Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: FAQ on T5 loot and new mechanics

I didnt see anything up there about how the armor will be rewarded.

Will weapons and major pieces drop from the bosses? Or will we have to suffer through another tier of asking "who is due" to receive an archetype rare?
    I don't make points I make dents.

Quote Originally Posted by Unutterable View Post

Will weapons and major pieces drop from the bosses? Or will we have to suffer through another tier of asking "who is due" to receive an archetype rare?
    I think it is safe to asume that loot is awarded as drop, but no news on that so far.
    Retired

Quote Originally Posted by Unutterable View Post

Or worse, those nightmare lottery boxes as introduced in the last round of unchained dungeons that never give the only item you are after.
    Last edited by Caudilloo; 5th October 2014 at 08:42.

Quote Originally Posted by Caudilloo View Post
    Or worse, those nightmare lottery boxes as introduced in the last round of unchained dungeons that never give the only item you are after.
    Bet on it since sins can use mage daggers for set bonus and will drop for them and whatnot etc .We ll be rewarded cashes for kills and probably a quest for more cashes !

I can be reading the tables wrong but I see 4 daggers for sin (whats up with that) and only one is shared with rangers.

Edit: just looked again and it's the same name indeed. Generic stats like con/prot/armor/crit/hit I guess. Good chance it will drop from boxes

I can be reading the tables wrong but I see 4 daggers for sin (whats up with that) and only one is shared with rangers.

Edit: just looked again and it's the same name indeed. Generic stats like con/prot/armor/crit/hit I guess. Good chance it will drop from boxes
    If you watch better one is shared with mages and one with pom/tos too....so yeah ...cashes...
    Last edited by -Shink-; 5th October 2014 at 14:51.

The 'lottery' system was featured on Funcom's quarterly report even before mentioning the new PvP content. It feels like a new staple in Funcom's 'increase player time engagement' strategy.

I would not do the new T5 raids if this is how they are going to pass out loot, there is a chance ,through the lottery system, that you will never see your item drop. It's grind in it's purest form, like the gacha balls in the Korean MMOs.

Hopefully Funcom will learn from the loot from previous tiers and put a T5 loot vendor in game at T5 release and not have us bitch and complain for 1 for 2 yrs.

Hang on. You mean specific bosses aren't going to drop specific bits? Its going to be random from those caches? Well, I suppose that makes every boss a viable shot at every item. But it also makes finishing off a character a pain, because you can't just bring it for one boss, and play another toon the rest of the time. That'd be really a pain in the ass.

In fact, that's pretty horrible really. Each boss will have a massive loot pool to draw from. At least the current system of having bosses drop only from certain pieces means you have a reasonable chance at a piece you can use. I think under this new system, if that's what happens, you will get tons of rot and everyone will want to roll on everything.
    Yangrin | Yangbear | Krem | Marsheesh | Oforawesome | Pappalegba | Yangryn
    -------------------
    Age of Conan Wiki | Still waiting for Half Life 3 - FU Gabe Newell! / May 2014 Update! It's apparently been "worked on"!!!!! #Sarcasm | PvP approach: The 'Cup of Tea' stratagem. That upon finding myself in a PvP zone & being attacked, I get up, walk away from the keyboard and go and make a cup of tea.

Quote Originally Posted by MashMash View Post
    In fact, that's pretty horrible really.
    It would be. I have finished the "Mastering the old world" quest countless times without getting the one piece I want from those boxes. Instead it's shitty potions all the way.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast