Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: PvP hoppy toad movement

I vote for some energy drain to jumping. Not so much that it won't allow you to jump in combat at all, just enough to give excessive jumping a drawback. If you jump too much then you'll run out of energy, which will force you to jump less and in worst case prevent you from getting away when things get tight.

I would like to think that everyone will like to see excessive jumping in AoC combat limited some.

Quote Originally Posted by Sifie View Post
    I vote for some energy drain to jumping. Not so much that it won't allow you to jump in combat at all, just enough to give excessive jumping a drawback. If you jump too much then you'll run out of energy, which will force you to jump less and in worst case prevent you from getting away when things get tight.

I would like to think that everyone will like to see excessive jumping in AoC combat limited some.
    That'd be great

Some classes - hint: ToS - are particularly dependent on movement (as Maelkjar pointed out above). And some classes - hint: ToS - are out of energy a lot. Your suggestions would make these lame duck classes even lamer.

So unless this goes hand in hand with a complete rebalancing of movement-related factors (speed modifiers, energy pool and energy regen), this gets a capital NO from me.

Quote Originally Posted by Kurt2013 View Post
    How would changing a silly looking exploitable mechanic into a working active defense and buffrelated mechanic be any less skillfull? Unless your definition of skill (knowledge, flexibilty, rotation, timing, real life (not bot!) reactions) is a lot of different than mine...

I still remember the stubborn arguments about comboskipping and the absolute hatred against any change leading to actually implementing what is good about an exploit into a wanted mechanic. Maybe because than everyone can learn and it is not so exclusive anymore???
    If some people have more trouble learning a mechanic than others, that's a good indication that this mechanic requires skill. Also, the abundance of bubbles (i.e., active defenses) in this game is much more of a fun-killer than any movement-related issue.
    Rathothis|Tempest of Set || Tigrathes|Dark Templar || Isitnofret|Herald of Xotli
    BS|Sin|Demo|Barb|Conq
    Sudatorius|Noob barb on Rage

Quote Originally Posted by Maelkjar View Post
    We're playing a game here where casters can conjure pets that look like taken out of a toilet and explode on melee-dmg, yeah thats realistic. The casters in the Conan movies were only capable of hiding in mirrors, lifting doors and lighting torches, why don't we reduce them to that in the game too for realism? Or maybe casters should be silenced until they die after being hit by a barbs decapitation - cause without a head you might have troubles casting, y'know? Come on, it's just realism!

Seriously though, I wouldn't want to mess with the last aspect of actually skill-based combat in AoC, actually erratic movement is the best, if not even the only defense for some classes in melee, think of the casters, especially ToS.
    This... movement in AoC is the last thing you should mess around with.
    Expert Shield of the Risen opener.

Energy cost from jumping!? How am i supposed to humiliate now!?
    Boyscout bearshaman

As a side note. If you want to be a little competitive and keep being a keyboard turner, jumping is necessary.
    Vali~The Mental Mushroom
    Vehl~The Pink Flamingo
    Vahlie~Redhead's bane
    Tisane~Kettle of Xotli
    Nvah~ . . .

and easy do it if use keyboard with macro !

but its no give you the chance for kill all ppl1

I agree. This is a good solution. There are 2 reasons why players constantly hop around in PvP combat:

1. It generates a lot of warping around other players' screens due to lag, more so than characters that are moving normally, on the ground. This doesn't involve skill, it merely takes advantage of lag to keep other players from being able land combos or spells.

2. Combo-jumping. Very few players do this, but as time goes on, more and more catch on. I won't tell how it's done because I don't want to get banned (and I don't use it.) As far as I'm concerned, it's an exploit, because the end result is a lot like combo-canceling, which Funcom got rid of quite a while ago. If FC ever gets smart enough to catch on to what's happening, I'm sure they'll remove it.
    "Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can be impolite without having their skulls split, as a general thing." --Robert E. Howard

Quote Originally Posted by finnius1 View Post
    I agree. This is a good solution. There are 2 reasons why players constantly hop around in PvP combat:

1. It generates a lot of warping around other players' screens due to lag, more so than characters that are moving normally, on the ground. This doesn't involve skill, it merely takes advantage of lag to keep other players from being able land combos or spells.

2. Combo-jumping. Very few players do this, but as time goes on, more and more catch on. I won't tell how it's done because I don't want to get banned (and I don't use it.) As far as I'm concerned, it's an exploit, because the end result is a lot like combo-canceling, which Funcom got rid of quite a while ago. If FC ever gets smart enough to catch on to what's happening, I'm sure they'll remove it.
    from the discussion I had with a moderator, they don't ban. the discussion I had with a mod was that it wasn't intended, yet that it didn't extactly cause any harm to the game--so that that current point in time (3 months ago) they hadn't taken a decision on the course of action they would take yet (it goes in line with double tapping kbs, an uninented mechanic that was kept).

to put it simply, it is exactly as challenging to hit someone executing a jump as it is someone executing a combo-jump. If you are unsure, I can log character name 'sinfulpaws' on crom tonight and we can test. However, u have some pro players that can pull off a mini port that is much separate from the combo jump itself that also includes a jump(you don't actually port on your screen you just 'port' on other peoples screen because game can't follow your location). havent seen anyone use the port intentionally in quite some time on fury or crom(never seen anyone use it on crom).

Leave AoC's combat system alone!

Its the only thing left that keeps me playing. We don't need to water it down even more.
    Dorrak / 80 Barb - PvP 8
    Tartug / 80 DT - PvP 8

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast