Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: One final merge

That's a good point. I certainly don't want to port into Kara Korum and find out the hard way that I was autosent to a pvp zone.

Quote Originally Posted by Anubium View Post
    That's a good point. I certainly don't want to port into Kara Korum and find out the hard way that I was autosent to a pvp zone.
    At that point, half of the people trying to gank you would be less threatening than the hordes of mobs there.

All of these suggestions you people are making are all well and good, but you forget the first rule of Funcom: If the players ask for it, or come up with the idea, regardless of whether it is good or not, Funcom must ignore it. Funcom cannot let us cotton onto the fact that we know more about the direction the game should take than they do.

Waits for: but but but, we have metrics, honest.
    Drunkskunk (Sin) - Petridish (ToS) - Gwarnath (BS) - Tomatohawk (DT)

Funcom actually has implemented several ideas presented by the community, e. g. having weapons, rings etc. on raid token vendors, changing Kithai quests into daily quests and merging the server Asgard (German RP-PvP) with Mitra (German PvE) instead of Fury (international PvP).

The difficult thing is to get it from the forum to the developers, in my opinion. In all three of these cases, there are instances of somebody relaying the info from "us" to the devs - two of them, I have to state here in his honor, seem to be related to Waldgeist (former CM). The raid vendor thing, for example, was discussed to death and back again here in the general forums several times. Only after the dreaded vocal minority posted in the test live forums and pushed it again and again, something actually got done.
    Make Hyboria raid again!

Khaletoheps AoC-Youtube-Channel:
    http://www.youtube.com/user/Khaletohep

Guides zu Klassen & allen HM-Solo-Inis:
    http://www.nachtwind-gilde.com/guide...-age-of-conan/

Quote Originally Posted by Petridish View Post
    All of these suggestions you people are making are all well and good, but you forget the first rule of Funcom: If the players ask for it, or come up with the idea, regardless of whether it is good or not, Funcom must ignore it. Funcom cannot let us cotton onto the fact that we know more about the direction the game should take than they do.
    That's actually wrong. Or more exactly : That was true, but that became wrong not so long ago. Dev have been listening to feeding pretty conscientiously these days, many thing suggested by the players are actually worked on. Sometime maybe a bit too much (successive Nerf & buff for the same class solely based on a vocal minority in TL forums), but still.
    -
    Fun fact : Not actually the same guy as the player named "Jaedelyia" in-game. Never though I would one day encounter a guy with the same nickname as this one.

I like the option of entering a pvp-area at my choice, but it must be two different areas and no flag system. I´m quite sure that it will last only a few weeks until an exploit will occur and all PvE-players will be slaughtered and sacrificed...
    And of course, if you port from one map on to another it must be the same pve/pvp-system as you entered before, no need to ask because many people will never enter a pvp-area and will get rid of all those confirmations.

Edit: It would be a good thing, if we could have a choice in the OPTIONS-menue: a checkbox for "always enter...." followed by a switch between "PvE < - - - PvP

Sometimes I would enter a pvp area to keep up my stats (100:700) but I wouldnt go there if the is full-loot on money or items. As a crafter I have to keep my tons of resources in my inventory-bag because we have only few space in Bank or Guild.
    Last edited by Nexothep; 2nd October 2014 at 14:05.
    Ich ignoriere die Beiträge von Zatochi und gehe daher nicht auf sie ein!

"Ich besteh ja zu 90% aus Ellenbogen und 10% Herz... Und Gehirn natürlich... nochmal 30, 40%. Durchsetzen - mit Charme und Köpfchen!"
    [Stromberg]

Das bin ICH!(That´s ME!) Meine Videos: Ein Tag in KhemiEin Tag in ConarchOutside Khemi

IMO player looting isn't an option anyway because it will drive players away from the pvp-zones, since not everyone will like the B&G-style, so not only our filthy rich Nexothep () would be afraid of bag-cutting PvPers, I think a lot of others would, too.

I think selecting PVE/PVP-Zones should be done like this: If asking a wagoner/travelling NPC you are given the choice which playfield and ruleset (Normal/Epic/PVP) you want to enter the way you always did.
    If you zone or teleport to another playfield you should be automatically taken to the same type of ruleset. Meaning if you're scar.....errrrr....uninterested, thats what i meant...uninterested...to fight other players you will automatically never leave your comfort zone. This way no unnecessary stress is put onto non-PvPers, giving less to no reasons to object the changes.

If you stand on a rezpad and chooses instances there should always - no matter the population - at least be 2 of them availlable, one named like "PVE - NU" and one like "PVP ENABLED - BAM". Only exceptions obviously are the border ranges which have pvp enabled as a standard anyway.
    This way noone is forced to become padfarmed anymore while at the same time giving an easy way to switch to/from PvP enabled areas. Although i personally dislike the option to give players means to just run from fights on the other hand...so I'm open to suggestions here.

I also agree on the idea someone posted about incentivising the choice to enter pvp-instances deliberately, maybe through a boost in EP gained for PvP and PvE or maybe slightly increased rare drops or smth like that?
    Last edited by Maelkjar; 2nd October 2014 at 14:50.
    The Noob Comic, best parody on MMO-gaming ever. Funcom featured @Page 318
    Gone with the blastwave For those special post-nuclear moments...
    Apprentice Shield of the Risen opener

If you are in an epic instance right now then you can't just pop to a normal instance from the ress pad. So you really don't need to have instances labeled pvp vs pve accessible from the ress pad. If they can make it such that you can't get into an epic instance from a ress pad if you are in a normal instance, then it should be workable to only allow changing to a pvp instance from the zone entry or from a dungeon entrance, just like changing from normal to epic now.

I asked for this simply to add some ease of use to it, since this is also one of the criteria that will decide if people will use it. Also I think not all zones had that menu.
    The Noob Comic, best parody on MMO-gaming ever. Funcom featured @Page 318
    Gone with the blastwave For those special post-nuclear moments...
    Apprentice Shield of the Risen opener

Quote Originally Posted by Anubium View Post
    If you are in an epic instance right now then you can't just pop to a normal instance from the ress pad. So you really don't need to have instances labeled pvp vs pve accessible from the ress pad. If they can make it such that you can't get into an epic instance from a ress pad if you are in a normal instance, then it should be workable to only allow changing to a pvp instance from the zone entry or from a dungeon entrance, just like changing from normal to epic now.
    You can not enter epic from normal resspads and vice versa now.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast