Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Solution against goldsellers

Default Solution against goldsellers

We all know them already and they are very annoying to be honest.
    GMs told me to report any goldsellers so they will ban them, but this doesn't work well, they are still around and more then ever.

I don't see what is gold good for in this game, because i get enough from minigames to can buy everything i need, but some peoples still buying it(otherwise goldsellers wouldn't exist).

So why don't you just sell golds in itemshop?

I'm quite sure it wouldn't make the game more Pay2Win.. since simply the gold itself is not good for much, unlike the AA and raid access(but this is a different story)

Thumbs down

making another type of currency in-game only for p2p is one step closer to p2w.
    i'd say no.
    meh...

When the goldspam got real bad a while ago I was thinking of the same problem and in order to get rid of gold sellers I thought something like this might work:

Player admins:
    - Can only mute players (ban their acces to chatchannels), not actually ban their account from game.
    - 2 types of mutes: 7 days (for calling someone a F*gg*t N*kk*r Fvcker or something and obvious trolls) and a permamute (for goldsellers/rl deaththreads etc)
    - Only reason to mute players is rasism, threats and illegal activities like goldselling or spreading exploits
    To prevent abuse of power:
    - Write some clear guidelines of what exactly is a valid reason to mute.
    - The player that gets muted get's a message like 'You have been muted by [XYZ], if you feel you have been wrongfully muted please take a screenshot from your chat (F11) and contact support@funcom.com' (or something like that).
    - When a player mutes somebody he has to take a screenshot of the offense first. (so he can show what he muted that person for in case someone sends a e-mail to Funcom)
    - If a player admin wrongfully mutes someone three times he is out and his account gets banned for 7 days.

Personally I would be up for doing this. I ignore goldspammers anyways so no reason for me to not press F11 right before or after doing it.

Give those rights to 50 players (distributed over timezones) and chat channels should be a lot cleaner.

A easier, cheaper but not as effective solution could also be to restrict access to global channel to level 20+
    Last edited by Caudilloo; 6th October 2014 at 22:54.

The goldspammers would continue spamming because they would probably sell it cheaper.

I have no problem with Funcom selling gold on the item shop, but they might want to put a monthly cap per account.

Easiest solution is turn global/nph off and you never have to see their spam.
    Halfdead/Ghiaour
    Grandmaster Tos
    Rogue Angels
    Time Trial Vids

Gold sellers are present in MMOs with decent population. I remember that they were pretty much gone for a while.

Hug your goldseller!
    Retired

So...anyone got an idea about who those goldsellers are? I think I could name a couple of players but that wouldn't be right on these forums I guess. Even got a couple of incriminating screenshots...
    Barb: Thomaran
    Hox1: Mweru
    Dt: Haikuju
    Hox2: Shugorann
    Tos: Nephertites
    Sin: Leogetz
    Necro: Viggomortis
    and others...

"The sky is green. It is because I say it is. And because I said it on the internet."

Quote Originally Posted by AngryBarb View Post
    So...anyone got an idea about who those goldsellers are? I think I could name a couple of players but that wouldn't be right on these forums I guess. Even got a couple of incriminating screenshots...
    I know of one gold seller who sells his gold on polish auction site (similar to ebay).

So they ain't chinese

But then again he doesn't advertise in game..
    Retired

The problem isn't the few players who're mentally troubled enough to pay real money for fake money. The problem is the endless bright yellow spam the self replicating bots spew every few minutes. The easiest solution ever is to disable chat for level 1 characters (or below level 5 or inside Tortage Beach). For some unfathomable reason, FC keeps not doing that. The MUCH better solution is to sell gold in shop themselves, completely taking over farmers' market. For somewhat more fathomable reasons, FC keeps not doing that either.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast