Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Discuss! Game Director Letter - September 2014

Quote Originally Posted by Caudilloo View Post
    If I understood correctly the raids are chained. So you cannot kill the next boss without killing the previous one. This explains why you can't enter any T1 instance and select unchained mode.
    So the tier 5 unchained raids are acually not unchained at all but acually chained? hmm.

Quote Originally Posted by Texan615 View Post
    I believe the T5 raids will be structured similar to how Memory Cloud is, with the 4 bosses in a sequential order.

Thus porting from zone to zone actually makes no sense.
    Yep, this sounds like the most likely idea, and also makes sense since Cettriss/Dragonspine shares the whole Lovecraftian theme with the Entity. I hope it will be presented in a similar way (i.e. the Entity was using our memories against us - the Saddur/Strom/Mithrelle/Lu Zhi/Keaira weren't real since they were already dead, lorewise), although I guess actual dialogue or subtly revamped instances isn't going to happen sadly...

Other than that, I look forward to the new Halloween event. Not the best place to spend resources imo since we already have 2 events from before, but the last two events were quite good.

I think the Unchained raids will be tied into the dragon spine story line (since we have to access the instances from the palace). And because of what the Newsletter says;

"Ancient enemies and savage foes rise again, given strength, malice and purpose by the mysterious Emerald Lotus and an entity who seeks to bring chaos to all of the lands."

Well There is something with a potent lotus thing going on in Dragon's spine (the first boss in Sepulcher has some quest about this and also the Necromancer down in the cave at the cliffs, and not least, that Entity who seeks to bring chaos sounds very much like the Messenger AKA The Crawling Chaos AKA Nyarlathotep
    Barb: Thomaran
    Hox1: Mweru
    Dt: Haikuju
    Hox2: Shugorann
    Tos: Nephertites
    Sin: Leogetz
    Necro: Viggomortis
    and others...

"The sky is green. It is because I say it is. And because I said it on the internet."

Quote Originally Posted by Texan615 View Post
    I believe the T5 raids will be structured similar to how Memory Cloud is, with the 4 bosses in a sequential order.

Thus porting from zone to zone actually makes no sense.
    Ok then if its mechanics that prevent it i understand. Would still like to see it have an entrance in old world. Either yak kylikki or vissy for the entrance. I guess having them of in DS kinda breaks the immersion for me. I suppose they could have some sort of storyline in place like mem cloud to make it make sense. Well since i resubbed ( hits self with a large hammer ) i guess i will be around to find out.

I still say you should rename these letters to the month they actually come in. This is silly.

I hadn't noticed you were going for a trilogy of events for all hubs. It's neat and I strongly approve.

While it doesn't actually concern me in the least, I like that unchained raids aren't just randomly slapped onto T1s and will have some sort of actual reason instead. Course, that reason apparently being a bad acid trip kinda loses some points in creativity but it's certainly better than utterly metagamey crap like a popup window at the entrance.

I hope you're not missing anything vitally important in implementing that autopickup. Last thing anyone needs is more stupid loot related drama.

Any news on crafting is good news, except it's been years now. We're aware that it's a big job and you're a small company, but the time scale is getting ridiculous.

You already featured the Conq armor, why another conq armor reskin (worst than the previous one imo) with a guardian helm ? Is a mistake or a amateur work ?
    Last edited by Bibik; 1st October 2014 at 06:26.

Conq helmet looks bad, any old conq who had to deal with that ugliness when there was no option will agree.
    The guard one the other hand always looked way better. So +1 for that.
    I wish sets were not class restricted though, i always wanted the guard set on my main, which is conq unfortunately.

Also, the new texturing / coloring seems less flashy than the first one, which is also a +1.

The letter mentions diminishing returns for stats, which is another big +1.

The fact that unchained and cetriss remain linked is a good thing, so players will actually go back to dragon spine, which is a beautiful area.

Halloween events being a trilogy covering the 3 hub area is a very nice idea.

All in all, this is good.

I just wish the crafting revamp were more advanced, this is so important, i believe this one item will bring a new whole dimension to the entire game. Can't wait to see it.
    I also wish achievements were still in the pipe.

Quote Originally Posted by AngryBarb View Post
    I think the Unchained raids will be tied into the dragon spine story line (since we have to access the instances from the palace). And because of what the Newsletter says;

"Ancient enemies and savage foes rise again, given strength, malice and purpose by the mysterious Emerald Lotus and an entity who seeks to bring chaos to all of the lands."

Well There is something with a potent lotus thing going on in Dragon's spine (the first boss in Sepulcher has some quest about this and also the Necromancer down in the cave at the cliffs, and not least, that Entity who seeks to bring chaos sounds very much like the Messenger AKA The Crawling Chaos AKA Nyarlathotep
    Palace of Cetriss was the stronghold of the most powerful sorcerer in Stygia who repelled a whole army of acheron, all thanks to his experiments with the emerald lotus that later turned him mad and he become just a mindless ghoul wandering the halls of the palace for millenia...

The storyline so far is the continuation of the House of Crom story going trough Khitai and ending here, in dragon spine, the crawling chaos - Nyarlathotep (the one who lied to the queen about the ritual, and the one who made us open the portal in the sepulcher... )

Can't wait for the story to be continued, still one dungeon remains and then the raid - i just hope that there will be more quests introduced to give the story more credit as it deserves it... and it will be implemented before most of the players leave for good.
    The body is but a vessel for the soul, a puppet which bends to the soul's tyranny. And lo, the body is not eternal, for it must feed on the flesh of others, lest it return to the dust from whence it came. Therefore must the soul deceive, despise and murder men.
    ---
    Zarathustra - Dark Templar
    Utawarerumono - Bear Shaman
    Caim - Herald of Xotli
    Silmeria - Assassin
    Nekoruru - Conqueror
    Manah - Priest of Mitra
    Samanosuke - Guardian
    Isztaria - Demonologist
    Lenethia - Ranger

All in all, that's seems nice, even if I really really wish the crafting system was nearly done already. The game need it, the players need it.

Also, Will we have another special sub offer ? Last one was in like, april, I think. It begain to be quite long, I need to renew it. (Mostly because I didn't took the one in april, thinking there would be another one in may for the game's birthday but heh, that's another story).
    -
    Fun fact : Not actually the same guy as the player named "Jaedelyia" in-game. Never though I would one day encounter a guy with the same nickname as this one.

Rly nice letter! many news and in time finally - good job Funcom, gj Joel!

ps maybe can we see other t5 sets? like tos? ;p

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast