Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Thread: The class pyramid

Default !!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Korando-AoC View Post
    I don't hate current live class balance so much.
    PvP gear changes, and few class tweaks already implemented, made things already a lot better imo.

Mostly it depends on what you call "class balance".
    I like the idea that classes should be balanced around group pvp teamplay, and not around "easiness of getting kilks" or "k/d score in random minigames".

This said we all know that unfortunately in random minigames at the end people most of the time just remember the k/d score, and not for example the good job a tank did with carrying flag, or an healer with keeping everyone up. Rarely happens.

But still you can't expect for exqmple to give every class the burst of a sin to equalize kills in minigames.

This said, I'm scared Funcom is going to the wrong direction with new "class balance tweaks".
    Imho what is on TL (at least for classes I play) will change more PvE than PvP, and is aimed more to repair some broken feat (that is good) than to truly balance PvP.

About ToS, it could definetely use a "get out of a sh*t" spell imo.
    The speedbuff idea (something like demo hands of the underworld, eventually with 2 min cooldown and no snare) would really improve the class and would solve the situational class weakness in bad minigames.
    But apart this, I don't really think ToS is weak.
    The few times I tried it looked pretty fun and and with some very strong points (CCs, sustained AoE).
    It's not a class for beginners, but with just a speedbuff it would get to the top of the food chain imo (look fo example what Ensifer already does).

About other classes, I'd like some changes for Bear Shaman.
    Old problems: when feating bubble, though it's still possible to do great ofc in random games, DPS is too low.
    On the other side, when feating Muti DPS is ok but we don't have bubble, and that's stupid compared to PoM, who has 2 even longer bubbles and still higher burst.
    Maybe Stone Hide would need a buff to 50% damage deflection (imo it's pretty crap for all those points in the featline), and/or Iron Hide should last 2 more secs, or Lycantropic Byte be transormed to something way more useful.. Just the class would need a little bit love imho (little).

I hope devs stop buffing hoxes and people stop crying about those.
    They got so much buffed with gear recently (more prot and dedicated accessories) that they are not really weak anymore, and they risk to become op with some morr buffs.

Tanks would need little adjustments (especially DT), but that's all imo, and game is really enjoyable already imho with any class.
    When a Dt targets a Tos..Tos is dead.. simple like that...Dts take no damage at all...I think tos is weak against certain classes...Sins can kill Toses easily too..All that happens when u have no support from ur group at all..In a good group..Ok sure Toses are good...But all classes shine when group supports isn't that right?
    "To the Humble He gives His Grace.....From the Proud He Hides His Face"

Quote Originally Posted by ieronymous View Post
    When a Dt targets a Tos..Tos is dead.. simple like that...Dts take no damage at all...I think tos is weak against certain classes...Sins can kill Toses easily too..All that happens when u have no support from ur group at all..In a good group..Ok sure Toses are good...But all classes shine when group supports isn't that right?
    well, tos would benefit alot mre from a good group then other classes. rangers and sins are the kind of class that can get some kills in the worst of teams
    40k kills
    [Deathbyheals]: but you'd get face f*cked in 2 seconds if you didnt have all the cheats
    [** a 'The Law' insider**]: actually they(the law) flame u the most[**a The Law' insider**]: the y(the law) say u hack like a bitch
    [Group] [Aoccompanion]: oh no its hacker bowless
    [Hotranger]: i heard you were a cheater
    [Chriscause]: Sinful nice speedhack

Quote Originally Posted by ieronymous View Post
    Heum ..well ...how you explain when im with my tos ( just pvp 7 and not yet geared completly pvp t2) i beat dt or avoid them finger in the noze ?

I will not speak about skill or something , its a queer s agrument .

If you play , as i alway say , smartly , tos is so fkg op even in the badest situation

And for kills abd heals . My team rarely scream about heal and im 90 % of time on top kd

Many argument againts this class are from.casual pl...
    I sugest you to duel with good tos pl like ubermech etc and u will taste the power of tos .
    Even vs dt or sin

Quote Originally Posted by Krakren View Post
    Heum ..well ...how you explain when im with my tos ( just pvp 7 and not yet geared completly pvp t2) i beat dt or avoid them finger in the noze ?

I will not speak about skill or something , its a queer s agrument .

If you play , as i alway say , smartly , tos is so fkg op even in the badest situation

And for kills abd heals . My team rarely scream about heal and im 90 % of time on top kd

Many argument againts this class are from.casual pl...
    I sugest you to duel with good tos pl like ubermech etc and u will taste the power of tos .
    Even vs dt or sin
    tell me pls what to do when barb and ranger or barb and sin or barb and barb focuse you in mini.

Quote Originally Posted by 89ideaz89 View Post
    tell me pls what to do when barb and ranger or barb and sin or barb and barb focuse you in mini.
    Well your question us a bit or subject but if im focused by barb and sin for exemple , or any class , i will be anyway close to my team menbers , and let suppose they play well they will focus sin first so rest just the barb who is possible to kill

But i thk this quide of ' exemple in situation ' are not constructive cause there is to much ' if ' .

I thk as tos , you are entierly dependant of team if you get focus by 2 or more .if pl are as good as you and same gear , you can beat both( if you got all cd ) and if not so you just quite a max and you ave to be close to team mate anyway

If you want survive as tos first spam blue and green heal of course , and lauanch all passive in the right time Hen team send a pouch . Move well , i mean never stay static , send cc at the right time to of course

I thk if you do only this in a first time , you ave many chance to dominate the gane

But tos depend of team . He cant save a poor team but can make a mid team powerfull as a black hole
    Last edited by Krakren; 3rd January 2015 at 02:23.

🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢
    Main: Krakren Job: flagcarier Build/class: DT specilazed Rhino ( as her helmet show) Objectif: make team win whatever the price. information: alredy get 10 millions dmg parse in mini

Well your question us a bit or subject but if im focused by barb and sin for exemple , or any class , i will be anyway close to my team menbers , and let suppose they play well they will focus sin first so rest just the barb who is possible to kill

But i thk this quide of ' exemple in situation ' are not constructive cause there is to much ' if ' .

I thk as tos , you are entierly dependant of team if you get focus by 2 or more .if pl are as good as you and same gear , you can beat both( if you got all cd ) and if not so you just quite a max and you ave to be close to team mate anyway

If you want survive as tos first spam blue and green heal of course , and lauanch all passive in the right time Hen team send a pouch . Move well , i mean never stay static , send cc at the right time to of course

I thk if you do only this in a first time , you ave many chance to dominate the gane

But tos depend of team . He cant save a poor team but can make a mid team powerfull as a black hole
    you are saying tos is badass even in worst situations and now you say its dependant on its team

So you are basically saying if you are focused by two classes in this pug era you are f*cked because noone will ever help you except very good players like delred etc GJ.

while any other class has oh **** mechanic maybe except necro.

This argument doesn't prove anything. I am a casual pvper, and I have beaten some pvp8-10 DTs (who usually end up with better scores than I) in 1v1 situations on my pvp5 ToS. But that is because these DTs were not doing what they should do against a ToS. A DT who sits in CoA all the time might get a decent score in a random mini, but if he sticks to his ways when going 1v1 against a ToS he is just plain silly. A DT who knows his class also knows how to drain you, and then it's no longer as easy as you make it.

You are of course correct that there are still some (mostly pvp 9+) ToSes who do well in minigames. But those players generally also do very well on their other toons. All it means is that a good player can make any class shine.
    Rathothis|Tempest of Set || Tigrathes|Dark Templar || Isitnofret|Herald of Xotli
    BS|Sin|Demo|Barb|Conq
    Sudatorius|Noob barb on Rage

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456