Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Suggested fix for the Barbarian that changes very little

Default Suggested fix for the Barbarian that changes very little

My Barbarian was my first character back in 2008. Somehow he got bugged by the Khitai expansion and could not receive quest rewards for any Khitai linked quest for two years until FC techs rebuilt him on their server. Recently I started playing him again with nearly full AA feats, some Khitai armor, dual Crescent of Blood and various epic items and he just gets rolled in a few seconds by anything with a KB or armor and a couple of top-end attacks.

I got to thinking that the Barbarian has low armor and not spectacular burst damage like an Assassin, but builds up either DPS or HP's and regen as the fight progresses. However, players evade attacks so easily in AoC that the regen and dps does not become substantial soon enough if at all in PvP.

So what if Blood Rage stance started out with high regen and hp and as HP's fall DPS starts to buff up. And in Reaver players start out with boosted DPS and as HPs fall they get a regen boost and even higher DPS. That would give them a little burst from the start of a battle and allow them to overcome heavy armor and casters as the battle time lengthened. It's kind of what Barbarians do now, but more in tune with how PvP battles run instead of currently which is great in PvE, but PvP is usually too short for the Barbarian stances to take effect..

Try using Without Warning and Upheaval perks. With "Without Warning" and Atrocity feated, you will get stacks much faster, and Upheaval hurts a lot.

I think the stances are fine as they are.

The thing about barbs is that they get the most healing when the blood rage stacks goes from 10 to 15. When its up at 15 the healing is acually not that good, its the ticks that gives us the nice heal.
    So what we realy need is more abilities to controll / reduce blood rage stacks down from 15 so we can start gaining ticks again.

I would also like to see that the stack gains would be less luckbased and more consistent without having to rely on without warning to fix this.

Quote Originally Posted by Tyyr View Post
    So what we realy need is more abilities to controll / reduce blood rage stacks down from 15 so we can start gaining ticks again.

I would also like to see that the stack gains would be less luckbased and more consistent without having to rely on without warning to fix this.
    Good suggestions !

The thing about barbs is that they get the most healing when the blood rage stacks goes from 10 to 15. When its up at 15 the healing is acually not that good, its the ticks that gives us the nice heal.

Something like reducing Blood Rage cooldown to 20 seconds, and give it a 10 second +500 combat rating / 3% crit chance buff?
    Nohrin - Stygian Herald of Xolti
    Ubogin - Cimmerian Bear Shaman
    Noxamor - Aquilonian Barbarian

If you are interested in Age of Conan Livestreams, check out my Livestream or better yet follow my Livestream at www.twitch.tv/visoth

Quote Originally Posted by Kogoro View Post
    Something like reducing Blood Rage cooldown to 20 seconds, and give it a 10 second +500 combat rating / 3% crit chance buff?
    too long cd, but yea more abilities like that

too long cd, but yea more abilities like that
    We don't need more abilities, just fix the one we currently have (45 seconds is too long of a cooldown, so I suggested 20 second cooldown).

If you are interested in Age of Conan Livestreams, check out my Livestream or better yet follow my Livestream at www.twitch.tv/visoth

Quote Originally Posted by Kogoro View Post
    We don't need more abilities, just fix the one we currently have (45 seconds is too long of a cooldown, so I suggested 20 second cooldown).
    Having more abilities with different cd is nice cause it reinforce the tactical use of blood rage stacks.

Something like :

One for more dps (the current one fits nicely)
    One for more protection (fighting against mages ?)
    One for an armor boost (fighting against physical damage dealers ?)
    One for cc resists (fighting a ranger ?)

With shared cd so you can't consume all at once to get 2+ bonus.

Quote Originally Posted by Bibik View Post
    Having more abilities with different cd is nice cause it reinforce the tactical use of blood rage stacks.

Something like :

One for more dps (the current one fits nicely)
    One for more protection (fighting against mages ?)
    One for an armor boost (fighting against physical damage dealers ?)
    One for cc resists (fighting a ranger ?)

With shared cd so you can't consume all at once to get 2+ bonus.
    If they all shared cd, that would defeat the purpose of adding more abilities. The buffs that come with the rage stack consuming ability is not what is important, what is important is having an ability that can be used more often to lower our Rage stacks so we can get healed more.

The current version of Blood Fury is fine, other than the fact that the cooldown is a bit too long. Lower the cooldown to 20 seconds, and that would give us more ability to lower our Rage stacks so we can be healed more, thus increasing our survivability. The secondary buff that comes with it is not the point of this discussion.

Oh yes, i've defeated the own purpose with it >_< Thx for noticing it
    But having more options would have been nice instead of just + raw dps/crit stuff.

I'm for reduced cd but 20sec is imo too few as it can give the best healing of blood rage -10 to 15 stacks- very very often, just by binding Blood Fury...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast