmerian Bear Shaman
    Noxamor - Aquilonian Barbarian

If you are interested in Age of Conan Livestreams, check out my Livestream or better yet follow my Livestream at www.twitch.tv/visoth

Well in PvE you won't have much use for a zerkker-spec apart from questing, for which you normally don't need debuffs anyway, so I guess your interest rather comes from the pvp-side of the game.
    Staggering blow also does quite nice dps itself in pvp with proper gear, doint 3-4 digit crits on clothies, so I think feating it to buff other combo's dps is fair enough.
    I fail to see the intent of your suggestions, other than freeing up 7-8 skillpoints to spend in general or zerker tree.
    The Noob Comic, best parody on MMO-gaming ever. Funcom featured @Page 318
    Gone with the blastwave For those special post-nuclear moments...
    Apprentice Shield of the Risen opener

Quote Originally Posted by Maelkjar View Post
    Well in PvE you won't have much use for a zerkker-spec apart from questing, for which you normally don't need debuffs anyway, so I guess your interest rather comes from the pvp-side of the game.
    Staggering blow also does quite nice dps itself in pvp with proper gear, doint 3-4 digit crits on clothies, so I think feating it to buff other combo's dps is fair enough.
    I fail to see the intent of your suggestions, other than freeing up 7-8 skillpoints to spend in general or zerker tree.
    With hammer and anvil specced staggering blow goes from "reverse swing" combo to being a "1step damage combo + Reverse swing". So I agree. But staggering blow requires hammer and anvil to be good, therefore making any reverse swing speccer dumb for not also taking hammer and anvil since the synergy of +25% combo damage on a combo that gives you 1 k Per hit on crits and +36% weapon dps (averagely geared barb Vs same gear levelled opponent)

Another thing the barbarian does NOT need is a third speed boost that would just be taking the actual piss
    Funcom's Latency Detonation crits you for 4800 millisecond damage. Claret died.