Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Thoughts about putting in an alliance chat sytem

Quote Originally Posted by weretiger302 View Post
    I may be missing the point, but how is this different than just having people on your friends list? Be friends with an allied guild member, then have them carry your message. Anyway, if they cant fix invisible mounts yet they probably can't add another chat group.
    Having the custom chat channels means that you have a broader impact when you for example need people for a raid or for 6-man groups, and it fosters a better bond between different guilds. It's also a boon for RP-guilds (although I don't think there's many of those left, even though there weren't many of them to begin with) and can help when it comes to open-world PvP-warfare (Members of guild A in Alliance A attacks members from a guild in Alliance B, B-members call for help in Alliance Chat B, who then rallies, which makes members of A call for help, and a massive brawl ensues).

Having people on your friendslist is useful, sure, but you'll have a bigger impact and a more streamlined way of contacting people when you can reach more likeminded people at the same time instead of spamming Global, for example.
    Battleaxe Brain Surgeons Rides Again!

Wharrgharbl (80 Axemurdering maniac Barb)
    Ikoim (80 Conq)
    Hazakahn (80 ToSspot)
    Kegh (80 Beer Shaman)
    Vachir (80 Guardian)
    Mivat (80 Necromancer)
    A horde of other alts...

I am very glad to see that there is this much support for the idea. I never expected this thread to have over 500 views.

What do you guys think? Is there any chance, that this custom/alliance chat would be implemented in the future? The idea got positive feedback so far and I really believe it would help the commutiny and the guilds.

Positive player feedback means nothing without positive Funcom feedback AND support. Sadly i think this is thread will get filed with all the other wishful thinking threads that have been posted over they years.

Quote Originally Posted by netsike View Post
    What do you guys think? Is there any chance, that this custom/alliance chat would be implemented in the future? The idea got positive feedback so far and I really believe it would help the commutiny and the guilds.
    If FC can't implement it themselves, they can simplify the process through upgrading (or downgrading? Not sure ) the chat-system to mirror the possibilities that's in AO. Not sure on how the chatsystem in TSW is, although I know that it's based on an IRC-system just as AO/AoC's systems are. But the difference there is that the chat in TSW is encrypted and that nobody I've checked with has been able to get a chatbot up and running for it.

Tomium/Joel: Any chance of getting Vhab to look at the chatsystems in AoC?
    Battleaxe Brain Surgeons Rides Again!

Wharrgharbl (80 Axemurdering maniac Barb)
    Ikoim (80 Conq)
    Hazakahn (80 ToSspot)
    Kegh (80 Beer Shaman)
    Vachir (80 Guardian)
    Mivat (80 Necromancer)
    A horde of other alts...

Custom Chats are great - not only for finding PvE or RP groups, but also for organizing raids, getting in touch with other players of the same class and so on.
    Make Hyboria raid again!

Khaletoheps AoC-Youtube-Channel:
    http://www.youtube.com/user/Khaletohep

Guides zu Klassen & allen HM-Solo-Inis:
    http://www.nachtwind-gilde.com/guide...-age-of-conan/

It is possible to have your guild bot show another guilds (alliance) chat in yours and vice versa. This may not be exactly what you want but it definitely works.

This feature was added to City of Heroes/City of Villains at least 2 or 3 years after release. It was an extra chat channel called "Coalition." If you had the channel set as active in chat options (coalition was orange text) you could see the chat of any member of any Super Group or Villain Group you were aligned with if they were typing in coalition chat.

I can't say it was groundbreaking but it certainly was useful. It was very cool to be able to keep tabs on any potential raids or Task Forces forming up among allied guilds, or even just hooking up with a grinding group. I found it much more beneficial than just having a "friends" channel or watching "global" for these opportunities.

As I am also the leader/architect of my own Guild and city I appreciate and understand why some smaller guilds do not want to abandon what they have worked very long to build, to be absorbed into a larger guild. The ability for guilds of any size to be able to communicate with each other through a privatized chat channel just makes sense at this point. For everybody.

If this could be implemented several years into a game released circa '03-4 I cannot imagine it would be that difficult to do so now.

if the alliance is between guilds, bot takes care of this function very well, in my current guild, the bot performs many of these tasks, such as alerts who's online in both guilds, and shows the result of the roll on both, in a previous guilds it was also the most advanced, using the command !allies bot was responsible for writing the text followed by !allies in their guild chat, communication was complete!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast