Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: One final merge

If there HAS to be a merge, I'd vote for separate pvp enabled vs nonpvp enabled zones for all areas, just like the epic vs normal now. And it would be better to have a global: pvp chat channel so hopefully the trash talking sewer spewing pvp badmouthing trolls could have their own channel. Most of the trash talk that I see in global now is directly related to pvp: you can't tell me that it won't get worse if all servers were merged. I was there for the Cimmeria/Tyranny merge: when world pvp became gankathons and killing someone fighting npcs became 'normal par for the course'. And when Tyranny became Fury. I saw what the average global comments turned into. Even wiccana going to Crom brought more verbal diarrhea in global when the Fury pvpers moved over to get more action/victims in minis and such.

Its not just the concerns on world pvp, its the pvp mindset of a few in global that I'm not looking forward to the most.

And how would you keep the "PvP Trash Crowd" from talking in your beloved global instead of their own channel?
    Might make more sense to create/agree on another channel for guild recruiting spams and LFG/LFM messages than giving them a separate channel which is just going to be ignored. Have some pity for them though, usually they fight even worse in minis than they fight in global with words...
    The Noob Comic, best parody on MMO-gaming ever. Funcom featured @Page 318
    Gone with the blastwave For those special post-nuclear moments...
    Apprentice Shield of the Risen opener

Quote Originally Posted by Maelkjar View Post
    And how would you keep the "PvP Trash Crowd" from talking in your beloved global instead of their own channel?
    Might make more sense to create/agree on another channel for guild recruiting spams and LFG/LFM messages than giving them a separate channel which is just going to be ignored. Have some pity for them though, usually they fight even worse in minis than they fight in global with words...
    Easy, whenever you are in a mini or a pvp enabled area you can only talk in global-(pvp). Unless the pvp ragers are going to switch between global-(pvp) and regular global all the time, this will clean up global nicely and keep the pvp trashtalk/rage/trolling/youcheat in one channel we can ignore.
    Should have been in game from the start imo.

Too bad that most flaming/trash talking is done between minis while people stand idle in hubs, rendering your easy-to-circumvent idea even more useless eh? What do you wanna do about that? Send some NPCs on PvPer patrol forcibly handing out gags to them?
    That aside, for the most part I find the stuff that is spouted in global pretty funny, a nice relief from guildspamming, lfg-spamming, goldspamming and x-for-invite-spamming. When all this is gone there's nothing much going on in global anyway so I even enjoy reading the stupid stuff there sometimes. Maybe I miss the old southern barrens-chats...or have the weird ability to just ignore the chat when they suck and actually play

Anyway, enough OT from my side here, I'd like to see someone with a differently colored background on his post say his opinion about the original topic here, someone like Cirith or Nusquam.
    The Noob Comic, best parody on MMO-gaming ever. Funcom featured @Page 318
    Gone with the blastwave For those special post-nuclear moments...
    Apprentice Shield of the Risen opener

Servers should be single...

To solve the pvp thing, just add another instance to the pop-up. Normal, Epic, PVP.

Obviously Normal and Epic as they are now.

In the Pvp choice, spice the xp up to encourage this zone.
    Halfdead/Ghiaour
    Grandmaster Tos
    Rogue Angels
    Time Trial Vids

Im all up for the single server idea, either flag or instance ideas are nice and have successfully been implemented in other games. Sadly for AoC is too late for that effort. Im sure it could very wrll be doable but the necessary code work, timeframe with current limited dev team plus the overall high chance of breaking the game for good are enough reasons why we'll never see this happening. The only single server technology we'll see is when Fury finally meets Rage's fate and shuts down after the last few willing refugees pay for their transfers into Crom, the last server standing. I give it 18 months to happen.

I would almost go as far to say it would be a better system with one big server and selecting the "normal" "epic" or "pvp" when you zone somewhere.

i like the idea of 1 server with the option to select which kind of instance you want to play.
    sometimes you have the humor to open-world pvp, sometimes you don't.
    but there must be something to encourage players to play on pvp instances, better rewards, a % of extra exp, full inventory loot on non-bound items.
    speaking for myself, i like pvp, althought im not the kind of player that likes to gank or attack someone from behind, im more a duelist player. i wound't play pvp instances if the only reward consists on kill other players.
    meh...

Quote Originally Posted by Caudilloo View Post
    Easy, whenever you are in a mini or a pvp enabled area you can only talk in global-(pvp). Unless the pvp ragers are going to switch between global-(pvp) and regular global all the time, this will clean up global nicely and keep the pvp trashtalk/rage/trolling/youcheat in one channel we can ignore.
    Should have been in game from the start imo.
    u actually think we would use the global(pvp) channel, nay we will be in the normal global channel
    40k kills
    [Deathbyheals]: but you'd get face f*cked in 2 seconds if you didnt have all the cheats
    [** a 'The Law' insider**]: actually they(the law) flame u the most[**a The Law' insider**]: the y(the law) say u hack like a bitch
    [Group] [Aoccompanion]: oh no its hacker bowless
    [Hotranger]: i heard you were a cheater
    [Chriscause]: Sinful nice speedhack

Quote Originally Posted by Tony82 View Post
    Funcom imho can use a simple method to finally fix this situation:
    1) Merge ALL server in one.
    2) Develop the "Flagged" for PvP (Blue/Orange/Red).

Flagged for PvP must work like this:
    - A player who wanna make open world pvp can flag himself as "PvP", and he become "Orange" for PvE flagged Player(Blue), and "Red" for flagged PvP player (Red).
    - Orange player cant hit/heal Blue Player and Blue player cannot heal/hit Orange.
    - If a Blue Player try to attack an Orange player he will have an "error message" (NO auto toogle PvP, to avoid exploit, like in WoW...).
    - Red Vs Red work as always.
    - If a PvP flagged player (Red) want to switch back to PvE flag (Blue) there is a wait timer of 5 minuts after press "Switch to PvE flag".

This is basicly my idea.

Peace

I'm okay with flagging, but there is little difference in orange and red to people who are colorblind (my bf is colorblind and cannot tell the difference between the two) Instead of colors, perhaps having an option to toggle on/off in interface options. If someone is toggled for pvp, they are red to people, and if someone has no pvp button checkmarked, they appear as a normal person would in a pve instance.. or have a certain icon over their names.

Or seperate instances... I'd definately prefer seperate instances... but ONLY if they change it to where you can use paths in them. Imo, the "no path of asura in bori" is stupid because when some level 30-something noob makes the mistake of exploring the region, they get gank fested by 80 pvpers who enjoy ruining peoples day... and YES... that happens occasionally.
    Last edited by Artemisia; 1st October 2014 at 21:45.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast