Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Solution against goldsellers

Quote Originally Posted by cins View Post
    The problem isn't the few players who're mentally troubled enough to pay real money for fake money. The problem is the endless bright yellow spam the self replicating bots spew every few minutes. The easiest solution ever is to disable chat for level 1 characters (or below level 5 or inside Tortage Beach). For some unfathomable reason, FC keeps not doing that. The MUCH better solution is to sell gold in shop themselves, completely taking over farmers' market. For somewhat more fathomable reasons, FC keeps not doing that either.
    Do you have any idea how the prices of child labour in Hyboria have rocketed up lately? They're simply in short of a workforce, it's not like money can be created just like that...
    The Noob Comic, best parody on MMO-gaming ever. Funcom featured @Page 318
    Gone with the blastwave For those special post-nuclear moments...
    Apprentice Shield of the Risen opener

Quote Originally Posted by cins View Post
    The problem isn't the few players who're mentally troubled enough to pay real money for fake money. .
    I disagree. What you are really buying from gold sellers is time and time is not valued equally.

I understand that some "bro" in high school has a lot of time and can sit his ass in front of computer and farm gold (aka shards which he then sells for gold) for hours.

I don't have time because I am a grown man. What I do have is money which I earn with "billable hour" type of contracts. My one "billable hour" can buy me more gold that I could ever farm within an hour of gaming, probably more than several hours.

So if I farm my own gold I:

1/ get less gold
    2/ lose real money I could be earning instead of grinding Mobs

I never need to buy gold but if there was something that I really wanted and it would require absurd amount of gold then yeah, I would probably STRONGLY CONSIDER "outsourcing" that to gold farmer while I would be doing my regular work to pay for his service and still earn coin for myself. But wouldn't want to break any EULA with Funcom so I woudn't do it it the end *wink wink*
    Last edited by Slith; 7th October 2014 at 15:05.
    Retired

Or there is another solution:

So what if you make the FC points tradable?
    So peoples could buy and sell gold, it would be profitable both for FC and both for peoples who don't wanna spend money on game.
    And make it possible to buy premium packs via FC points.

Ok, maybe it wouldn't liquidate all the gold sellers because some peoples want money by selling golds, but if enough peoples choosing the "safe-way" to buy gold, may the goldsellers would disappear with time.

You can already buy premium packs with FC points

Quote Originally Posted by weretiger302 View Post
    You can already buy premium packs with FC points
    I remember long ago there was a pack for 3k points which gave 2months premium +both expansions, but now i can't see any premium in the itemshop
    WTB female form for Avatar of Xotli and Desecrating Essence!

yes, you can no longer extend your sub thru FC points. However, both RotGS and Turan are available through FC points.

Quote Originally Posted by Succuby View Post
    So why don't you just sell golds in itemshop?

I'm quite sure it wouldn't make the game more Pay2Win.. since simply the gold itself is not good for much, unlike the AA and raid access(but this is a different story)
    Hey, you forget the crafters and the traders (like me). Making money is my content in the game

If Funcom would ever sell gold to the players, the goldsellers would even undercut their prices. And people tend to buy where it is cheaper...

What I would do against goldsellers, if I were Funcom:

I would enable a script which logs all transaction about money transfer on the server.
    Next I would create a BAIT-character and level to Tortage
    Then I would buy 100 Gold from a gold seller for my bait-toon
    Now I would check my toon from which character I got 100 gold and so I get an ACCOUNT name
    I would check money on all toons of this account and watch all transactions FROM and TO this account for the next 2-3 days. I´m confident that I will find a network of other characters (and so: other accounts) who transfer money from one to another.
    Last but not least I would ... NOT ban them - but reduce all coins to ZERO on all characters of all accounts which had a connection in the logs.
    Let´s see who will complain.
    Ich ignoriere die Beiträge von Zatochi und gehe daher nicht auf sie ein!

"Ich besteh ja zu 90% aus Ellenbogen und 10% Herz... Und Gehirn natürlich... nochmal 30, 40%. Durchsetzen - mit Charme und Köpfchen!"
    [Stromberg]

Das bin ICH!(That´s ME!) Meine Videos: Ein Tag in KhemiEin Tag in ConarchOutside Khemi

Quote Originally Posted by Nexothep View Post
    Hey, you forget the crafters and the traders (like me). Making money is my content in the game

If Funcom would ever sell gold to the players, the goldsellers would even undercut their prices. And people tend to buy where it is cheaper...

What I would do against goldsellers, if I were Funcom:

I would enable a script which logs all transaction about money transfer on the server.
    Next I would create a BAIT-character and level to Tortage
    Then I would buy 100 Gold from a gold seller for my bait-toon
    Now I would check my toon from which character I got 100 gold and so I get an ACCOUNT name
    I would check money on all toons of this account and watch all transactions FROM and TO this account for the next 2-3 days. I´m confident that I will find a network of other characters (and so: other accounts) who transfer money from one to another.
    Last but not least I would ... NOT ban them - but reduce all coins to ZERO on all characters of all accounts which had a connection in the logs.
    Let´s see who will complain.
    They'll just launder the money, maybe convert all the gold into something very liquid like ibis shards and then transfer to a "seller" toon and convert back into gold.

Usually i close NPH chat to reduce the Goldseller's spam, but sometimes they spam in Global too.
    Imho the solution " Global chat after u left tortage" (min lvl 16) can help improve the quality of (ingame)life, but don't solve the problem.
    Quote Originally Posted by Anzu View Post
    It's because I'm a cat, like my fellow French moderators. We change any insult/name calling to dog calling.

Quote Originally Posted by Valicard View Post
    They'll just launder the money, maybe convert all the gold into something very liquid like ibis shards and then transfer to a "seller" toon and convert back into gold.
    Of course the are able to convert their money into unsuspicious shards (this is normal buying in the tradepost) but they are NOT able to convert them back into money again fast and this easy. In order to get 100 Gold they need to sell at least 5 shards. This means they´ll need time and buyers.
    Sometimes I have tried to sell shards and even if I undercut the prices its no guarantee for selling because other do this too... And of course its not a QUICK solution.
    Ich ignoriere die Beiträge von Zatochi und gehe daher nicht auf sie ein!

"Ich besteh ja zu 90% aus Ellenbogen und 10% Herz... Und Gehirn natürlich... nochmal 30, 40%. Durchsetzen - mit Charme und Köpfchen!"
    [Stromberg]

Das bin ICH!(That´s ME!) Meine Videos: Ein Tag in KhemiEin Tag in ConarchOutside Khemi

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12