Thread: Suggestion: guards and criminal system. NB please!

Default Suggestion: guards and criminal system. NB please!

I want to tell here my opinion about guards and murder system feature.
    On PvP server it looks like gamebreaking feature because players use it to avoid PVP. It shouldnt be like that because PvP server is created for PvP action between players at first. If somebody wants to be in a safe place - there are instances and locations where PvP option is disabled. There is a skill to hide, it is not hard to improve it by skillpoints. And always there is logoff option here, just press F10->Exit game. Some players also exploiting guard's defence as a kind of harrasing playstyle: they run to area guard's observation when they are just attacked or when they feel they losing the fight and return back to fight later when have full health and their cooldowns on strong abilities ends. It works TERRIBLE against classes with DoT damage system like Necromancer and Ranger because they have DoTs with long duration and it is impossible to stop DoTs when affected target runs to area of guard's observation. Same thing happens with AoE skills - it hits a player who staying near guards even you target another player. And note please that AoE problem is a problem of more than 2 classes.
    Now about PvE server. Please, tell me why there are guards on PvE server? PvP option is DISABLED in locations where guards are placed. It is just needless load for servers, just think about it - you can improve game performance by making guards as usual NPCs. This is a first variant.
    But i'm note sure about lore part if all guards will be inactive when people fights in cities or guarded places like gates, pickets etc. So the second variant is a bit harder to implement. The point is to make guards start fighting in locations with open PvP option only when they detect a player with criminal and murderer states both. I think it is needed to delete an aggressor feature because it works bad and wrong as i said - there is improper DoT and AoE aggro trigger. In hub cities guards should attack ONLY players with murderer state because criminal state is very easy to trigger and a lot of people will have butthurt by going city hub
    Also i think that guard's damage should be significantly reduced when they attack a player with criminal state. It is a trick to divide a seriousness of the offense

So people please vote for that wall of text or tell your opinion without flood and trolling. Ive started the same thread at testlive forum:
    http://forums-tl.ageofconan.com/show...338#post600338

Even in games focused 100% on pvp, there are guards to mitigate the abuse from other players to lower levels/newbies/noobs/etc.

To me, the only gamebreaking thing is to kill other player just because; even in "the age of conan" that sounds stupid. there are no full loot, or any other reason to kill anyone.
    meh...

After your words i'm 100% sure that you weren't ever in serious PvP guilds to do serious open-world PvP. You are PvE player mate and your opinion isnt really correct here. But thx for it anyway, all opinions are welcome to see here.
    AoC is not like all other games with iron bikini and 3 meters swords in both hands. It is more realistic, more brutal both with lore and PvP system. Guards deleting will attract more PvP players who wants hardcore skill-based PvP. Killing players whenever you want - its a base of true PvP, especially in open for PvP areas.
    Last edited by Jerohn; 8th October 2014 at 17:07.

Quote Originally Posted by Jerohn View Post
    After your words i'm 100% sure that you weren't ever in serious PvP guilds to do serious open-world PvP. You are PvE player mate and your opinion isnt really correct here. But thx for it anyway, all opinions are welcome to see here.
    AoC is not like all other games with iron bikini and 3 meters swords in both hands. It is more realistic, more brutal both with lore and PvP system. Guards deleting will attract more PvP players who wants hardcore skill-based PvP. Killing players whenever you want - its a base of true PvP, especially in open for PvP areas.
    You're correct, im a casual pvper, i like it but not as much as pve, and i totally agree with all what you said, but as a player who likes to feel the immersion in game, i fail to see how killing players with no reason is more realistic.

i like AoC how it is, low fantasy, group and skill based, but sometimes someone may not want to play like that (pvping everywhere) and the pvpers sometimes(most of the time), and im sure you agree, wouldn't listen/care.

perhaps a real flag system, where you can set yourself as a player who want to pvp and only attack other players who want to pvp, and if you attack those with the "passive flag" (no pvp) guards will attack you.

you see, both parts of the game are really good, both have a heavy playerbase, you can't just simply break the game in two, they need to be togheter, but how? i liked the idea of separate instances for pvp and no pvp encouraging players to play in the pvp one, but even then, if you don't have a real reason to kill other players in open world, i can't see how it helps to immersion. i wonder if we were immortals in real life we would be killing each others all day just for fun...lol.
    meh...