Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: The class pyramid

Quote Originally Posted by Bibik View Post
    Yeah that's why there's "class balance" WiP on TL for 6 months.
    I guess you play conq, right ?

Guardian -- easy to play, average open pvp, OP in group pvp
    Conqueror -- medicore to play, average open pvp, op in group pvp
    Dark templar medicore to play, bad in open pvp, can be op against nabs in minis

Bear shaman lot of buttons, great in any pvp
    Priest of mitra easy to play, super op
    Tempest of set medicore to play, can be good in good hands

Assassin i need better cc's pls! awesome gank bang class
    Barbarian good all around, easy
    zZzZzZ super easy, boring, dull, most overpowered class in any scenario for bad players

Demo easy gameplay, good all around class
    Necro easy, annoying piece of !!!!
    Hox medicore to play, balanced all around

here is class list in nutshell
    Last edited by razorkid10; 5th October 2014 at 13:02.

Yeah that's why there's "class balance" WiP on TL for 6 months.
    I guess you play conq, right ?

and they got the balance with the last pvp gear update
    i don't see why they need more "balance".
    meh...

Map balance atm plays a much more important role in pvp balance than class balancing.

Quote Originally Posted by Mathieulombardi View Post
    Map balance atm plays a much more important role in pvp balance than class balancing.
    Do you mean team balance? That would affect PvP the most out of anything IMO. You can be playing the best class in the world, but if your team isn't helping you, well, you aren't going to get very far ...
    Drunkskunk (Sin) - Petridish (ToS) - Gwarnath (BS) - Tomatohawk (DT)

Quote Originally Posted by Belsvard View Post
    and they got the balance with the last pvp gear update
    i don't see why they need more "balance".
    So you either blind or not willing to see the imbalance ?
    PvP gear update was done because pvp gear was outdated compared to the PvE one. Ofc they fixed some mistakes like the crazy amount of PvP prot Tanks had, but you can't say it is enough to make the game balanced. Cause it's not.

PvP gear update was done because pvp gear was outdated compared to the PvE one. Ofc they fixed some mistakes like the crazy amount of PvP prot Tanks had, but you can't say it is enough to make the game balanced. Cause it's not.
    Many cries of balance..
    The real balance lays in the balance berween players skills.
    I play all classes but ranger and tos at 80.
    I find all classes good.
    And by that i know many of the weakness on the diff classes.
    Look at xander for example, phobica. Unsain.svartie etc players who wreck most other people with all their alt classes.

What i do meen is that if played correct, it is nornot a class problem.... a dt is op if he can get to u, so dont let him.
    An assassin is also the same.
    A ranger is dead if u focus him....
    End of story☺
    Crom:
    Kraamz dt pvp10
    Kramzor hox pvp10
    Quickdash guard pvp7
    Kramzz bs pvp5

Fury:
    Pressostate conq pvp5
    ++++

AFK into the unknown =/

I don't hate current live class balance so much.
    PvP gear changes, and few class tweaks already implemented, made things already a lot better imo.

Mostly it depends on what you call "class balance".
    I like the idea that classes should be balanced around group pvp teamplay, and not around "easiness of getting kilks" or "k/d score in random minigames".

This said we all know that unfortunately in random minigames at the end people most of the time just remember the k/d score, and not for example the good job a tank did with carrying flag, or an healer with keeping everyone up. Rarely happens.

But still you can't expect for exqmple to give every class the burst of a sin to equalize kills in minigames.

This said, I'm scared Funcom is going to the wrong direction with new "class balance tweaks".
    Imho what is on TL (at least for classes I play) will change more PvE than PvP, and is aimed more to repair some broken feat (that is good) than to truly balance PvP.

About ToS, it could definetely use a "get out of a sh*t" spell imo.
    The speedbuff idea (something like demo hands of the underworld, eventually with 2 min cooldown and no snare) would really improve the class and would solve the situational class weakness in bad minigames.
    But apart this, I don't really think ToS is weak.
    The few times I tried it looked pretty fun and and with some very strong points (CCs, sustained AoE).
    It's not a class for beginners, but with just a speedbuff it would get to the top of the food chain imo (look fo example what Ensifer already does).

