Thread: HoX Power-Up

Default HoX Power-Up

Oki, so I'm still getting slammed and smacked about in the game.
    I'm thinking about how the HoX plays, and would like to see the following changes in the game..(hey, you dont get if you dont ask )
    We're a mage melee class that depends a lot... on buffs and debuffs to maximum damage. This is all good, but I feel that the buffs and debuffs take too long to cast and remove a lot of the 'fun' factor of melee. which is jump around hectic mayham raah.
    Is it possible to make the buffs and debuffs instant casts so that they don't block us in place taking damage whilst we wait for them to load up...
    Maybe make the points in the trees go to powering up the effectiveness of the buffs?
    Obviously the spells, DE Avatar, (and the rest, chains, tongue, spitfire, etc) remain spells linked to casting ergo, need to load up... (why don't we have spell-weaving... ) But Soldiers don't need to load up changing their stances, they get a cooldown, but the switch happens straight away.. (right? I've not played my soldiers yet..) (and they don't get soul exhaustion for having used frenzy stance..)

Also is it possible to have a debuff worthy of the name? IF we have the least magic dps (I don't actually know any number crunching) wouldn't it make sense that our debuffs kick demon butt (and make us more usefull in group/raid situations?)

What do you guys think? Obviously I havent thought out balancing and how imba this that and the other will be. I was thinking more about playing style..

DO NOT expect for more updates on the HoX class, they barely had time to make useless and small changes (this is just my opinion).
    You can read the future patch notes here: http://forums-tl.ageofconan.com/show...624#post599624 <- go up a little and check for the Herald of Xotli changes.

*If you are not doing well in minigames, specially on crom, HoX being bad is not an excuse since an average hox player can get a lot of kills/few deaths in all somewhat balanced matches. It is bad compared to most classes, that doesn't mean it is bad.

First up, you getting smacked and crushed in the game is not an indicator of a class being bad. I'm still seeing PvP10 rangers unable to kill even easy targets, and I think that's not an issue of an underpowered class...
    In pvp decent players get enough kills in pug-minis, premades against decent teams are another story.
    You can't honestly want the class changed to suit your individual playstyle better without giving thought of having your playstyle adapted to the class-mechanics. There's a thing called situation-awareness, too. If you pop a Pillar while standing alone with 3 enemies, well, don't expect to get it off unharmed...
    If you have troubles with DPS in PvE or with getting killed too much in PvP, why don't you either specify your issues a little more here, or ask one of the other HoXes who seem to be doing better than you on Crom?
    The Noob Comic, best parody on MMO-gaming ever. Funcom featured @Page 318
    Gone with the blastwave For those special post-nuclear moments...
    Apprentice Shield of the Risen opener

Quote Originally Posted by Lerael View Post
    It is bad compared to most classes, that doesn't mean it is bad.
    I simply love that sentence right there perfectly sums up aoc class balance...

Anyways, as op said, balance issues are not what he's after, but general fluidity in HoX gameplay. HoX isn't some rabies infected critter, but an elegant pyromancer, nail the execution and it feels like your dancing waltz with flames.. "One - Two - Three -- Buff - Two - Three -- Kite - Two - Breath -- There - You - Have it" and so on. Unfortunately your request of turning spells into moldable, instant abilities would not only break balance and create a horrible faceroll monster, but it would totally destroy the beauty of HoX.

Well he can have Inferno Curse debuff specced to be an instant (like this for pvp http://goo.gl/WsK18q ), but the sacrifices in other areas might otherwise have an effect on his playstyle then. From a pve centered point of view i'd say the debuffs aren't that important as other casters stack them easier, comparable to how most barbs don't seem to bother stacking the debuffs.
    The Noob Comic, best parody on MMO-gaming ever. Funcom featured @Page 318
    Gone with the blastwave For those special post-nuclear moments...
    Apprentice Shield of the Risen opener