Thread: Drostan in Lost Ship

Default Drostan in Lost Ship

How do I kill Drostan in the lost ship in dead man's hand?
    He keeps moving and keeps making rats...

I'm a conq.

You hit him with sharp objects.

long answer? attack him with charge and then get between him and the door, when he runs to make rats STAY WHERE YOU ARE
    save your rend flesh, burning standard and whirlwind for when he runs back with the rats
    if he survives long enough for a second rat phase well then you use grant technique because your flag will be on cooldown.

and mix your stances up, don't use defesive stance - the mitigation benefit isn't enough for the amount of dps you lose

I usually just get between the door (near the barrels) and Drostan, let him wander off to create his rats and then focus on the rats when they show up, especially any that are larger.
    ----
    Kalur - 80 Bear Shaman, Brunstol - 80 Dark Templar, Tallas - 80 Assassin, Gilben - 80 Conquerer, Pangert - 80 Barbarian, Xoltal - 80 Necromancer, Matzui - 80 Herald of Xolti, and a bunch of lower level alts.
    Wiccana -> Set -> Crom

I always thought something about this fight was broken since it seems to be a dps race only. I've had a lot of trouble doing it on a guardian.
    Aldryc - Demo, Alremyr - PoM, Almyra - ToS, Almyr - Necro, Almuryc - Guard

Quote Originally Posted by Almuryc View Post
    I always thought something about this fight was broken since it seems to be a dps race only. I've had a lot of trouble doing it on a guardian.
    Guardian is easy, save Storm Strike + reckoning on rat phase, if you have to use last stand if he survives long enough for a second rat phase. Haven't tried it with S&B.

Quote Originally Posted by Almuryc View Post
    I always thought something about this fight was broken...
    I am bored at work so I will answer a thread collecting dust for over 14 months.
    You are right, this fight was and still is broken. The 3 levers on the left were supposed to apply buffs. I can't remember what the names and specifics of the buffs were but I think each lever had a separate buff.
    They never did fix the fight but they did fix something else.
    Luckily the fight is more than doable without the buffs anyway. Put your back against the exit door and save whatever AoE you have for the rat spawns.

Quote Originally Posted by Zoldan-Caine View Post
    I am bored at work so I will answer a thread collecting dust for over 14 months.
    You are right, this fight was and still is broken. The 3 levers on the left were supposed to apply buffs. I can't remember what the names and specifics of the buffs were but I think each lever had a separate buff.
    The three levers are not really broken : It's just that they can be used during Accalia's fight now, not Drostan. Once activated, each one will free a captive slave that will give a buff (cumulative) that drastically increase your damage mitigation (20% each time I think) and last for a few minutes (even when you go out the ship). They can be used when Accalia is stunned by the balista shot (or when she's occupied by your dread shadow and CC'd in any way, or when you have a bubble or whatever).

Which is a bit strange is that this very powerful buff is given during the easiest of the three boss fight. Vayaspara's DPS race can be a bit tricky for poorly geared guard (especially when water barrels bug and stop working), Drostan can hit a bit hard, but Accalia's always a walk in the park.
    -
    Fun fact : Not actually the same guy as the player named "Jaedelyia" in-game. Never though I would one day encounter a guy with the same nickname as this one.

It's not Halloween anymore. Please refrain from raising dead threads.
    Short cuts make long delays.