About other classes, I'd like some changes for Bear Shaman.
    Old problems: when feating bubble, though it's still possible to do great ofc in random games, DPS is too low.
    On the other side, when feating Muti DPS is ok but we don't have bubble, and that's stupid compared to PoM, who has 2 even longer bubbles and still higher burst.
    Maybe Stone Hide would need a buff to 50% damage deflection (imo it's pretty crap for all those points in the featline), and/or Iron Hide should last 2 more secs, or Lycantropic Byte be transormed to something way more useful.. Just the class would need a little bit love imho (little).

I hope devs stop buffing hoxes and people stop crying about those.
    They got so much buffed with gear recently (more prot and dedicated accessories) that they are not really weak anymore, and they risk to become op with some morr buffs.

Tanks would need little adjustments (especially DT), but that's all imo, and game is really enjoyable already imho with any class.
    Retired nab.. once it was Korando (PvP 10 BS), Andromaeda (PvP 10 Sin), Calore (PvP 10 Demo) and minions...

I forgot rangers
    Retired nab.. once it was Korando (PvP 10 BS), Andromaeda (PvP 10 Sin), Calore (PvP 10 Demo) and minions...

Quote Originally Posted by Willd View Post
    Many cries of balance..
    The real balance lays in the balance berween players skills.
    I play all classes but ranger and tos at 80.
    I find all classes good.
    And by that i know many of the weakness on the diff classes.
    Look at xander for example, phobica. Unsain.svartie etc players who wreck most other people with all their alt classes.

What i do meen is that if played correct, it is nornot a class problem.... a dt is op if he can get to u, so dont let him.
    An assassin is also the same.
    A ranger is dead if u focus him....
    End of story☺
    You get a point, but OP get a point too, when he speak around noobies/starters. Do you think all class are equal under noobies hands ? Why they jump on Tanks, rangers... but no ToS, HoX ?
    You can't judge overall class balance around vets who plays the game for years, or since the beginning. There's also newbies and we have to think about thems when we think about the game.
    Ofc when you have all the field awareness, already a good experience of other class skills (while fighting them), class-speakers in your guilds giving good advices and easy-access to good gear/pvp group events, it affects your perception of the game.

In the other hand, pvp newbies have nothing of that. They're not Phobica, Svartie... but hey plays the game too, and they're the future of the game. So Funcom is right about balancing things cause when you're starter ToS or HoX and you get wrecked in few seconds due to gear gap + aa gap + skill gap + class difference you're more entitled to drop the game and going for one of thoses MoBas that have better approach of pvp (skill curve better for the starter) + better balance.

And yeah, i'm still surprised of people saying class balance is okay. I've seen it multiple times on forums, 6 months ago, 1 year ago, 2 year ago... even at release some players said there was no issue with class balance while toses are farming openworld and minis, barbs doing oneshots, demo doing 15 seconds roots with insane damage and so on :P

- Rangers being stupid op (since revamp and still broken today) ? Np, class balance is fine.
    - Age of soldiers (lasted over 18 months) ? Np, class balance is fine.
    - Sins completely broken (after their revamp) ? Np class balance is fine.

I'm little used of people saying it's fine, when last 6-8 months on Test Live we had tons of threads, 18-pages discussions about class balances. I have the feeling that most people are afraid of changes and don't want to experiment metagame shift even a bit (and assuming that class balances stay at this poor attempt we have at the moment, there's no chances we will see a total shift)

You get a point, but OP get a point too, when he speak around noobies/starters. Do you think all class are equal under noobies hands ? Why they jump on Tanks, rangers... but no ToS, HoX ?
    You can't judge overall class balance around vets who plays the game for years, or since the beginning. There's also newbies and we have to think about thems when we think about the game.
    I disagree about this, I would never want every class to be easy mode and beginner friendly.
    Especially hox is not really weak at the moment, quite the opposite.
    Ofc it needs to be in good hands to be as op as it can be, and in beginner hands and with no gear it is intead an easy farm.
    But class definitely doesn't need a buff and is really strong when played properly.

It's good for the game imo that some classes are more complex to play.
    And ToS is another one aswell.

If every class was for example like demo, it would be uber boring.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast