Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: FAQ on T5 loot and new mechanics

I think we all have stressed enough how we DO NOT like random chance on loot drop. I really hope Devs have learned their lesson from the previous mistakes. Its one thing to keep the carrot in stick but to piss off the entire player base its quite a bad move at this point in game. Lets hope we can get some clarifications on this soon!

I don't know why people keep saying they don't like the new loot system of WB. The new system maybe piss you off but it's totally addictive. This last year we've seen how the usual server activity almost disappear during the WB week. People keep hunting the WB hoping they will get something different than a useless potion next time. Even if the fight and the waiting are boring as hel or they can't finish 2 combos because the lack of FPS or the lag, people keep hunting the WB. I think it's clear the reason for this compulsive attraction for the World boss is the loot system. It's a bit of compulsive gambling I suppose.

The MMOs are for sick people like us they are build over compulsive collecting, compulsive gambling, achievement delusions, masochism,... So don't ask for a pleasant loot system. We will get exactly what we are paying for.

Thank you Funcom, I'll be the first of the line to get intoxication potions or rabbit pets from T5 loot chests.
    Last edited by xiulo88; 6th October 2014 at 10:53.
    -> DT:Stiraqvcrn; Necro:Munyidora; ToS:Stiraqvaa; Guard:Stirameco; BS: Stiraqcanya, ...

If you see one Stira wipeing a group or a raid Its me

Quote Originally Posted by xiulo88 View Post
    I don't know why people keep saying they don't like the new loot system of WB. The new system maybe piss you off but it's totally addictive. This last year we've seen how the usual server activity almost disappear during the WB week. People keep hunting the WB hoping they will get something different than a useless potion next time. Even if the fight and the waiting are boring as hel or they can't finish 2 combos because the lack of FPS or the lag, people keep hunting the WB. I think it's clear the reason for this compulsive attraction for the World boss is the loot system. It's a bit of compulsive gambling I suppose.

The MMOs are for sick people like us they are build over compulsive collecting, compulsive gambling, achievement delusions, masochism,... So don't ask for a pleasant loot system. We will get exactly what we are paying for.

Thank you Funcom, I'll be the first of the line to get intoxication potions or rabbit pets from T5 loot chests.
    fair point. Repetition and some level of grind isnt bad, maybe its deeply embeded in our narrow working class subcouncious: you work hard you get the shineys. But there is a limit, a boundary that when crossed risks the fragmentation of the illusion we all have that eventually, despite the odd factors, we'll get what we want. The WB loot system wasnt really in question because it is quite possibly one of the worst "content" ever delivered into this game. Its popularity is quite intriguing to me and it might give some interesting information regarding the AoC community and its ideals of entertainment. The unchained cashes system however is something that challanges even the most severe cases of OCD out there. Putting the same system into the top tier content just doesnt make any sense to me.

A chest loot system in a T raid would be the worst thing ever. You can't compare WB to raids. If you like to you can chase WBs in a row, 20 a day if you are up to it. Even if every member of the raid would get a chest at each boss it would be a pain in the **** to get loot you are happy about.

About the unchained (quest) chests: As far as I know (I gave up hunting this quest, because I never got anything good, only potions, and potions...) the system doesn't even check if you already have the item, so you can end up with having the same item multiple times, but never getting the ones which are missing.

When it comes to loot there are so many different opinions, and I'm not someone who wants shiny purple pieces just trown in my face. But I play this game to have fun, and when it comes to raiding I like the idea that everyone who enjoyes the content can in the end get what he wants, depending on the effort and time he puts in it. I like it that I know eventually I not only get the fun while raiding with my friends, but also over time something I will be happy about.

This potions crap chests are psychologically stupid, because you get a lot more negative rewards than positive ones. If a boss doesn't drop something for you it's ok, because you know for sure it is very possible that it drops something for you the next time ore the time after that. But at first getting something (chest) and then beeing rewarded with crap is a hole different story.

The only way I would be fine with getting loot chests as drops would be if you couldn't get duplicates unless it was an item you specifically could want more than 1 of, like rings/dual wield weapons. With this kind of restriction, you would know exactly how many boxes you need to open to get all the pieces you want. Once you have gotten all the drops, all future boxes could simply drop a random rot item.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123