Thread: Slam?

Default Slam?

Ey, I think I'm asking an stupid question but.. it won't be the first one. Yesterday I was in a HM with a DT with a good agro with a not so good gear and I looked his rotation at the logcombatvand I saw he was spaming slam. I asked him why but .. He was rusian I we didn't understand each other.

Do you think slam could be usefull for any reason?
    -> DT:Stiraqvcrn; Necro:Munyidora; ToS:Stiraqvaa; Guard:Stirameco; BS: Stiraqcanya, ...

If you see one Stira wipeing a group or a raid Its me

i dont agree its useless - in pve it may be not too viable but in pvp i has its role - its basicly 2hit combo without a starter - so you get two hits in time space of one white hit instantly - its very good way to proc all the DTs abilities - as sometimes one white hit at conditions we have now can be lethal and deal couple k damage if not more ...

hit slam with full stack of void, then tell me its useless in pve.

It is...you always have better things to hit with full void stack...and by your logic all combos are awesome "cause VoM was stacked".I don't know about pvp but i think op was focused on pve and hms.

*dt is vom dependent
    *slam is quick , certain to land , can crit
    *crits provide vom
    *slam provides
    Fury:
    Etheecx -Necrow R5
    Ebedokles -Priest of Agrigento [threw himself into the volcano!]
    Teargarden -Sin R8
    Teagarden -Ranger R7
    Tempgarden - DeaTea R8
    Teadealer -ToS R3

Crom:
    Ethicx -Demonologist R10
    Bedtime -Guardian R5
    SponsoredHox R3 delight

*Chaotic gooD*

Ive seen several DTs use slam in mini games. Maybe to try and get a quick crit or a sadism stack? None of those DTs get top kills in minis.
    Fun fact, years ago my former raidleader leader would use slam in his conq combo rotation to help with aggro. This was previous to conq revamp, back when brute tree was trash but he somehow always had high aggro on bosses in T3. I tried to incorporate slam in rotation but it just didnt work me. maybe he was just trolling. I tested several of those "tortage combos" over the years on different classes and I never found any real use for them. They dont proc anything innate and dont scale all that well on dmg

Quote Originally Posted by Audrey- View Post
    *dt is vom dependent
    *slam is quick , certain to land , can crit
    *crits provide vom
    *slam provides
    I agree with Shink, change "slam" with "white hit" in your sentences and that works aswell according to your logic.

So according to this logic a DT could just spam white hits all the time (well maybe yes.. A tali DT could have enough aggro and DPS by doing that ).

And what means "certain to land"? In PvE mobs don't bunnyjump to evade your hits, so if it hits or not depends on your Hit Rating vs mob hidden Evade, like every other combo.

What could really make it special is the number of hits over the time, if it is really EXTREMELY fast (almost instant).
    I can't test it now, but as far as I remember it really isn's SO fast.
    Maybe in PvP has some use yes, because DT if I'm not wrong pretty much lacks fast 1-step combos.
    Last edited by Korando-AoC; 29th September 2014 at 17:33.
    Retired nab.. once it was Korando (PvP 10 BS), Andromaeda (PvP 10 Sin), Calore (PvP 10 Demo) and minions...

I've got Slam on a hotkey but its not so to say my main priority.. I tend to use it if I need something to fill before something comes off cooldown, or I see that I need a few more seconds before using next Leech Life. Quick hits as other say, and the DT is a proc machine so, yeah..

Quote Originally Posted by Korando-AoC View Post
    I agree with Shink, change "slam" with "white hit" in your sentences and that works aswell according to your logic.

So according to this logic a DT could just spam white hits all the time (well maybe yes.. A tali DT could have enough aggro and DPS by doing that ).

And what means "certain to land"? In PvE mobs don't bunnyjump to evade your hits, so if it hits or not depends on your Hit Rating vs mob hidden Evade, like every other combo.

What could really make it special is the number of hits over the time, if it is really EXTREMELY fast (almost instant).
    I can't test it now, but as far as I remember it really isn's SO fast.
    Maybe in PvP has some use yes, because DT if I'm not wrong pretty much lacks fast 1-step combos.
    many combos are 1-stepped , what u mean is insta-combos i guess (things parallel to dww or gb on a sin) , if yes, dt doesnt have such gooddies .

Certain to land term goes mostly to a pvp scenario. You failed to land the combo? No problemo signore , break the combo and recast it without any additional cooldowns or presteps . In any other combo you'd need to wait for cooldown , or "craft" your presteps again.

I have faith in slam alone , i got more faith in charge-slam's stagger , i got faith in this combo in general cause it's more of a spell and less of anything else.

A sin can force fatalities with spells likes Atrophy , and since DT has a small Atrophy right in his pocket , he better use it

For the ones who'r gonna try it : Bind it on mouse or on a very accesible key , you need good timing to take advantage of it , you also need to be a fast-paced player.

My opinions donnot apply on pve. I know i've maintaked tian's while using slam on my totally unstable combo rotation , and i also know that more dedicated ppl can do things better than my dt on this field of gaming experience.
    Fury:
    Etheecx -Necrow R5
    Ebedokles -Priest of Agrigento [threw himself into the volcano!]
    Teargarden -Sin R8
    Teagarden -Ranger R7
    Tempgarden - DeaTea R8
    Teadealer -ToS R3

Crom:
    Ethicx -Demonologist R10
    Bedtime -Guardian R5
    SponsoredHox R3 delight

*Chaotic gooD*

Quote Originally Posted by Wulfgaarr View Post
    Ive seen several DTs use slam in mini games. Maybe to try and get a quick crit or a sadism stack? None of those DTs get top kills in minis...."tortage combos"... dont proc anything innate and dont scale all that well on dmg
    Sadism stacks when someone else in your team is hit, or, if you have masochism feated, sometimes when you get hit. You can stack sadism with mana penalty if you have Rit bloodshed, but you cannot stack it by doing hits. I think you mean VoM stack.
    Tortage combos are mostly useless, except they often dish out a quick few hits that can increase your VoM stack or trigger procs. Not very useful, but the almost-instant slam combo can sometimes be used to try to keep VoM stack high. Not for damage.
    Don't expect to see any difference between DTs using slam and those who do not, except that they will have more buttons to choose between. As you say, tortage combos do not scale very well. I still use tortage DoT combos, as the DT does not have DoT class combos, but this is to satisfy my own weirdness and OCD for a DoT combo, not for any mathematical reason. Even so, there is no reason to use these combos and you can do much higher damage rotating different ranks of DT combos.
    In balance with this life, this death
    -- Hand of Ibis RiP
    Magic is seeing what happens when you hit someone really hard, and when they disappear in a red spray, that's magic.
    -- Jansensen, Gunderman fighter {max taps - RiP}
    CQB Ranger