Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: RP Gathering

I wanted to give it a couple of days before posting anything, this way it would give a chance for you to perhaps post... but seeing that its now tuesday and still nothing...

I had been looking forward to this. As were two of my friends who had been planning on attending. I was a bit late, due to a raid going later than expected due to some wipes.. I kept an eye on players in wildlands to see if anyone with an RPish name was there and zilch. After the raid, I traveled to Tesso, in epic, and waited... and waited.... and I waited for well over 10 mins with no one showing up. So I switched to normal mode... same thing.. zilch.

The time that I ended up waiting for no one to show up other than people questing, I could have ran some lowbies through sanctum, ran a guildie through toirdealbachs, ran a guildie through connals valley, got my sin into an atzels or crows nest run, gone to a pagoda hm on my PoM, or grinded MoA for my DT.

When a friend of mine logged in an hour later, expecting the RP event to be going on, I had already given up on the idea of RP outside the SHI that day, told her that the event was a wash, and she logged off, disappointed.

I understand that r/l happens, that net connections have fecal storms sometimes, that the game client enjoys dcing and redlining people randomly, but how hard would it have been to put a blurb on here an hour or two before the event, saying "hey, I cannot host the RP event this weekend because of x circumstance" At least that would have been better than letting people show up and wait for a good 30-40 minutes for nothing at all.

I have not seen Jiahuo or any of his alts online in over a week, it's possible he got pulled away from any ability to reply.
    I don't make points I make dents.

Quote Originally Posted by Unutterable View Post
    I have not seen Jiahuo or any of his alts online in over a week, it's possible he got pulled away from any ability to reply.

possible, yes, its why i waited a couple days to respond.

i'm actually sort of wondering if its connection problems, seems like thats been an issue for many people as of late.

i know i had issues staying on yesterday due to random dcs and redlines

Sorry guys, should have posted here. I got on to host the event, dc'd immediately, got back on and was swatted down again in the middle of talking to Satetka before the event. Then was told I couldn't authenticate with the server. Tried again the next day and couldn't even get in. I've had personal net issues related to my provider for the past few weeks, and it's gotten to the point where I can't enjoy time in the game because I dc within 5 minutes of each log in. I'll see if and when I get a better net if I can continue, but for now, with my current RL issues, changing provider will take some time. Sorry all and best of luck with your journeys in Hyboria.

Quote Originally Posted by CimmerianHoX View Post
    Sorry guys, should have posted here. I got on to host the event, dc'd immediately, got back on and was swatted down again in the middle of talking to Satetka before the event. Then was told I couldn't authenticate with the server. Tried again the next day and couldn't even get in. I've had personal net issues related to my provider for the past few weeks, and it's gotten to the point where I can't enjoy time in the game because I dc within 5 minutes of each log in. I'll see if and when I get a better net if I can continue, but for now, with my current RL issues, changing provider will take some time. Sorry all and best of luck with your journeys in Hyboria.

ouch. yeah i know how that goes.

i end up having to reset my router every 3-4 days because it'll randomly dc me from net and wont let me back in

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12